• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Online mmorpg

Please Vote on a name that you think would best suit this game!?!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2006
    Agreed, people expect the game to perfect in it's first incarnation - Chill. ;O

What other GUI elements need to be done Blacksprite? Can you let me know, including details and such? Also, I haven't displayed any of my work so I just took the dimensions of the splash screen found in the first post and made my own version -

Pokemon Online mmorpg

You and the other guys can decide if I'll be able to bring something worthwhile to the project.

b0bl3

teach me anything you want
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2010
    looks cool i think alot of people will like it but the maps still look a little empty, but il be judging for you guys!

Blacksprite

The Mad Sprite
    Years
    the maps still look a little empty,

first thoose are old maps from the begining of the project
    second mmo maps are diffrent to single play there has to be enough room to move in with 80 or more ppl on one map, so that makes them quite gard to map
    then you have to make sure that there is no choke points
    But i have to agree thoose screens shots are nasty
    mapping is going to take along time to finish and to make them look good
    but were nopt focused on that now

ofcourse the obvios solution if you dont like them
    when we start highering mapps apply to be one

Last edited:

Blaziken_Boy

Back for now
    Years
    Hmm.... What if someone walks into the same square as someone else? I'd hate to see 2 sprites stuck in the same square.

And that Online Adventures loading screen is the coolzerest.

Oh, I thought the Poke symbol was a P with a line through it....

Are there gonna be legendaries? Maybe you can make an event where everyone that posted in this gets a chance to meet a legendary Pokemon, and before they do they get an Ultraball. Also, if the person had an L70 Pokemon, they'd meet an L70 legendary. If they were L5, they would meet an L5. And so on and so on.

I suggest that if 2 sprites get stuck, when someone hits a key pointing in a free square, they spin around to that square. Just an idea. It's better than seeing 2 people turning like crazy trying to get out of each other.

Oh, can you give us a status report, BSP? Also, how do I become a mapper?

Naas02

Cerulean cool trainer
    Years
    • Age 39
    • Seen Jul 13, 2007
    ^^^^How about they just program your character with 6 Mewtwos and give you banning power as well why settle for less?

Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2010
    Hey, change the Yen to $ will ya, I hate any other currency that is not decimal/$. He won't turn back, I know him too well. Image you striving for the one thing that you beleive will be the best thing you have ever done, something you want more than anything else... can you imagine yourself turning back?

We could use more of you volenteering, but I would like it if you didn't volenteer doing the same thing I am, I like to do this, it may be boring, but it beats holiday boredom. Man, if I didn't have this job I would be soo bored. *Gets a tie from a shop and makes a noose around his neck* I'd want to do that but I would never do it XD

I assume that I speak for everyone working on this when I say that all suggestions for the final release are open for consideration. If I am wrong, so be it, it isn't really my place to say so anyway I just feel that BlackSprite agrees with me here. Anyway, we are all hyped up, and man, I feel weird refering to 'us' as a group/team I am in... whatever :D

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2006
    I got the PM Blacksprite. I'm redoing that second GUI screen now (pretty mucg done) and I'll start work on the rest. I'm particulary interested in starting on the Pokedex/PokeGear should be fun.

Blacksprite

The Mad Sprite
    Years
    I suggest that if 2 sprites get stuck, when someone hits a key pointing in a free square, they spin around to that square. Just an idea. It's better than seeing 2 people turning like crazy trying to get out of each other.

Where did you get this from who said they can ocupy the same square and who said that if they do the spin around on the same spot

Neither of which is true
    the server checks all movement before the movement takes place

you guys underestermate me

and im not changing it from YEN
    i like how the gba games do it

alright update lets see *looks at todo list*

Move calculations are done
    Pokemon incl enemys pokemon are i nthe datatbase
    Move are on the way they will be ful limplimented by thursday
    Status effects are inputed
    The itemeditor is awaiting iems
    Using items in bttle im doing tomo
    the pokedex is complete (ecept it has no gfx) working on that
    Pokemn center healling is finished
    my jail system is done

thats all the stuf on my current to do list thats done or near done

items will most likely not feature in the ucomming battle system test as i have to completely rewirte the invetory sub

so thats what ive done

to becme a mapper apply when i anouce were looking for them
    (requires training)

Blaziken_Boy

Back for now
    Years
    About the walking and sprites being stuck, I meant for just where new people start. And, I was just checking the movement. How will the apartments work since about 100 people are gonna play this game at the start? Just wondering, since it'd look weird to have 100 rooms in a 2-story apartment. o_o

I know I'll be a mapper...unless it costs anything other than my time...or even my mental health...I wil be a mapper! Of course, I gotta wait till

Moves are completed,
    All items are put in,
    Using items in battle is possible and
    The dex has its gfx.

Wow, not much stuff left. BSP, you've got to let off downloading ANYTHING. You don't want a virus crushing all this work.

I'm gonna study the Viridian City map... Oh, but who shall do the Gym map, and won't the mappers get in on the secret about who the 8th gymleader is? And, I think we're about

56% complete!

Last edited:

Shadez

-
    Years
    maybe its a dumb question but will there be hm's in it and are you using the orginal hm's or are you going to do some new

and if you use fly or something wouldn't it be cool if you really saw you flying because that's one of the few things i hated about the orginal games that you can't see yourself flying and if you do it that you see yourself flying you can use it as a loading screen or something if its needed

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2006
    I find it silly how someone can ask for something trivial like a flying screen animation when Blacksprite is busy creating a Pokemon MMORPG. That right there is all the amazement and wow you need.

The games coming along nicely. I'll have alot of the graphical work up this week, so keep your eyes up. ;O

Years
    Wow, im impressed, I didnt think this game would stick, but I guess I was wrong. Anyway, if ya want, I could apply for mapping, but im kind of busy as it is with my own game, but I would be glad to contribute something to this soon-to-be-great game. Also, if you ever get the chance, try out the game Tibia, its a free mmorpg, and the graphics are really good for 2d, and it moves tile to tile like your game, just saying you could get reference from that game, as it is really fun, and over 80,000 people play it.

Anyhoo, thats just my two cents for the day, and I hope this project becomes something one day. Good luck.

Blacksprite

The Mad Sprite
    Years
    About the walking and sprites being stuck, I meant for just where new people start. And, I was just checking the movement. How will the apartments work since about 100 people are gonna play this game at the start? o_o
    I even if 100 people spawn on top of you you cans till move off that square/tile
    unkess your surrounded blocks

as for 100 rooms they are instance based, they are instance based and its 4 stories high

Most of the original HMs will be there
    although some maybe removed ie cut
    or flash maybey more difficult

Blaziken_Boy

Back for now
    Years
    You'd need to make an animation for a few things like Dig. For Fly you can just use the big blue orb gets you to wherever animation. And, you don't need to make 2 more regions if there's popular demand, just take the Pokemon and put them in the game. Oh, a few questions:

Are all starters 3-evo starters?
    How will you show that someone's battling a wild pokemon/trainer? (I meant wild Pokemon or just trainer, not wild trainer. :\ )
    Will any of the beta tests be with online capabilities?

*idea* How about we make a small town that has absolutely nothing to do with Kanto, but be a chatroom for mappers/game developers? Then everyone making the game will get to see what the game looks like outside the pictures, and provide a good place for discussing what we'll do next.

Shadez

-
    Years
    how did you learn to program like that
    and i got a cool idea maybe make a option that you can make your own gym from your house or something

off topic: did anyone notice that the christmas logo says 2005

Blacksprite

The Mad Sprite
    Years
    And, you don't need to make 2 more regions if there's popular demand, just take the Pokemon and put them in the game. Oh, a few questions:

""just take the Pokemon and put them in the game.""
    Are all starters 3-evo starters?
    Spoiler:

maybe the starters are 3 evo maybe they're not

How will you show that someone's battling a wild pokemon/trainer? (I meant wild Pokemon or just trainer, not wild trainer. :\ )
    Most people with half a brain should be able to tell the difference i hope

Will any of the beta tests be with online capabilities?
    What the whole thing is online it doesnt work without it being online

*idea* How about we make a small town that has absolutely nothing to do with Kanto, but be a chatroom for mappers/game developers?
    We call it the moderators lounge

Then everyone making the game will get to see what the game looks like outside the pictures, and provide a good place for discussing what we'll do next.
    they already do

how did you learn to program like that
    and i got a cool idea maybe make a option that you can make your own gym from your house or something

off topic: did anyone notice that the christmas logo says 2005
    its on our todo list already

Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2016
    Your website needs paying btw. That or your host....

Yea lol I saw the 2005 thingo too

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back