• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Online mmorpg

Please Vote on a name that you think would best suit this game!?!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

whitesprite

PTOA Dev Team
    Years
    Umm no I was just trying to compliment. I was just saying things are moving along fast. By soon I don't mean like very soon. I mean it's going to happen! Jeez! Bite my head off! Next time I wont bother commenting.

The reason he bit your head off is probably mostly todo with stress. Him not being able to get something to work, me not even doing my work and trying to have a conversation with him that is completely off topic.
    Just so you know blacksp, i did see you lock the door and hide just as i arrived...

Ok i cant belive i havent added this to the first post
    There will be only ONE region in the first release
    Please serach the thread first
    lol, using my styles... it does work though... until the thread moves onto the next page

But what happens if more than one person wants to battle the gym leader, do they have to wait or they just do it?
    search the thread, you will find that highly congested places, such as gyms maps are instance based, when you enter the gym, you will be the only on the map

lol, i spent 10 mins trying to figure what that was, i thought it was the English spelling of a Chinese word...

and thanks for the donation by the way...

Blacksprite

The Mad Sprite
    Years
    I think the only thing which is going to stop this game from being release is access to a dedicated server with a decent internet connection and a static ip
    beacause i dont think anyone is going to want to player a game that laggs badly or periodically disconnects
    Other than that the game is going good im working today on the pokemart interface

Blaziken_Boy

Back for now
    Years
    I think the only thing which is going to stop this game from being release is access to a dedicated server with a decent internet connection and a static ip
    beacause i dont think anyone is going to want to player a game that laggs badly or periodically disconnects
    Other than that the game is going good im working today on the pokemart interface

If anyone's played Silk Road Online, then they'll know what a crowded server is. You can't get on. Why? One reason-Bots. People run programs to play games while the real person is doing something else and powerlevel and take server space. Lucky you're making police, so you can kick bots and AFKs off. By AFKs I mean people gone for around 20 hours. If they're gone that long, obviously they're not coming back anytime soon, and if they do, they can just log back on.

Tell me if I got this wrong-The game's 1st release is on the 28th or 15th. I beleive I got it super wrong.

Vampire://Krimm

→ clocks everywhere →
    Years
    First of all, I believe a more original name for this would be "Poke'Pals Connected" and second of all, it looks quite decent, though some work on the Police Station would be in good use

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
    pokepals... gross. i plan on making no friends throughout my Pokemon Journey and destroying all that come in my path... yeah right, but the whole pal thing ain't my thing and i bet isn't something a lot of people would identify with considering the competitiveness that usually occurs over online gaming.

above that, people will be able to make their own little clans and clubs ( at least not yet through the server and the game specs, but in your own "notepad to forum board" ways), so feel free to call your little group the "PokePals" or w/e else you desire. i think the WIP name, Pokemon The Online Adventures (TOA), is perfectly fine and fitting. plus, i don't want to have to redo a lot of the GUI XDD

whitesprite

PTOA Dev Team
    Years
    pokepals... gross. i plan on making no friends throughout my Pokemon Journey and destroying all that come in my path... yeah right, but the whole pal thing ain't my thing and i bet isn't something a lot of people would identify with considering the competitiveness that usually occurs over online gaming.

above that, people will be able to make their own little clans and clubs ( at least not yet through the server and the game specs, but in your own "notepad to forum board" ways), so feel free to call your little group the "PokePals" or w/e else you desire. i think the WIP name, Pokemon The Online Adventures (TOA), is perfectly fine and fitting. plus, i don't want to have to redo a lot of the GUI XDD

I agree that "PokePals Connected" is a little young for us, but for little kids, it would probably be the best name for the game... but then again, we are in our late teens and still pokemon fans... lol

The Name is Pokemon: The Online Adventures

please can we not have any more ideas for names for this game, the name has been chosen. anyways, samson im guessing doesnt want to redo every GUI that has our name on it, hes already had to do that once...

If you really want to be pokepals, you can create a *cant remember name* and when player housing is included, you can buy a house and make a pokepals base...

Last edited:

Blacksprite

The Mad Sprite
    Years
    Tell me if I got this wrong-The game's 1st release is on the 28th or 15th. I beleive I got it super wrong.

Find me the post where i said that there was a release?
    and people cant be afk for 20 hours the server will log them out after 20 mins of inactivity
    Poke'Pals Connected
    Thanks for the suggestion but it sounds a little odd
    specially seeing as 17 year old is making the games for 7 year olds to play with a name like pokepals some parents may feel a little uneasy

i don't want to have to redo a lot of the GUI XDD
    I bet you dont
    you can buy a house and make a pokepals base...
    Im having nightmares about this already
    Clubs and bases are going to pop up all over the show
    hmm it should be good with the guild system im thinking of implimenting
    then people can open up bases everywhere and if that group gets good enough they will have one in each town or however they want it to go

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
    well, if you hadn't noticed, Bsp, there's still room for ONE more button on the main button menu on the gameplay window, so if guild/club comes up, i'm perfectly fine with implementing it into there, and also, if necessary, doing a GUI for creating one and what not. lemme know.

Blacksprite

The Mad Sprite
    Years
    I'll let you know of any change
    Today im still working on the pokemart im just adding some security sequences and just genral security practices now this will stop people being able to get item for more or less that than what they cost or more than whats avalable or items which arnt avalable

Naas02

Cerulean cool trainer
    Years
    • Age 39
    • Seen Jul 13, 2007
    ^^^dont forget about me now I dont know how far you are but I would sure like to make sure people dont just run over the gym leaders and elite 4, matter fact.....Ill just make teams for gym leaders and npcs I do that like a hobby anyway if you want'em takem. Oh yeah and yall are gonna be heroes, the community has been waiting for the better half of 5-10 years now Im prooud to be a part of this thread! :pirate:

Blacksprite

The Mad Sprite
    Years
    ^^^dont forget about me now I dont know how far you are but I would sure like to make sure people dont just run over the gym leaders and elite 4, matter fact.....Ill just make teams for gym leaders and npcs I do that like a hobby anyway if you want'em takem. Oh yeah and yall are gonna be heroes, the community has been waiting for the better half of 5-10 years now Im prooud to be a part of this thread! :pirate:

We look to be set with gym leaders but perhaps we could use your help when we reach npc battles
    Meanwhile im going to be reviewing blt functions as im not happy with certian systems
    Im on a bit of a buzz aftermy exam results came back
    so im going to finish up the shop system tonight the reason why it has taken so long is the fact that i had to custom make more graphics than i had thought which slowed coding progress

Update:
    Shop interface complete
    now adding server side response

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2016
    Yea sorry about my outburst was a tad stressed. Too much stuff happening for one mind to handle. So looking good! Hmm theres only so much one can say.

Looks like everyone is a bit stressed at the moment.
    Hmm recent stuff with me? Going to see the Australian Open in Melbourne on Saturday. Visit my sister. All good! Can't wait to get out of Tasmania. There is only so much you can do in such a small hole. Ok I don't give it as much credit as it deserves. For one I plan to live here. It's actually really great. Nice small city - Hobart. Hmm. Ok I'm way off topic and no-one here knows where Tasmania is or what it is. Google it! :) Keep on going

yaya!

whitesprite

PTOA Dev Team
    Years
    My last post didnt go through!:surprised:

Sprite Input: 100%

YAY! thats finally over!..

I know, that took about 9mths too long

What am i doing now?:
    • The thing in the installer that everyone clicks "agree" without reading even though it says that you should read it in its entirety, and if you read it, it takes like 3/4hr to read half of it and by that time you give up and click "agree" anyway. [i dunno why i didnt just say the "installer agreement"]
    • Rules
    • Parents Guide (the thing you show your caring parents to show that the game is safe and that you wont pick up swear words, racist terms and you wont go to see a person you met on PTOA)
    • Swear Filter (including swear words [F], racist terms [N], sexist terms , email addresses and phone numbers [except your ingame cellphone no.])
      [*]Ref sheet for mods when to kick, ban, jail, permban, etc.
      [*]Safety tips for playing PTOA (because we care about your safety)

*In the swear Filter, the letters inside [] are the beginning letter of an example of each

OFFTOPIC:
    no-one here knows where Tasmania is or what it is
    probably loads more people know where tasmania is than Aotearoa... although Aotearoa is better than Australia... but we wont get into that

Blacksprite

The Mad Sprite
    Years
    My last post didnt go through!:surprised:
    • The thing in the installer that everyone clicks "agree" without reading even though it says that you should read it in its entirety, and if you read it, it takes like 3/4hr to read half of it and by that time you give up and click "agree" anyway. [i dunno why i didnt just say the "installer agreement"]
    • Rules
    • Parents Guide (the thing you show your caring parents to show that the game is safe and that you wont pick up swear words, racist terms and you wont go to see a person you met on PTOA)
    • Swear Filter (including swear words [F], racist terms [N], sexist terms , email addresses and phone numbers [except your ingame cellphone no.])
      [*]Ref sheet for mods when to kick, ban, jail, permban, etc.
      [*]Safety tips for playing PTOA (because we care about your safety)

Oh no dont think your getting of that easy, i have a bunch more work for you to do
    Meanwhile in my darkened basment
    Im joking i dont live or work in a basement or anywhere thats dark

Im just going to do i quick debug and bug check of all the things ive put in since i last bug checked

may take up to 1 full day to complete this
    however i am ging to be away for 2 days attrending a familiy matter so i wont get all of it done today before i have to leave

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2009
    wow this is the first time iv come on here and there havent been any new posts in this thread
    iv been following this since i joined here, just neve thought to post
    all i can say is this looks amazing
    there arent many screens but this sounds a lot better than other games, and uv come alot further than any other pokemon online game
    i cant wait
    but ill have to so yea

Blaziken_Boy

Back for now
    Years
    ok, looking good. Anyways, in my little corner, (Rly), I feel like a coder. I type a lot and that's why.

My resolution for the new year I never mentioned:
    Spoiler:

I'd like to see how the game's going (for example, pick up 5 pounds of screenshots of everything and gimme em).

Blacksprite

The Mad Sprite
    Years
    well i can give you screen shots of pokemon storage system but like i said previosly i had to delet al lthe maps
    and so we havent or will not make any maps untill near the end of making the game

Eco Wu1f

<- Hey look, it's me! =]
    Years
    I dont think you fully understand how amazing this would be to get up and running o.o
    I would... well... heh, use your imagination! (nothing profane GOD!) =]

Naas02

Cerulean cool trainer
    Years
    • Age 39
    • Seen Jul 13, 2007
    ^^^right? I still dont understand why so many mmo's have failed in the past, it looks like this dev team just flew passed the parts that killed every other one, Im excited about this project because Ive been waiting for one since the notion of a mmo was FIRST introduced to the pokemon community

Blacksprite

The Mad Sprite
    Years
    Pokemoarts and other shops are now avalable
    it was actually simpler than i thought it would be

i added a few saftey systems in with it too
    i wasnt able to finish it in the last 2days as i was attending a funeral out of town
    but there wasnt much left on that system to do

Last edited by a moderator:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back