• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Opal

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
Years
  • Pokemon Opal - Please post constructively.
    Nothing fancy, just a development thread

Introduction
    Well, this hasn't fully developed into a hack, this is more of a jot down thread of what you guys would like to see changed or added. This game is made to look like another
    enjoyable series, rather than just a fan hack. There will not be many graphics changes to the overall tileset, because the normal Fr/Lg graphics are very organised, and they give
    the game a professional feel. There will be some edits when I feel like they are needed. Anyways, I was planning on another hack which I had gotten pretty far into, but I didnt
    test it often and I realised that the rom was corrupt after I added some scripts. I hope this doesnt happen with this game. But considering im not moving too fast or doing
    too much at one time it will not be stressfull. This is not an average hack where you beat some team and catch some legendary, this isn't even about a team or a legendary. This
    game has a much better side of an adventure to it. Before much technology, before people were power crazy. That is what is going to make it much more enjoyable. And I hope you,
    the audience will like it.

Story
    A time before facist ideas, a time before corruption. People are in balance with nature, learning to accept Pokemon as friend, even if some do not fully agree with their idea.
    People will still fight for glory, but they will not fight for power. The idea of the very Pokemon world was just like the idea of creation. There will not be any corruption, there
    will not be any unbalance with nature. Everything has it's role in what we call 'society'. But now is your time, you have become of age and are ready to face the adventures ahead.
    You are not an ordinary trainer though, you are not just searching for Pokemon, you are searching for history. People still realise that there are many mysteries in the Pokemon
    world to be solved. You are going to try and solve them. You are searching for these mysterious, you are unravelling history.

Features
    - Pokedex is still under development, meaning there will be a different system.
    - Travel through alot of natural sites to unravel what is in the Pokemon world.
    - Meet many people who will help you with your adventure.
    - You have a choice whether or not to compete in the Pokemon leage.
    - Nintendo like style of maps, but to a certain extent.
    - Aprikorns may be included in the game.
    - You get a journal in your key items, though you cant do much with it.
    - Frequent travel with boats will be available.
    - Gyms will be very different to what you've seen.
    - Two different regions.
    - Major cities do not have large modern day buildings.
    - Different resources will be used for your Pokemon instead of potions.
    - Many more features still under development.

Jot Downs/Ideas
    Ideas from people who reply to this thread may be put up here for discussion. And I may add some aswell.

- Outer areas of the region will not have as developed buildings or things. Meaning some new tiles might have to be added, but I think this idea
    is one I really wish to hold out. This might mean the gyms might not be located here, or they might, but it is an idea I want thought about.
    - There might be a large research facility somewhere in the region, which is trying to develop things such as new PokeBalls or maybe
    even a PokeDex. Of course some other items might be included, such as potions or other medicines.
    - There will be alot of restaurants and other small shops to get resources.
    Meaning that there wont be average marts in heaps of towns, you will have to go to stands or find peoples houses to buy stuff.

Sneak Preview
    A small preview of the sought of minor graphic changes im talking about.

Pokemon Opal

Support
    So far there are no support banners. If you wish to make one, just add some unknowns ;].

Last edited:

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
    Years
  • ok, good luck on that
    you need to add new tles
    and i think theres already a hack called pkmn opal

I would of expected something much more constructive.
    I don't think i'll be adding many new tiles, especially major graphics changes. So dont expect much : ).

Raiph

I Wish I Had A Wing...
    Years
  • It doesn't matter if the name's been used, Good luck on this soon to be hack and if u need a beta tester or a text editor, im the person you need. Anyway GL and i hope your maximum effort goes into the production of this hack. Keep it up and i like the story btw.

BlackRainbow*

Pokemon Coralo Version ?
    Years
  • Looking good. I wonder how the new gyms will look. Hope to see some new screens soon. Good luck

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    I hope you do well, I like the story. Like others say, the name is already in use.

Barker

I'm drifting in deep waters..
    Years
  • It's an idea for a game in the scrapbox forum; Calm down about the name, guys, and comment about the actual project.

Anyway, Cheese, I love the idea of a good "Past" hack. I've always liked your work, and expect great things from you.

Anyway, the graphics look good. You talked a bit about Apricorns; does this mean Pokéballs and the like are "still under development" too?

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
    Years
  • It doesn't matter if the name's been used, Good luck on this soon to be hack and if u need a beta tester or a text editor, im the person you need. Anyway GL and i hope your maximum effort goes into the production of this hack. Keep it up and i like the story btw.

I dont think i'll need a text editor, or a beta tester.
    Plus i'd rather choose them myself, also, take note I didn't ask for any help...

Looking good. I wonder how the new gyms will look. Hope to see some new screens soon. Good luck

Thanks, the new gyms will be a surprise. Though i'm not talking about the outside of the gyms, just the inside, they will have different sought of designs. Like how Misty's gym in the anime had water Pokemon roaming around, it might be something like that.

I hope you do well, I like the story. Like others say, the name is already in use.

I dont see the name being used anywhere... And I don't think alot of people would care anyhow.

It's an idea for a game in the scrapbox forum; Calm down about the name, guys, and comment about the actual project.

Anyway, Cheese, I love the idea of a good "Past" hack. I've always liked your work, and expect great things from you.

Anyway, the graphics look good. You talked a bit about Apricorns; does this mean Pokéballs and the like are "still under development" too?

Thanks. It's not going to be too far into the past, but their will be some major differences.
    Yes, the PokeBall's are still under development. If you remember, in R/S/E Devon Corp were producing new Pokeballs, this time their will be some differences, ultra balls are not available unless further in the game, and to stop people from cheating to get them, some PokeBalls will not be available in stories until a certain flag is activated. The great ball might have this same effect aswell.

I haven't got many updates, but i've finished Route 1, though that doesn't matter, considering some ideas are still being dicussed.

Edit - A new idea is up, I really need some discussion on this one.

Last edited:

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • This is interesting!
    A hack in the past..with NO crazy legendary teams!
    Nice idea...
    I like the flowers, they look nice...
    I'll be watching this one..
    :D

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    So what actually is going to be different? You're features are quite vague. I don't mean to be a downer but so far most of the new stuff won't maket this much different from other hacks. The new Pokedex seems unnecessary. It seems like originality for the sake of originality. Aprikorns and restaurants? They kinda seem like extras, they won't influence gameplay very much. I like the idea of boat travel though, will that mean this new region will be made of islands? That would be pretty cool I think. Well good luck with this anyway, I realise its just in the planning phase. You're an excellent hacker so I'm sure this will be a great hack.

Back