• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Online mmorpg

Please Vote on a name that you think would best suit this game!?!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MistTribe

Member of the Mist Tribe.
    Years
    Awesmoe game. I got DSL just so I could play this game when its done. I didnt know if a 56k modem would work or not, so wireless DSL ahoy!

Chizzy

Comic coming soon...
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    Can't wait for this to get completed! Is there going to be the chance to open up your own Gym? or to choose what city you start in? Each City could have its own starters...

whitesprite

PTOA Dev Team
    Years
    You could always use entitys (however you spell it),
    that way if a map got full another "Instance" of that map would be created..
    Not sure if you know what im getting at..
    Yep, both Blacksprite & I have talked about this to Geo Logic... we are still thinking how to get the bugs out of it though, i.e: You PM someone "meet me in viridian city" you both go to viridian city and both people are in "different" viridian cities

Can't wait for this to get completed! Is there going to be the chance to open up your own Gym?
    Yes, well sorta. If youve been on Habbo, basically the same thing, you can buy an apartment or warehouse and decorate it as a gym, battle people for prizes or moneys...

or to choose what city you start in? Each City could have its own starters...
    No sorry, our plot wont allow that, for those who dont know, here is the story:
    Blacksprite said:
    Set a few years after ash's sucsess, now the whole world wants a piece of the action and the place to be is..
    Pallet town is now the place for all young trainers to begin their pokemon journey with professor oak and his aides leading your way with 28 diffrent pokemon starters and 150 pokemon to catch, train, breed, farm and travel with you from the peak of mount moon's retreat to your own private boat at sea level.

wount it be a little unfair f an expirenced trainer battled an un-experienced trainer?
    weve already thought of this, pokemon trainers are rated with levels (lv1, lv2 etc.), you can only battle anyone within 2 levels of yourself, making it sorta more fair if someone beats all the gyms and then sits in route 1 waiting for innocent newbies to come along...
    [the above paragraph was extremely long, i cut it down to the basics of the system or else it would take up a page of the thread just by itself]

The Dash

Hurr.
    Years
    whitesprite said:
    Yep, both Blacksprite & I have talked about this to Geo Logic... we are still thinking how to get the bugs out of it though, i.e: You PM someone "meet me in viridian city" you both go to viridian city and both people are in "different" viridian cities

Well, When you're in a instance of a city perhaps you could like..Choose between instances?

Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2023
    With experienced trainers battling newbie trainers couldnt you have it to where they both have to accept if a battle is to commence,so like a message appears saying DO you wish to battle so and so yes or no. And so you know who your fighting you possibly could see there level above there head or something...

whitesprite

PTOA Dev Team
    Years
    well what whitesp said isn't entirely acurate
    what did I say thats not correct?
    wow your game sounds cool
    Thanks, we like it too...
    Well, When you're in a instance of a city perhaps you could like..Choose between instances?
    But then, if everyone chose the same instance, that would defeat the purpose of having more than one instance of the map...
    With experienced trainers battling newbie trainers couldnt you have it to where they both have to accept if a battle is to commence,so like a message appears saying DO you wish to battle so and so yes or no. And so you know who your fighting you possibly could see there level above there head or something...
    We have already implemented something similar to this. We have something called a "verse seeker" (already used in previous pokemon versions, I know, but not the same), this has 2 settings, red (you are requested if you want a battle) and green (if challenged, battle automatically begins), this and the level limitations will both exist.

whitesprite

PTOA Dev Team
    Years
    i wanna sign up for alpha testing.. if there is a close alpha test
    Sorry we are not requesting any alpha testers currently, I/we will PM you if a spot on the testing team becomes available, thank you for your interest in testing PkmnTOA

also; at skool, there has been a great interest in this game with the year 12s (16yrs old), amazing, considering I thought Pokemon was for (no offence) little kids and blacksprite, geo logic, statnio and me were some of the very few of this age which liked the pokemon games, obviously the original storyline brought the "old fans" back to Pokemon...

Blacksprite

The Mad Sprite
    Years
    whitesprite said:
    Sorry we are not requesting any alpha testers currently, I/we will PM you if a spot on the testing team becomes available, thank you for your interest in testing PkmnTOA

also; at skool, there has been a great interest in this game with the year 12s (16yrs old), amazing, considering I thought Pokemon was for (no offence) little kids and blacksprite, geo logic, statnio and me were some of the very few of this age which liked the pokemon games, obviously the original storyline brought the "old fans" back to Pokemon...
    so true!

I'm working a bit more on the game sorting out bugs etc. keep you posted as i go

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2016
    whitesprite, I notice your sig states that you game is 44% done. That is great!

I think you guys should edit the original topic post to include information on what is currently completed etc (for any new readers that wanna see what it's about). It kinda sucks panning through the many pages to find the important details that should be included at the very beginning of the thread.

xMeteorxStriker

Chicken...Gave Me a Bad Coupon
    Years
    i just did same on my sprite thread lol
    blacksprite check it out and u can ask if u want to use anything for ur game and i will say yes lol (only blacksprite has this offer) just click the link on my sig if ur interested

xMeteorxStriker

Chicken...Gave Me a Bad Coupon
    Years
    the game is not complete yet
    its on blacksprites sig see
    ===Completion Status===
    --- Codeing --- 36%
    --- Feature plan --- 90%
    --- Maps --- 10%
    --- Graphics --- 60%
    --- Battle system --- 26%
    --- Story --- 65%