• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon ONLINE

Lucariland

Uchiha
Years
  • How cool wouldn't it be if a game like "World of Warcraft" came out in Pokemon version, if you start as a Trainer who looks the way YOU want, and maybe choose with pokemon you would choose from between Flying, Water, Fire, Ground etc.

Or maybe a type of pokemon you could be like in Pokemon Mystery dungeon, and go in instances with types of "mages", tanks, damage etc.

wich one would you like, and would you pay for it?

Years
  • hmmm a pokemon mmorpg sounds very intresting i imagine it like on the computer or wii, and with it being a mmorpg it would probably be much easier to trade pokemon

Gdog12356

UNTH1NKABL3
    Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2015
    Im currently working on one, so stay tuned :P. Pm me about it for more info if you wish~

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2014
    So much yes to this.

So much pain that it doesn't exist.

Also, so much potential over there in the Game Development forum.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    They actually HAVE Pokemon MMOs called Pokemon Online. There are three different games like this. Each has different styles of game play and everything.

There are many other Pokemon MMOs as well.

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2012
    For years have I dreamed (literally and figuratively) about a game like this. RPG styles as a unique trainer. If anyone played Warcraft 3 Custom Games, there was a Pokemon World game, and I envision something like that, but obviously better. Oh my God was that fun. You start as a trainer and can go to one of 4 corners of the map, and each has a theme (water, fire, ground, grass), and you catch a Poke with your first Pokeball and use that to battle other wild Pokes and other Trainers' Pokes, and eventually at the end there was a Pokemon League-style tournament with your 3 Pokes. So much fun. Not sure what the policy here on writing about other games is, but I do play an online, browser MMO, it's alright, but I envision more of a WoW style type of thing I guess.

Years
  • Idk, I personally wouldn't like it. I'm a hermit :P pretty much and I consider playing pokemon my "Alone Time." I wouldn't enjoy playing pokemon together with other people if we're still talking about the main versions of the game. I have never played Mystery Dungeon or anything, just the color/gem/metal games. If it were a different battling system or something like that, or even a co-op pokemon game, that would be pretty cool.

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2012
    Idk, I personally wouldn't like it. I'm a hermit :P pretty much and I consider playing pokemon my "Alone Time." I wouldn't enjoy playing pokemon together with other people if we're still talking about the main versions of the game. I have never played Mystery Dungeon or anything, just the color/gem/metal games. If it were a different battling system or something like that, or even a co-op pokemon game, that would be pretty cool.

The beauty of an MMO is you don't have to socialize with everyone. You can do your own thing. I don't envision such a game as being a copy of the main games but online and with people everywhere, I see more of a WoW type game.

Years
  • The beauty of an MMO is you don't have to socialize with everyone. You can do your own thing. I don't envision such a game as being a copy of the main games but online and with people everywhere, I see more of a WoW type game.

Ah, well I've never played WoW. I've played RuneScape, which I could imagine is like what you're describing.
    And Idk, if it was not the same as the main series, I think it would be fine. I have no problem with current spinoffs, but if they start to mess with my main series, stuff's about to go down xD

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2018
    I had a chat with my mates bout why there isnt an OFFICIAL pokemon MMO. and an idea I had also was that like in wow and star wars old republic, you can select any type of classs other than Trainer. So far I know it could be Trainer, Ranger and Photographer, perhaps secret agent like in Pokemon Trozei/Link. As for things in game like many MMO's such as Guilds, you could also have the teams from the different games like Rocket, Aqua, Magma, Plasma etc. Another is professions well we have had growing berries and plants, creating pokemon sweets/blocks and baking pofins (pokebread), operhaps fishing is a definite and could also include fishing competitions, bug contests and pokemon contests and pokathlon, basically the MMO would have evrything from all the games that would be compared well with games like wow and star wars.

The question is though, why nintendo and game freak havnt ever tried this? Would it really be a good move for the series? we Know nintendo can create online multiplayer with their success with the Animal Crossing games.

PaxAmericana

Resident Peacekeeper
    Years
  • I feel it would be a unique way to go at more audience, considering most people play them nowadays. I don't love the idea of it a ton, but I would still play it.

Back