• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Orange, the best game ever!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

exteradude

Well, I think that this game'll succeed if FireMaker puts his mind to it. And He really has put his mind onto it! I mean, 1554 pokemon! (I checked the website) I believe in FireMaker. He'll succeed, and be rewarded greatly!
    FireMaker, I believe in you!

~Exteradude~

Years
  • Umm.. The best game ever? A little presumptuous for a ten year old..
    That is quite a big list there.. Perhaps you have added too many things to your plate?

On a sidenote, I noticed this sprite in your sprite section:
    Pokemon Orange, the best game ever!!!

That sprite is not yours. It is for scompi's game Pokemon Legends, here is the website: https://scompi10.tripod.com/shaducabra.html
    I suspect you just went around and stole a bunch of sprites to use in your game, and added the spriters names to your team list. Hasn't anyone else noticed that there is a pathetic squiggle of a pokemon at the top of the sprite page and then suddenly well done fusions down a bit further?

Sorry if you take offence to some of my comments, but we need to get to the bottom of this.. I didn't see any credit given to scompi and I'm not sure if you asked his permission either

Years
  • Please do not use other people's hard work, without permission. Even if you give credit you need permission to use the sprites.

If you can provide me with substantial proof that you have permission from the spriters to use the sprites, PM me with it. Otherwise I will regard this as sprite theft.

Blizzy

me = Scripter.new("Noob")
    Years
  • is this a joke?
    i highly doubt this game will ever get finished.

first of all, 1000 new pokemon is a lot, no...it's not a lot, it's massive!!
    who's gonna sprite them all?

50 regions??
    how much mappers do you need?
    at least a few people per region.

and a total of 1500 pokemon.
    this requires a huge database.
    i don't know what programming language this is,
    but with ruby or javascript it's at least 100 to 200 lines of script per stats for each pokemon.
    for defining each name, id, front and back bitmap and the hp and exp for each level of the pkmn (99 levels :shocked: ).
    maybe you need more lines of script.

in other words, this game will be slow if you don't have a fast computer.
    (also known as Lag.)

and then thinking about the size of the file.
    even if you split it in parts, it will be at least 50 Mb a file.

i'd say to reduce the amount of work,
    and try to finish at least 1 region with the costum sprites.

blizzy

Karmillina

would kill for cookies
    Years
  • yeah, I agree with the guys up here. You're planning a massive thing. Try to make something a little less tedious or you're going to end hating your own game o___O

Tyler

PHP Scripter
    Years
  • He's been making this game for a very long time. He started around when i Started Making Games. I know you can do it but id take a lot of time.

Years
  • this game will be awsome if it will be finished but its gonna be long and difficult to finish it so good luck and i will look forward to ur game.

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2006
    does anyone know where there is a link to a working download of pokemon xp? the link in the one thread about it gives you a 0 kb file with nothing inside it.

Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2006
    I think you should concentrate on quality not quantity. I'm not dissing you but checking out some of your sprites, a lot of them are clearly rushed. And there are too many fusions.

Good luck, all the same.

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2009
    Seriously dude? This is your 14th game in Game Development. And about 4-5 you've dubbed "The best game ever!!!" And none of them are even close to finished. This'll just be the same. Sorry, but it's true. For one thing, you're relying too much on other people. Another thing, it's ridiculously ambitious.

Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2006
    woah.. this game is gonna be huge.
    but the download is gonna be even big, unless you can make it into a cd and mail it to ppl.

Years
  • So how do you plan to code move sets for over 1500 pokemon?
    And 50 regions is a bit much, don't you think?

Seems as though someone's bitten off a bit more than they can chew, eh?

NewMew

Sephiroth
    Years
  • Brill Idea but 50 regions? thats a little over the top dont you think?
    It is possible and if you can hold out you will have a winner on your hands! i am sure of it!

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
  • Thank you for reviving an 11 month old thread, that was a very smart thing to do. I urge you to go and read the rules of PC, because you clearly haven't done so. Anyway..

-Closed-

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back