• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Decomps] Pokemon Open Emerald (Script Editor Needed!)

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2021
    Pokemon Open Emerald

Info
    This is a project that makes the original pokemon emerald version into a open world game that is enjoyable to play. The main job of this hack is to remove most story elements to make it feel like you have you're own choices to choose just like real life when you're not forced to do things. The gym leaders are planned to be scaled so that you start you're journey wherever you want and beat the gyms in you're own orders that you want.

Plot
    The journey starts almost being the same as the original. However once you get the pokedex that changes as now you can choose which areas do you want to go to. You also have two choices after getting the pokedex. Do you want to catch all 386 pokemon or do you want to become the champion of the hoenn region? You can choose both but that will surely take time. New paths and bridges have been added to allow progress , an example of this would be the fact that now you can access the east side of route 103 from the west side meaning that with just the pokedex you can go to slateport city or mauville city before reaching petalburg. Another example would be the fact from the south route 104 area there is now a bridge leading to dewford town. Your own game , your own story.

Features (Planned)
    - Open World Experience!
    - All 386 Pokemon Catchable !
    - Scaled Gym Leaders!
    - Many New Twists (Later at end of story)
    - Gym Rematch Bosses
    - And More...

Screenshots
    Pokemon Open Emerald (Script Editor Needed!)
    Pokemon Open Emerald (Script Editor Needed!)

Roles Filled : Mapper,Trainer Editor (My roles)
    Roles Needed : Script Editor (Very Important)

To apply for script editor friend me and dm me at my discord username Aaryan#4014.

Thanks!

-Aaryan

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2021
    I think adding a more detail about the kinds of plot changes you are envisioning would be helpful for potential scripters to get an idea of what kind of scripting skills will be used.

Years
    By script editor, do you mean dialogue editor, or do you mean like map event editor (known as scripting)?

Back