• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon ORANGE!

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2010
    Okay seriously. I've always wanted a Pokemon game where we go to the Orange Islands. :( Was anyone else mad when we didn't get one?

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Most people complained about the amount of water in Hoenn.....

...I didn't. But even I'd be really pissed if they made that game.....

...in short, no, it would've been terrible. I mean, seriously, 4 gyms?

ChrisTom

With all regards,
    Years
    Well, the story goes a bit like this:

The Programmers decided to make a 2nd Generation of Pokemon games, but they realized that they would need to keep the entertainment going so people didn't feel like they had to wait forever. To keep people entertained game-wise, they quickly wrapped up Pokemon Yellow, which was essentially Red and Blue with prettier asthetics and more Anime Canonical features. For the Anime they created Orange Islands, a quick puffy piece that gave them just enough time to finish Pokemon Gold and Silver without people losing interest in the series as a whole. Then when players were mad they couldn't go to Orange Islands, the makers were already on to Hoenn and thought "0_0... Well screw it." Anyways, that's what I know.

sab

Now too much of a life.
    Years
    For ur info, it's called pokemon naranja, download VBA and naranja and there you go
    that's only a beta not a final version and It was made by Serg!o not nintendo (It was pirated and sold in cartridge form though).

For the original question the answer is, yes. the orange islands may have only had four gyms, but the features those gyms had were amazing! also the region would have been great, and just think what nintento could could have done with crystal onix, and pinkan island! That would have been so cool!

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    When FRLG were coming out, I thought the Sevii Islands would be an expy of the anime's Orange Island. XD

Seriously though, a whole game based around the Orange Island league would be a little...bare...only four gyms, and the battle not being the centerpiece of three of them (correct me if I'm wrong here, my knowledge of this season of the anime has slipped me).

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    that's only a beta not a final version and It was made by Serg!o not nintendo (It was pirated and sold in cartridge form though).

It's still a game, and Naranja is as close as we're gonna get to an Orange Islands game. xD;

That aside, Nah, a game of that part of the series would've been kinda dull.. Some people would probably just plow through it in one day, since there would only be four gyms. :/ That and there wouldn't be much plot outside of the gym battles, and it just... wouldn't be very good. It made for a neat saga in the anime, but I doubt the game would be too awesome.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    it should have been for ds and you use the touch controls to do all those orange crew challenges, I mean there's the rom Narnaja, but I'd prefer if Nintendo made one

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years

It's still a game, and Naranja is as close as we're gonna get to an Orange Islands game. xD;

That aside, Nah, a game of that part of the series would've been kinda dull.. Some people would probably just plow through it in one day, since there would only be four gyms. :/ That and there wouldn't be much plot outside of the gym battles, and it just... wouldn't be very good. It made for a neat saga in the anime, but I doubt the game would be too awesome.
    Wait, you don't plow through the other games in a day? If I can't beat the original games with a restricted team in under 1:30, I'm having a terrible day.

Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2010
    I really wanted a Pokemon Orange game to be made but when they didn't have one I was disappointed. Why did they even have it when it wasn't included in the games though?

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    Why did they even have it when it wasn't included in the games though?
    Pad out the anime until G/S came out. Otherwise, it would have just been repeats.

I don't mind the fact that the Orange Islands weren't in the games. There are plenty of locations in the anime that weren't in the games, so this didn't bother me. Besides, there's a lot of surfing to be done in the region, and in the games, surfing isn't too terribly fun because of how long routes are and because of Tentacool. Imagine a whole region like that where you can't travel by boat. Tentacool everywhere!

CakeForTheSoul

You Are A Cinema
    Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2011
    Not really. It was something I didn't really care about. I mean it would have been cool for a game but there wouldn't be that much to do. There wouldn't be all that much storyline to it. Beside your suppose to have all the badges before facing the Orange Islands so transferring Pokemon over would be a pain because it would of been a Advance game.

Rapidash

Firefly Class.
    Years
    For the original question the answer is, yes. the orange islands may have only had four gyms, but the features those gyms had were amazing! also the region would have been great, and just think what nintento could could have done with crystal onix, and pinkan island! That would have been so cool!

I agree

Also, cool avatar. Dr Horrible is awsm.

Back