• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon on Wii (vbawii)

Status
Not open for further replies.

eodeth

The guy who pwns... all
Years
  • ok... i used search and there isnt a single thread about what im fixing to say so here goes...

ok im going to tell oyu how to play pokemon ,or gba/gb/gbc games in general, on the wii
    You Must Have An SD Card

1.Get legend of zelda:twilight princess for the wii
    2.Get the twilight hack, and the homebrew channel from wiibrew.org put the boot.elf in the root of the sd card and the twilight hack in the save spot for wherever tp save is
    3.Install the homebrew channel using the twilight hack
    4.get vbawii from wii brew
    5.put vbawii in the x:/ apps folder, the vba wii folder should have the 3 items, boot.dol (elf),icon.png, and data.xml [i believe it says data]
    6. put all the roms that you want in x:/vba/roms, and saves in../saves and (optional) bios is ../bios
    7. Run the homebrew channel and then start up the vbawii
    8. wiimote is supported, you can save only by well saving ingame however its done [for pokemon just well you should know] then press the home button and the screen should come up and prees + to save, - to reset game, and a+b to go back to the homebrew channel

Most of this stuff is explained upon downloading the twilight hack and homebrew channel (there are txt files included thats why)

and last but not least if you are having any problems, need any help, or have a question just ask.

-eodeth

蜃気楼

Jirachi Fan
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    If you are using Wii Homebrew, Nintendo may log it and you will get banned from WiFi

Years
    • it/its
    • Seen Nov 26, 2022
    If you are using Wii Homebrew, Nintendo may log it and you will get banned from WiFi

No. Nintendo may be able to see that you have the Homebrew Channel in your logs (via the Nintendo Channel), but they will not ban you, nor will they brick your Wii or set your pets on fire.

They are banking on the new Wii System Menu v3.3 to lower the amount of people who use the Twilight Hack to pirate software, or who use the FreeLoader for Wii to circumvent region locking (for games like Super Smash Bros. Brawl). The new update blocks the exploit by automatically deleting saved files that match the Twilight Hack ZeldaTP save file.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    I'd rather get my Wii modded than to do this- it costs 50$ CAN to do so and it's actually close to me! Plus, then I can get roms and put them in my Wii using a DVD-4.3 (or DVD-R= it's no difference)

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2010
    Loading doesnt work on any game for me... :(
    I've tried both in-game saving and the emulator way (home,+)
    and once i open up the game again it doesnt load!
    I've got everything right (VBA/ROMS. VBA/SAVES.)
    and i've also tried with and without the bios, renamed as BIOS.GBA (even though its a BIN file)
    Can anyone help me please?
    I've tried everything i can think of...

KhaosKnight

The 1 and only Khaotic Hacker
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2015
    This page right here should explain everything you need to know about installing the Twilight Hack on your wii:
    https://www.wiibrew.org/wiki/Twilight_Hack

This should explain the installation of the homebrew channel:
    https://www.wiibrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_Channel

And this should explain the installation of the VBA on your wii
    https://www.wiibrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_apps/Visual_Boy_Advance

Seriously, the way the TC explained it is just so, blah. I cant even read half of the "sentances". Take caution when Homebrewing, as one wrong move can brick your wii. TC forgot to express that. If you dont know what you are doing then be extra carefull when dealing with homebrew. and you have to have your sd card formated to Fat16/Fat for this stuff to work.

gaiaruler

New Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2015
    Hacking The Wii?

Isn't there another way to get vba on wii without doing any hacking?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back