• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokemon OR/AS Wonder Trading?

Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2014
    (I searched and I can't find a thread like this.) What are your opinions on wonder trading possibly getting in Pokemon OR/AS and do you think it will? I really hope it does get in myself, I love wonder trading.

Bobbylicious

Banned
    Years
    From what I've seen it was a popular feature in XY so I'd assume they'd bring it back for ORAS - maybe restrict it to only wonder trade with ORAS and not XY, or keep it locked until post game.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    I look forward to eventually bringing any missing Hoenn residents into X/Y.

However I get to do it.

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
    Years
    maybe restrict it to only wonder trade with ORAS and not XY, or keep it locked until post game.

I don't like either of these ideas because that sounds like the stuff they used to do with FR/LG (only 1st gen Pokémon can evolve, can't trade with R/S/E, etc.)

So what if you get a Pokémon that's outside Hoenn's Pokédex? lol

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    I don't like either of these ideas because that sounds like the stuff they used to do with FR/LG (only 1st gen Pokémon can evolve, can't trade with R/S/E, etc.)

So what if you get a Pokémon that's outside Hoenn's Pokédex? lol
    I received a Rhyhorn before finishing the story in W2.

The game showed the Dex entry as "???".

Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2014
    I'm personally not that into Wonder Trading. Ignoring the fact that most of the time you will get lame Pokemon, the whole process takes way too long.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    I'm personally not that into Wonder Trading. Ignoring the fact that most of the time you will get lame Pokemon, the whole process takes way too long.
    You calling my Pokémon offerings lame? :P

I actually get some nice things via WT. Got a wild-caught Pokémon that actually has three perfect IVs. Yeah, that surprised me. Got a few 5IV babies as well. But I know where you're coming from; some people just trade crap over and over until they get something they like.

Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2014
    You calling my Pokémon offerings lame? :P

I actually get some nice things via WT. Got a wild-caught Pokémon that actually has three perfect IVs. Yeah, that surprised me. Got a few 5IV babies as well. But I know where you're coming from; some people just trade crap over and over until they get something they like.

I'll admit that there are people that wonder trade cool stuff :p I have friends that got competitive shinies, and I've personally found some Pokemon with 3-4 egg moves.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    I'll admit that there are people that wonder trade cool stuff :p I have friends that got competitive shinies, and I've personally found some Pokemon with 3-4 egg moves.
    That reminds me. I got a three-Egg-move Fennekin. I'm going to eventually try to breed a 5IV female (females are also incredibly rare, which doesn't help) and try to breed that one with it. I'm hoping to get the IVs and the Egg Moves together.

Worst case scenario, I can prep each species that shares the Egg Move, but it will involve a lot of female luck.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    We usually get some form of GTS in every game, and Wonder Trading was really fun most of the time so I think it'll return in ORAS :)

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Further, Wonder Trades can likely be done with each game in the generation, meaning that it'll apply to any Z or Emerald game as wel in this generation. I use it all the time, but never use the GTS. I think Wonder Trade was a response to GTS complaints, and it wouldn't surprise me over time to see the GTS abolished in favour of it. However, I doubt that will happen.

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
    Years
    I think Wonder Trade was a response to GTS complaints, and it wouldn't surprise me over time to see the GTS abolished in favour of it. However, I doubt that will happen.

I honestly wouldn't mind GTS being abolished.

It can take its "Level 9 Zekrom for Magikarp!!!1!!!1!!" trades with it. Though, Wonder Trade has its disadvantages too, like the...ahem...surplus of Froakie.

But there are a lot of good things too on Wonder Trade: People often release good breeding leftovers. :)

So yeah, I pretty much think Wonder Trade is gonna make it into this game, if only because compatibility with X/Y.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    I honestly wouldn't mind GTS being abolished.

It can take its "Level 9 Zekrom for Magikarp!!!1!!!1!!" trades with it. Though, Wonder Trade has its disadvantages too, like the...ahem...surplus of Froakie.
    That's not what I call an issue. That's people breeding Froakie with Protean and WTing the rejects. I do that with other Pokémon too. (And ironically get a few Froakie.) I even got a multi-IV Froakie out of it, so I'm not going to complain. The only part I hate is trading away one of the Froakie and getting...another Froakie.

If anything, blame Gamefreak for Froakie's hidden ability being such a battle advantage that everyone wants it, leading to the Froakie surplus.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
    It will be there. I think it's a 6th gen feature not restricted to X and Y, and due to its success it's here to stay.

Back