• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Online mmorpg

Please Vote on a name that you think would best suit this game!?!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
    speaking of which...

how will hosting for the demo release work? will there be a sit limit of users who can actually access the server for the demo?

Blacksprite

The Mad Sprite
    Years
    speaking of which...

how will hosting for the demo release work? will there be a sit limit of users who can actually access the server for the demo?

most likely it would be unwise to overload the server but we still wish to test the server to its limits
    i have created a log system to log all server activities and notify me immediately of any problems which may occur
    but we will most likely slowly increase the limit.
    my to do list has a system on it to radically increase the user capacity

this will most likely happen in public beta testing
    alpha testing is strictly Dev team only

still quite a bit to happen before the alpha test

Update
    441 sprites (all the sprites are in)
    white fixed the last error but found some more
    I'm watching his progress now and it looks like slow work
    but he will get them done

Last edited:

Naas02

Cerulean cool trainer
    Years
    • Age 39
    • Seen Jul 13, 2007
    Dont get bent outta shape, I dont think its possible for everything to go right the first time through

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
    I concur, mistakes will always be made, it's one of lifes inevitabilities. Nobody's perfect, afterall. The important thing is that the error was spotted and is in the process of being rectified. That's all you can ask for of anyone who makes a mistake.

Samson

Years
    does it have something to do with the trainer sprite size limititation? i remember you saying something about them being 32x64... which has gotta be quite a challenge to fit all the variations of trainer sprites in that width...

well, if whitesprite needs any help with anything, be sure to let him know i'm all for it.

Blacksprite

The Mad Sprite
    Years
    Don't get bent outta shape, I don't think its possible for everything to go right the first time through

No its not, trust me. those sprites have been giving whitesprite trouble for the last 2 weeks
    Although whitesp if you didn't put off doing them for a year XD, mind you i would have too!

I concur, mistakes will always be made, it's one of life's inevitabilities. Nobody's perfect, after all. The important thing is that the error was spotted and is in the process of being rectified. That's all you can ask for of anyone who makes a mistake.

I think whitesprite cant wait to be rid of them, its a horrible job

does it have something to do with the trainer sprite size limitation? i remember you saying something about them being 32x64... which has gotta be quite a challenge to fit all the variations of trainer sprites in that width...

well, if whitesprite needs any help with anything, be sure to let him know I'm all for it.

32*64 per sprite
    the GBA games are 16*32
    the sprites file alone is approx. 44.8MB
    PNG is only good for making small files smaller
    anything bigger than 20mbs its the same as BMP

ShadowElliot

Wooper
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 17, 2022
    Battles

How about the battles?
    Will they do the same in the GBA games or will it be a pop-up thing that has attack movement or just click and hit?

And also in trainer battles, pop-up or as in GBA, come and put out the pokeball?

ShadowElliot

Wooper
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 17, 2022
    For KANTO, will there be events such as lengendary pokemon coming out, will they be wild (i doubt it), or will they be hidden and after a few hours, they will come out again?

Naas02

Cerulean cool trainer
    Years
    • Age 39
    • Seen Jul 13, 2007
    It would be nice to have to HUNT the legendaries you know, it would just be somethimg else to do besides capture, train and battle

whitesprite

PTOA Dev Team
    Years
    Update
    441 sprites (all the sprites are in)
    white fixed the last error but found some more
    I'm watching his progress now and it looks like slow work
    but he will get them done

yeah it takes approx 20 minutes to do simple sprites (ones that dont take up the whole 32 pixels across) and about an hour to do harder ones (ones that take the whole 32 pixels up) so it is extremely long slow work... just to finish it has taken me more than 36 hours, so i could have had it done in a week if i had worked on it like a full time job...

Dont get bent outta shape, I dont think its possible for everything to go right the first time through

it did go well the first time... but when i overlaid the template, thats when the problems started...

does it have something to do with the trainer sprite size limititation? i remember you saying something about them being 32x64... which has gotta be quite a challenge to fit all the variations of trainer sprites in that width...

well, if whitesprite needs any help with anything, be sure to let him know i'm all for it.

No it has nothing todo with the 32x64 sizing, it has todo with fat people being misaligned as it is nearly impossible to align them properly with the template, they nearly always get a pixel off (this is small, but makes a line appear in another character) so really it has todo with me trying to do the fat people too fast...

and thx for the offer buy no, i think it would be easier if i struggled through the 70-80 sprites that are stuffed up by myself...

harrymage

Banned
    Years
    • Seen May 14, 2013
    hey i know im new to the posting thing but i just want to say that th game looks super.
    oh and i know its not possible but wondnt it be cool to actully own a moving company in the game youd get so rich fast lol

Blaziken_Boy

Back for now
    Years
    For KANTO, will there be events such as lengendary pokemon coming out, will they be wild (i doubt it), or will they be hidden and after a few hours, they will come out again?

The legendaries will be owned by a few people, that when defeated, the winner hands over the legendary (I think.....)

I don't know if you said you did before, but did you finish evolving? I have to get off soon, so I can't look back.

Samson

Years
    The legendaries will be owned by a few people, that when defeated, the winner hands over the legendary (I think.....)

I don't know if you said you did before, but did you finish evolving? I have to get off soon, so I can't look back.

no that was just my suggestion of how i thought legendaries should work. besides, i don't think anything like that will be implemented until much later.

Blacksprite

The Mad Sprite
    Years
    hey i know I'm new to the posting thing but i just want to say that th game looks super.
    oh and i know its not possible but wouldn't it be cool to actually own a moving company in the game you'd get so rich fast lol

No reason why you cant do that in game,
    although I'm not sure exactly what you would move

each shipping port in kanto (theres a few) has its own market place for that particular area
    vermilion is the biggest because it encompasses Celadon city,vermilion, saffron and lavender. and supplies these towns with potions, poke balls etc
    so if you were to purchase a boat theres no reason to say that you cant move items between ports around for profit or deliver items to certain areas, or you could travel on foot. but your bag doesn't really have alot of room

this is going to make some areas with more expensive items then others and some with cheaper item,s then others

thats one way we might do it

Your Pokemon evolve but we don't have that nice animation for them yet
    but thats not a great priority right now. I'm just finishing up some things on the battle system because i didn't like the way it was. it just didn't have that Pokemon feel to it

This game will be awesome. <3
    i hope so

no that was just my suggestion of how i thought legendaries should work. besides, i don't think anything like that will be implemented until much later.

the legendaries are legendary because of there power, its because there rare. and i intend on making sure thy maintain there rare status

although they will be able to breed although good luck finding someone who has another
    legendary, and ditto wont work. I'm not letting ditto breed with any other Pokemon than ditto.

That should make it more interesting

ShadowElliot

Wooper
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 17, 2022
    Bikes

For bikes,
    Do we have to pay for them or we have to get a ticket to get it for free (voacher..?).
    Will there be a cycling road and will it bring people down like in FR?

Shadez

-
    Years
    back on he legendary's what about you make them like latias and latios in the games
    but then even more harder to catch or is this to hard to do sorry if this doesn't make any sense

Blacksprite

The Mad Sprite
    Years
    For bikes,
    Do we have to pay for them or we have to get a ticket to get it for free (poacher..?).
    Will there be a cycling road and will it bring people down like in FR?

Pay
    you cant have a voucher being given out by one person somewhere in the game
    there may be vouchers given out at competitions
    Otherwise its too much of a single player set storyline

back on he legendaries what about you make them like latias and latios in the games
    but then even more harder to catch or is this to hard to do sorry if this doesn't make any sense

This is one of the options were considering
    but nothing will be decided yet

harrymage

Banned
    Years
    • Seen May 14, 2013
    hey, i dont meen to bug you but do you have a rough idea whem its goin to be released

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back