• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

pokemon or just animals?

Hakudoushi-kun

Guardian of the Northern Souls
    Years
    has anyone else noticed in the anime and on some cards, there are some animals that are shown, like in the 'bugcatching contest' episode, jessie was holding a goldfish in a bag. or when chicken or hamburgers are mentioned, i wonder where the meat comes from, pokemon, or some other species that are like animals.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    there are animals in the Pokemon world... I think the anime has shown owls (before Hoothoot is made that is) before. And doesn't a card has a flying Pokemon holding a worm in its beak/talons or something like that?

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
    That's what I thought. Since real animals do exist and the other countries exist too.(Mew's DNA was in South America after all. :P)

nayana_1120

... ._.;
    Years
    I think there is Pokemon are diffrent from animals. They may look like them, but they aren't. They just live in the regions they live in, and that's all for now!

I wonder if people eat Pokemon. ^^ I can see them drinking Miltank milk, but that's about it.
    *cannot imagine a Miltank burger, lol*

AJHalliwell

Forrest Green Gym- Person
    Years
    People do eat Pokemon, remember. (EW- I don't understand how you can love a certain pet animal, and then eat the same species)
    Remember Farfetch'd? He's considered a delicasy...(sp*)
    But one time (before Miltank, first season) Ash dressed up as a cow-cow. So I assume normal 'real' animals exist too.
    Also, where do the names come from? "The Mouse pokemon" "The Fox pokemon", a mouse or a fox have to exist to be a kind of pokemon to. Otherwise rattata would be called a mouse, not a Ratatta.
    !! Oh! And, in "The Sensational Cerulean Sisters" we see a huge fish tank, and there are non-pokemon fish in them. Hm, thats all I can think of right now, here's my two cents n.n

Last edited:

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years
    PIKA2 said:
    That's what I thought. Since real animals do exist and the other countries exist too.(Mew's DNA was in South America after all. :P)

South America is a Continent... Brasil is the country where they found the DNA if I'm right they said It was in the Amazon

Duke R

Member #1950
    Years
    No, was in Guiana, or something like this... it's a country north of Brazil... But there is another history in Brazil... I think...

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
    I think that there are other animals than pokemon. What makes the pokemon different is that according to my manga, "Due to similarities in genetic and cellular structure, they must be considered a single species." This would probably explain why pokemon can be put into pokeballs and why normal animals can not. (Although that doesn't explain that riceball in the primape episode.)

Iveechan

based on a paperclip
    Years
    Pokemon also differ by animals because totally different Pokemon, like Quagsire and Rapidash, can crossbreed.

The way I see it, Pokemon are only found in this one big continent that is cut off by the rest of the world somehow. There may have been more regular animals living there at one time, but the superior Pokemon caused the regular animals to die off because the competition was too much. Humans, with their ability to craft Pokeballs and therefore capture and control Pokemon, were the only "higher" lifeform that survived this Pokemon invasion. Most regular animals are probably myths to humans in the Pokemon world.

AJHalliwell

Forrest Green Gym- Person
    Years
    I think its muskat...and muskat is a kind of fruit, cause at the local comic shop they have japanese imported snacks, and I read it as muskrat to (after seeing the tomato flavored bubble gum--can you blame me!?)
    Also, I'd like to note again that in the Sensational Cerulean Sisters, or w/e, remember the fish tank under the gym, all those fish that weren't pokemon.
    And I love refering to the magical rice ball that can go into a pokeball! mwahaha!
    I wanna try one of those in real life, they keep calling'm donuts though o.o

Back