• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Online mmorpg

Please Vote on a name that you think would best suit this game!?!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blacksprite

The Mad Sprite
Years
Not any editors
no where building this from scratch using c++ mainly which calls apon vb.net and a bit of c# for the objects

Yes apartment complex
it had to be this way
magin if everyone started in ash's house.

This really takes part a few years after ash's adventure in the orange island and now everyone whants some of his success and the place to start is pallet town of course with professor oak now leading all young trainers to meet their goals but unfortunatly with so many people needing his attention you might have to deal with his aides

ps few surprises waiting in viridian city

Last edited:

Blacksprite

The Mad Sprite
Years
Here is the Graphical user interface i promised
this is only part of it beacasue i found i didn't like it, give me your opinion

replace " , " with " . "
www,freewebs,com/kayo/screenshot3.PNG

really dont like this doesn't seem professional

also if you would like to jion our development team and make us some realy cool GUI we would love for you to become a full fledged member of our teaam
colors to go for
blue, yellow, grey/blue, and red.

Blacksprite

The Mad Sprite
Years
djvolcom said:
this game looks neat, if its online only if we see other players instead of one
what?
sorry thats a tad confusing
Yes its completly online and yes you do see other players walking around and battling and making poke balls and being part of there own team rocket division

And what does every one think about the name
Pokemon Online
or should we go for somthing else if so any ideas

Blacksprite

The Mad Sprite
Years
yea i never liked the name much but for now the only options are

Pokemon International Challenge. aka pokemon IC
Pokemon Journey
And some other too random ones the development team has come up with

Pokemon active sounds cool
it would be cool beacause link active games made it
it of a link between the names

but i think a really out there name would be cool

Blacksprite

The Mad Sprite
Years
or pokemon active player

hmmm
i dont no needs to be somethin really outstanding and neat
i really need a name so i can by a domain name

and what does anyone think of my last screenshot of the sendgetdata (loading) part
Pictures now on first post

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 29, 2007
Amazing this is great to see someone working on a game using real life programming solutions. This means I expect big things from this project. And people shouldn't expect screenshots right away for programmed games as even in visual basic it's alot harder to just whip out a screenshot than in games using a maker as the systems have to be implemented first.

The Great Saiyaman

Lets heat things up!
Years
  • Seen May 24, 2006
Whoa! Thats pretty cool. You young folk and your computer programs! No really, this game should be a big hit with the fans. I wish you luck in the next stages of the project.

Blacksprite

The Mad Sprite
Years
well acutally im a old pokemon fan
well most of the work min vb has been done all the client/ server connecrtion stuff has been done
but really we need alot theres only 4 people on the team and 2 of them arnt real true pokemon fans and are showing lack of intrest
So my main reason for making the topic was to recruit people to help
mainly graphics
without the theres no way to see if the code worked the way we wanted

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 13, 2007
How about Pokemon Network? Or Pokemon Net?
I can't wait for this to come out! I'll be playing straight away, YOU WILL FINISH THIS! Its not gonna be like Pokemon Crator is it, having to re-load every step you take, is it?

Blacksprite

The Mad Sprite
Years
Again never played pokemon crator
but everyones talking about it
Um well so far in order to have less lag time theres a new "map" every 30 by 30 square but you wont know this as we have scrolling maps now and all the maps you download with the client so minimal lag

we tried this
my mate was on an oldish computer that has been playing up 56 kb modem and he said that his person didn't lag at all but every now an then some people would apear to jump alittle
server is on a 3.5mb/s connection with unlimited bandwich 3.82gHz prossesor and 2gig's ram

oh and i love the names (rather shocked i didn't think of this)
Pokemon.net

sounds cool
it could be short for pokemon network or its could be a name on its own
let me know what you think people

oh and broken wings how would you like to work with us? (no dental plan but we do have good rsi cover)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 29, 2007
Well I could help but only as a coder and not a spriter which I'm not sure you need. I know a fair amount of VB6 but I dunno about .NET and how the hard the transition would be. I'm not even that good with VB6 but if you ever did need me for something just call.

PS: What graphics libary are you using for this game (I assumer directX because of it's bindings with .NET)?

PSS. Pokemon.net sounds cool.

DarkPegasus

~ Stargazer ~
Years
BrokenWings said:
How about Pokemon Network? Or Pokemon Net?
I can't wait for this to come out! I'll be playing straight away, YOU WILL FINISH THIS! Its not gonna be like Pokemon Crator is it, having to re-load every step you take, is it?

You did mean crater right? And crater uses html or php code... Definitely not C+... So I guess no...

Anyhow I like the screens you showed, I really hope you get to finishing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back