• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Online mmorpg

Please Vote on a name that you think would best suit this game!?!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2010
    Dude. They don't make hard disk's with space less than 40 GB! And RAM is speed. I only have 512. But 2 GB woul be fast

Jesus Freak Josh

In my mind's eye, I see You...
    Years
  • Dude. They don't make hard disk's with space less than 40 GB! And RAM is speed. I only have 512. But 2 GB woul be fast
    Actually I have a 2 gig harddisk in my laptop and I used to use an 8 gig in my old PC (Which I had until last year).

2 gigs of RAM is way more than people need and I believe the CPU is what makes the majority of speed. RAM does factor in it though.

EDIT: Thought about booting Debian or some other Linux distro as a server?

Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2010
    Yeh. I read about them today. But 2 Gig of Hard Drive? Wow that is some small computer!

whitesprite

PTOA Dev Team
    Years
  • Hey, well for some reason, my last post... well, didn't post...

Good point. I ment better painters as in you said that your painters dropped your computer XD! Can I pretty pretty pretty please be an Alpha tester? If you get the home computer with say 2GB of RAM and 200 GB Hard Drive, wouldn't it be good enough?

Yeah, Blksprt's painters were pretty careless... good paint job though... (at least) well, they're finished, now we only have to watch out for builders, electricians, carpet layers, wallpaperers (is that a word?) etc...

Your name has been added to my ever-growing list of Alpha Testers.

Current and prospective Alpha Testers, please note:

We will only be accepting Alpha Testers which are signed up in our forum (link in my sig) this is because we can add you all to a group and mass email/PM you about where to get a testing client. If you are already signed up, please PM me your PTOA forums Username.
    -------------

Yes, we currently are using a computer with 80GB HDD and 512MB RAM. It can (just) handle it, so possibly we could get a computer (like blksprt's new one) with 300GB HDD and 2GB RAM...

2 gigs of RAM is way more than people need and I believe the CPU is what makes the majority of speed. RAM does factor in it though.

Yes, RAM does factor in, as if the RAM keeps filling up, the CPU will not be working to its capacity. Also, 2GB RAM is probably what we would be focussing on as we dont want the game to slow down as more and more users are online.

Thought about booting Debian or some other Linux distro as a server?

Well, we would like to, but we have to use windows server 2003 or windows XP for our (very fast) data transfer, so that kinda stuffs that idea.

and before I finish, these people are currently signed up to be testers, please PM me your PTOA forums username if you wish to be kept on our list.

Angle-san
    Berino
    Dardanel
    Dashiel
    Garethp
    H3LIK1LI3r
    Kasumi_chan
    Nionel
    Nyght001
    theotherfreakyguy
    UnseenIdiot
    waterboy

Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2010
    Please I just read the PM, I want to stay on! I know it is 19th of September, but please? I only got the PM today...

miniandrewmini

Eccentric Otaku
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 31, 2021
    i wanna be beta tester please, will describe in depth qualifications etc, when you PM me. thank you. (excuse my grammar---its not my strong point.)

Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2008
    this isnt technically the first pokemon mmo. theres pokemon online and pokemon den of ages. if you dont believe me check this out. www.pokemonol.net . thats pokemon online and i would like to be a beta tester too!! :)

ArmchairRomeo

Aura Master
    Years
  • I could beta test too. I've been looking for a decent Pokemon MMO for quite some time now. I tried Pokemon Online, but it didn't work and the game was too unlike an actual Pokemon game. This one looks like it accurately replicates the look and feel of the GBA Pokemon games. This is exactly what I've been looking for.

Blacksprite

The Mad Sprite
    Years
  • First holy moly i actually managed to get onto this site,

second what download? im confused
    3rd white i so no u shouldnt have posted the beta list as ppl asking to be one filled my pm inbox and used an entire page in the topic

well u probably wondering were ive been and no we havent gien up on the game not by far,
    exams slowed me down abit
    and a new computer meant i had to gather all my files etc. and then i had to get the game to work again find all the missing dlls i missed etc.

but im still working on it, i will hopefully have a nice little little little demo out, cant promis it will be much, battle system is functional but i have a feeling there are some bugs, how soon will depend on how im feeling and how much i can be bothered coding on a day to day basis. but ive configured a few things and the server looks good if only the internet connection held strong.
    -_-
    it seems that they are having problems and for some reason my ip is no longer static, for thoose who understand the diffrence between static and dynamic ips u know the problems that going to cause, for thoose who dont it may mean some time su will be able to play and some times you wotn which is going to make finding bugs difficult to filter outt between random ip changes.

well now i can get back onto poke comunity i hope to post more but who nos if this post will even get through or if i'll even get back here again

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back