• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

POKEMON ON THE XBOX 360 AND PS3

Years
    i know pokemon is a nintendo trade mark but think how awesome it would be to have a pokemon game on the 360 or ps3 were you can rom around a online world and battle other people and fight gym leaders exactly like the gameboy or ds games. i know this probally would never happen but tell me what you think about this idea i know most of you will just probally tell me how its a nintendo trade mark and should never be put on any other systems but i wanna hear what you guys think of this idea

Years
    it makes a big difference because the wii doesnt have good online like the xbox 360 or ps3 witch woul dlet you go online and battle people around the wrold and it would let it have better graphics

Years
    ya you can do that with the xbox camera or the ps3 camera and wii online or ds online doesnt even compare to online on the xbox 360 or ps3 if pokemon was on either systems it would be alot better to contact people all around the world and battle them

The Noob Hacker

Praise the sun.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    The only good that could come out of that is an actual matchmaking system. With like rank, possibly custom settings, and actual decent online. To which, as aforementioned, the Wii and DS couldn't compare.

Years
    ya that what i want i want it all to be like the old games like the story the same but for the online its like another story were you meet acual people online on the way through it

The Noob Hacker

Praise the sun.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    ya that what i want i want it all to be like the old games like the story the same but for the online its like another story were you meet acual people online on the way through it
    That would be an MMO, best suited for PC gaming.

Years
    Unlike some people, I will think about this.

Hmm...it sounds like a good concept...maybe.

As long as they make Pokemon a better gaming experience in general, such as an actual serious plot (Team Plasma is still a bit of a joke for my liking), such as using Pokemon for war and stuff, considering what they are capable of (think about it. THEY CAN USE FRICKING EARTHQUAKES), and putting some elements of romance maybe, not needed, but also character creation, and that's it really. It would sell.

It's not hard for a Pokemon transition into Playstation or Xbox 360, as long as they trim the kiddy-stuff and put some serious elements into it, making it feel like an actual game than just a leisure game. I mean come on, even competitive battling feels like leisure.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    Pokemon on PC/360/PS3 would have different graphics, possibly better, yes. However, it would be 3D. Let's be honest, even the original Gameboy games looked better than XD/Collo, even though they were generations apart in graphical capabilities. Pokemon just isn't suited for 3D.

Also, Pokemon is a handheld game at heart. It's usually a small kinda thing for playing a bit on the road or when you're bored. You're never gonna get away with dumping it exactly as it is on a console and getting away with it. Colo, XD and the like are "spin-offs" for a reason. They're also pretty terrible (besides Mirror B.)

The internautical capabilities as they are on the DS are good enough. It's not necessary to have anything like scoreboard, achievements and the like. Plus, nobody wants to have angry 10-year old prepubescent little boys shouting expletives at the top of their lungs across the internet while playing Pokemon. Nintendo WFC is all we need for Pokemon battling; it doesn't require hardcore stuff. Anyway, Mario Kart and SSBB work fine with Nintendo WFC and Pokemon's system is far simpler.

No offense, but you sound like a little kid to whom graphics are everything. They aren't.

Last edited:

butterbiscuit

Potential!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2013
    This will never happen, and would go over badly if it did.

A lot of people who play Pokemon, much like myself, do not own an XBOX or a PS3. No games are very interesting on it. There would be an outrage amongst players, because Pokemon games have always been handheld, that's their thing. Easy to play anywhere. I know there's been 3D Pokemon games, but they haven't been as successful as 2D ones.

The online capabilities are good enough with the DS. It may not be perfect, but it's good enough.

All in all, it wouldn't be worth it for it to switch over for even just one game to PS3 or XBOX.

Purple Materia

Shape the future!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Apr 12, 2014
    I thought about it myself, but instead of a major plot with defined characters, it would take place in Kanto years after Red becomes champion, and after you defeat the Elite Four in Kanto, you go to Johto, then Hoenn. A more real time battle system, and a vast amount of character customization. But then I thought about it some more.

If it had more than two regions, the last region would be extremely high leveled if the level curve is similar to the Game Boy games. How would a real time battle system work, exactly? And I don't think Nintendo would license one of their biggest franchises to a different console. The Wii would be fine I guess.

Graphics aren't everything by the way.

Years
    i agree with you completly about the 3d graphics and everything you said but no graphics dont mean anything to me really at all i mean like id want the original gameboy graphics i mean just maybe a tad better and more colours like even on the xbox arcade or on the psn

Years
    Seriously guys, graphics are over rated, but they sort of do matter.

I mean, you do remember that Pokemon on the GB you could barely tell what you were even looking at? So don't say they don't mean much, because they do. Would you play Pokemon if it was the same crap each time? No right? Because that would be boring as heck. Trust me, Pokemon graphics mean something. Just saying.

But yeah, it would kind of work. But then again, Nintendo people are greedy, and Satoshi Tajiri wouldn't let them think about it, if I remember correctly he wanted Pokemon to mostly be a leisure/handheld game, because the whole concept of Pokemon wouldn't exactly work out.

So..yeah, I'm going to stick in the middle for this one.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Well, since you don't want us saying that Pokemon is Nintendo and that this will never happen, all I will say is that this would not bowl over well. Some people didn't even take kindly to the 3D RPGs we got on the GameCube for Pokemon, so why would having this on PS3 or 360 make any difference?

Ninja Caterpie said:
    Pokemon on PC/360/PS3 would have different graphics, possibly better, yes. However, it would be 3D. Let's be honest, even the original Gameboy games looked better than XD/Collo, even though they were generations apart in graphical capabilities. Pokemon just isn't suited for 3D.

Also, Pokemon is a handheld game at heart. It's usually a small kinda thing for playing a bit on the road or when you're bored. You're never gonna get away with dumping it exactly as it is on a console and getting away with it. Colo, XD and the like are "spin-offs" for a reason. They're also pretty terrible (besides Mirror B.)

The internautical capabilities as they are on the DS are good enough. It's not necessary to have anything like scoreboard, achievements and the like. Plus, nobody wants to have angry 10-year old prepubescent little boys shouting expletives at the top of their lungs across the internet while playing Pokemon. Nintendo WFC is all we need for Pokemon battling; it doesn't require hardcore stuff. Anyway, Mario Kart and SSBB work fine with Nintendo WFC and Pokemon's system is far simpler.

No offense, but you sound like a little kid to whom graphics are everything. They aren't.

I couldn't have said it better. This essentially sums up my feelings on the matter.

Team Fail said:
    Better graphics on a Pokemon game? Ha. Plus, as Droidz said, you have the Wii and DS. They're nearly as powerful, and you still can battle and trade real-time around the world, or do face chats. Bet ya can't do that on a PS3 or Xbox 360 right out of the package.

I want you to re-read that and tell me what's wrong with that statement. Say it out loud over and over until you realize how slow that statement was. Then I want you to smack yourself in the head and say "should've had a V8."

some username in Japanese said:
    I mean, you do remember that Pokemon on the GB you could barely tell what you were even looking at? So don't say they don't mean much, because they do. Would you play Pokemon if it was the same crap each time? No right? Because that would be boring as heck. Trust me, Pokemon graphics mean something. Just saying.

People play Pokemon because of the graphics? That's hilarious.

With graphics in mind, being on the PS3 or 360, I just can't picture it. When I think of PS3/360, I think of shooters and hardcore graphics. When I think of the Wii, I think of colorful graphics and cell shading. Now, that's not to say there's not either of those on any of those consoles, but can you really picture something like Pokemon being on a non-Nintendo console? It just seems absurd, whether or not rights were given to Sony or Microsoft for the idea.

Years
    I wasn't saying that. Don't put words in my mouth, I get enough of that in real life.

I was saying that people would not play Pokemon for the same graphics over and over and over again. Their has to be some improvement, otherwise it would feel repetitive.

Would you play Black & White if it was actually in black and white, after like say 20-less so years of this franchise?

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    Um, your point is kinda mooted by the fact that they graphics are improving anyway, so we don't need the 360/PS3 to improve them.

Personally, I find all the games on those to have horrific graphics because they're kinda-3D-ish-and-a-bit-realistic-but-not-quite-there.

Neko Keeshi

ub3r l33t n00b
    Years
    You know what I would like? an open ended pokemon game, kinda like Oblivion or Fallout 3(or NV) where there IS a main quest(or storyline) but your not forced to go anywhere.

1) 100% custom chara creation: Sex, Age, Looks, body type ect...
    2) Character classes!(see 4) Trainer, Breeder, ect..
    3) Mainquest / sidequest / hidden(or unlisted) quests and rewards
    4) a main chara leveling system - ie; You control pokemon depending on your level and skills.
    5) Realistic interaction with pokemon and the world around you. Like インフェルノの津波 said, pokemon can do CRAZY things! Lets act like the whole world knows this. Earthquakes, Sandstorms, Hail, Rain Dances, stuff that really effect the enviroment.
    6) Take random events from Fallout3 and turn THAT into your pokemon you encounter. Pokemon do not live in ONLY tall grass! Pokemon can be anywhere, any time. Heck, a wild meowth could run up at you after leaving the pokemon center!

okay, I'm really tired and I saw this and I had to put some of my own info into a new GOOD pokemon game( in my crazy opinion) If you like it, post more ideas :D

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
    Well sweeties, I would explain why explain why I wouldn't want Pokémon on PS3 or 360, but Ninja Caterpie has already explained it for me. XD

So long story short. Graphics != Gameplay, ergo better graphics won't make the game better.

Years
    the graphics dont matter at all to me really if they mad a game for 360/ps3 or pc i just said it would be nice if they were a lil better its all about the gameplay to me

Back