• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Online mmorpg

Please Vote on a name that you think would best suit this game!?!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tbone2356

Time keeps on tickin' by
Years
  • Release....

also, you can become a "Gym Leader", just not officially... you can buy a warehouse, apartment or farm and the other ppls challenge you for prizes etc...

Wow That Sounds Awsome...Keep Up Teh Good Work...

A Little Far Into The Future But If You Guys Become Really Succsessful And Are Deciding To Add Johto I Can Help Alot Because I Make Awsome Johto Map Revamps..

Hmmm...I May Apply For A Job As A Mapper On Your Site If You Guys Are Still Accepting Any....

Well I Cant Wait For This Game To Release (But I Can If I Need Too..)

whitesprite

PTOA Dev Team
    Years
  • Just, before I point this out: PLEASE before posting here, read the first, and the most recent two pages. otherwise I'll get really annoyed.

NOTE: the below statement is not meant to be offensive to HackMaster72

This game is still in production

Now I shall carry on with my normal extremely long post...

also, you can become a "Gym Leader", just not officially... you can buy a warehouse, apartment or farm and the other ppls challenge you for prizes etc...

Wow That Sounds Awsome...Keep Up Teh Good Work...

A Little Far Into The Future But If You Guys Become Really Succsessful And Are Deciding To Add Johto I Can Help Alot Because I Make Awsome Johto Map Revamps..

Hmmm...I May Apply For A Job As A Mapper On Your Site If You Guys Are Still Accepting Any....

Well I Cant Wait For This Game To Release (But I Can If I Need Too..)

We are planning (if this game takes off, which with a quick look at the poll, we have 236 prospective players) we will build the orange islands, then Johto. but this will be a while away, but we will keep you in mind if we do decide to make Johto...

Also, we are not currently looking for mappers (We havent EVER looked for them) but when we get to the stage when we need mappers, we may contact you.

Wow! This looks AWESOME! Can't wait for the release, and if you need any sprite help, let me know, I can do quite a bit with pixels XD

We may contact you in the near future...
    PM me if you can do any of:
    • PokéMon Fronts
    • PokéMon Backs
    • Trainer Fronts
    • Trainer Backs

Also, to HackMaster72 and others who "are itching to play this", signup to our forum, we will PM everyone there when the release is near... the link is on the website or in my sig.

NOTE: Also, if you have noticed that we keep saying that we are doing loads for the game, but the percentage isnt rising, it is just because we only change the percentage when we finish a part of the game, not during the development of part of the game.

Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2010
    Hey, as long as

1. They are mulit-player
    2. They don't have bad graphics like in B/R/Y and not so good as in S/G/C
    3. It works

You'll have people queing up to play it.

Naas02

Cerulean cool trainer
    Years
    • Age 39
    • Seen Jul 13, 2007
    RBY graphics might work, in fact an option not many have considered when making a mmorpg is to start out with the basic R/B/Y graphics and engine then release updates in the same order Nintendo did. Im more than sure it doesnt have to be D/P or even Ru/Sa updated to be a hit

whitesprite

PTOA Dev Team
    Years
  • Hey, as long as

1. They are mulit-player
    2. They don't have bad graphics like in B/R/Y and not so good as in S/G/C
    3. It works

You'll have people queing up to play it

1. Yes it is
    2. It has graphics of FR/LG
    3. well... it will work

we hope so, thanks for your support for PTOA

RBY graphics might work, in fact an option not many have considered when making a mmorpg is to start out with the basic R/B/Y graphics and engine then release updates in the same order Nintendo did. Im more than sure it doesnt have to be D/P or even Ru/Sa updated to be a hit

I think it would be easier to just make the game in just FR/LG graphics rather than doing the "same" graphics more than twice, we may update the graphics when pkmn comes out on DS, but that is a big MAYBE.

whitesprite

PTOA Dev Team
    Years
  • according to blacksprites post (^), I think that there is probably a probability of 0.000000000001 that we will upgrade graphics to the new pkmn graphics (on DS)...

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2009
    The only reason being that you guy's don't like 'em? I personally disliked them at first but then I saw them in action on the video's for D/P and I LOVED them.

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2009
    Blacksprite said:
    sorry i forgot somthing
    whos making the game?

personally i think that it entitles me to some sort of right to choose & of my opinion.
    Uh I didn't mean it that way, I just meant that you didn't want to actually do any 3D engine work at all 'cause you could just rip the tiles and make a few adjustments to the engine so it looks just like the game. xD

I didn't mean it that way so don't get snippy.

Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2010
    I personally don't like the 3D Engine. Makes it look a bit too wierd for a pokemon game. *shudder*

whitesprite

PTOA Dev Team
    Years
  • DeathChill said:
    Uh I didn't mean it that way, I just meant that you didn't want to actually do any 3D engine work at all 'cause you could just rip the tiles and make a few adjustments to the engine so it looks just like the game. xD

I didn't mean it that way so don't get snippy.

1st - We dont "rip" tiles. We have made all graphics in this game based on the tiles in Pokemon.
    GBA graphics were lacking in 2 aspects we needed to make this game for computers,
    1 - tiles/characters too small, PTOA's graphics are twice the size of any of the pokemon games.
    2 - not enriched enough with colour, GBAs dont have that great colour capabilities (compared to computers, anyways) so their games arent made with great colour either

2nd - We dont want to do any 3D engine work, because of two reasons;
    1 - it strays from the look that all pokemon games have been so far (official anyways) some people have already agreed with us on this point:
    Garethp said:
    I personally don't like the 3D Engine. Makes it look a bit too wierd for a pokemon game. *shudder*
    2 - because neither blacksprite or I want to edit the game engine or graphics after release just so it looks like the latest pokemon game.

BuoyselLover said:
    Sorry if I shouldn't ask, but can we maybe see some screenies soon?

Not directed to you especially, but to everyone who wants visable results:

We have not done any work on the game visually recently. Blacksprite has been working on the battle system furiously recently and Geo Logic, I'm not sure; either he's working on the battle system too or starting on player housing. Me & KoG, sprite input. Rob, rules (it sounds easier than it actually is).

We may have some screenies soon, but dont hold your breath...

Blacksprite

The Mad Sprite
    Years
  • well i will try to get some screenies soon.
    theres just so much work that needs to be done
    ive just added in the whole "You can only battle people with the same number of badges as you"
    thingymajig. ive also added the overall saving of you and your pokemon.
    next i want to added in battle system update packages.
    fix my whole experience growth rate (no idea what i was thinking there)
    the whole end turn stuff needs to be looked at

thats my short term goals
    the rest is a big list
    then i will work on some graphics to display
    then i will probably make some new screen shots

Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2010
    I have a suggestion, make an over all level so that people can find other people closer to their calabir or however you spell it. I wouldn't mind being a Police but...well I tried to e-mail you guys but I got the PostMaster reply...Maybe a gym leader...or just an innocent bystander...or anyone who plays the game really. But I would still really like to be a Police. Another suggestion. Make the game so that you can load you Pokemon from the SaveGame of the emulators.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back