• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

pokemon on the 3ds?

Katie_Q

Pokemon master in the making
    Years
    Will you like it when pokemon goes 3D? (assuming they'll keep going after black and white). What do you think it'll be like for you?

I personally will probably try to pat my pokes. and then when I get angry at them i'll try and hit them, hopefully not resulting in me smashing the screen. How about you guys?

Le Creep!

~don't act blonde.
    Years
    I doubt it will, but if it does, it would be terrible -.-

I mean, they just released the DSi XL. Do you really think people are going to go out and buy another console after buying a new one a couple of months ago? No. Nintendo is moving too quickly.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Yes, they moved too quickly....

I bought a DSi, as it was brand new, for christmas.
    1st of January 2010, and I see an advert for the DSi XL. I was fuming.

Actually, that happened to me with GBA/GBA SP too...

I'll probably just be like "wooaahh!", then, either it'll break, like my Xbox360 (luckily I'll get an Xbox 360 Slim, as it's cheaper than mine was originally), or I'll get migraines and have to disable it, like how I get them playing on Wii (I'm not kidding, it's weird)

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    It's the name of the game, babes. That's just the market for you. Besides, it's not like you absolutely have to get an XL. I sure don't want it. I just got a Lite last summer and I'm enjoying it. The 3DS still has time before it's released, so bugging out about it being released too soon is unnecessary.

Anyway, I think it'll be...interesting. It's one thing for an action game to have 3D, but something like Pokemon? It'll take some getting used to, but I expect that Nintendo can make it work. After all, Epic Yarn. They're making yarn work in a video game.

Blackhebrew2

Epic Banana Ninja!
    Years
    I still have my phat DS. As Sydian said above me,it's marketing and nintendo are winning that game. Also Sydian, Epic Yarn looks awesome.

I don't like 3D (full stop) "."

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2012
    yeah, I don't understand people's obsession with 3D now, stupid Avatar...

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2012
    the dsi XL is of no consequence since the resolution is exactly the same as the ds lite/dsi. The screen may be bigger, but that means obvious pixellation to those with average to good vision. I see the XL mainly for people who don't see well. If it had higher res, that'd be a different story. As it stands, it's just a footnote in the timeline of the handhelds.

As for the 3ds, i'm reserving judgement until i actually SEE the thing.

I'm assuming not everything will be in "3d". More horsepower will be needed for blakc and white probably. So, I'd say they're moving at a reasonable pace.

If anything, they need to put out a wii with at least 720p or 1080p res.

wilfred888

ShadowElite
    Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2014
    I was really going to buy a DSi, LUCKILY I saw the recent post about the 3DS. Ima save mah bucks nao.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    I'm afraid if Pokemon is going to lose it's feel with all these new 3D improvements.

Give me Pokemon Blue over any 3D Pokemon game and you'd make me one happy university student.

Back