• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Online mmorpg

Please Vote on a name that you think would best suit this game!?!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blacksprite

The Mad Sprite
    Years
    11.4mb download isnt that bad unless your on dial up

121mb is only the space required on the harddisk

I like the ideas of the trainer card colors
    im thinking of adding it

but we need some one to design them we had a desgin a while back but im thinking something more pokemony gba like

RM2K3kid

Insane..
    Years
    11.4MB is a piece of cake on dial-up. My connection is currently slow but I still download 15-20MB files regularly and I even download 170MB+ files on my 56K connection lol. I see nothing wrong with the size of it.

Demyx

I can see my house from here
    Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2007
    Oh, good. I thought it was 121 MB, not 14. 14 is a fairly decent amount... In this game (when it is popular), will you be able to see everybody? That could be a problem. Say some one is coming out of a building and another person is standing right in front of it. How would that work?

Years
    Player stacking? Earlier in the thread I think that Blacksprite said that that was not going to happen.

And 14MB is not that bad for this game. My bad. I didn't fully understand the conversation.

Last edited:

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    I think he should make it like Pokemon Crater. When two trainers are in the same spot, the sprite that shows is the trainer who was there first and a number appears above the sprite indicating how many players are in that one spot.

Demyx

Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2007
    Well, it would be weird having 2 people walking on top of each other. I also hope this doesn't turn into Pokemon Crater, were there are millions of people in one place, and you can't find yourself. I'd go with that the player infront of door is moved a bit to a free space and lets you out.

Demyx

Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2007
    -accidental double post-
    sorry for the mishap-

Last edited:

Demyx

Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2007
    -accidental triple post-
    sorry for the mishap

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2008
    Well, it would be weird having 2 people walking on top of each other. I also hope this doesn't turn into Pokemon Crater, were there are millions of people in one place, and you can't find yourself. I'd go with that the player infront of door is moved a bit to a free space and lets you out.

but it would be weirder if you couldnt walk over people because they are blocking the way.Trust me you do not everyone some solid thing u cant walk across it would be a pain the ass.

Years
    Simple fix. More than one server. Once this gets too popular, which it will, (if it's finished of course) then there needs to be more than one server. Just like almost every other online game.

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2008
    In every mmorpg you can walk through people except the playerworlds mmos because thoughs arnt ment to be come very popular.Even with more servers your still gonna have problems with people blockiung your way. for example sum1 coulda stop from entering a pokemon center, a mart, block the exit of a cave or the enterance, you wouldnt be able to get in or out.

Blacksprite

The Mad Sprite
    Years
    Currently you cant walk through players but thats why our mapper will have to learn how to map for an mmo instead of a single player game

added space etc...
    we also have overflow maps.
    we don't want too many new servers
    maybe just ones for different languages

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2008
    Currently you cant walk through players but thats why our mapper will have to learn how to map for an mmo instead of a single player game

added space etc...
    we also have overflow maps.
    we don't want too many new servers
    maybe just ones for different languages

overflow maps? as in like uhh... when a room gets too crowded you goto the same room but with different peopl???

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back