• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokemon ORAS POST-GAME IDEAS (AND BATTLE FRONTIER)

Zeffy

g'day
Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    Am I the only one who's thinking that the third version of XY might be a crossover between Hoenn and Kalos, which includes the Battle Frontier? That would be pretty sick, in all honesty, but it seems so impossible :(

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2022
    Masuda has already said there are no plans to make any Pokémon DLC or a "Delta Emerald".

Now, I do think that the full Battle Frontier in 3D would be pretty awesome.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Am I the only one who's thinking that the third version of XY might be a crossover between Hoenn and Kalos, which includes the Battle Frontier? That would be pretty sick, in all honesty, but it seems so impossible :(

Wow, I think that does sound pretty cool; Gamefreak could include something with Zygarde and the new Battle Frontier :D I'm unsure as to how the would include Rayquaza, however, because they already kind of let Rayquaza in the spotlight in the Delta Episode. Honestly, I think this would be a good idea because it wouldn't be just a repeat of a Rayquaza-centered story and it would have something new as well :)

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Am I the only one who's thinking that the third version of XY might be a crossover between Hoenn and Kalos, which includes the Battle Frontier? That would be pretty sick, in all honesty, but it seems so impossible :(
    Its one out of 3 options I think are on the table for gen 6. The other two are DLC for both sets in 2015 or the Strange Souvenir region for gen 7, Kalos like Kanto in GSC, and Hoenn is ignored. I say gen 7 for option two, as I can see both gens belonging together like one as are gens 1/2. In the case of a Zeta Emerald, it must involve Hoopa bringing the regions together or some crazy plot like that.
    Masuda has already said there are no plans to make any Pokémon DLC or a "Delta Emerald".

Now, I do think that the full Battle Frontier in 3D would be pretty awesome.
    No, Masuda said that to tie up Kalos he has other plans other then a 3rd version or sequels, that's why remakes came next. Unless he meant that instead of following the last two gens, we went back to gen 3's formula, with FRLG between RS->E, and we are getting something after XY->ORAS. Just what exactly is unknown, as ORAS acts as the end gen games, but with us still clearly in the middle of a generation. What I mean is, all legendaries in one game usually happens with the last release, much like HGSS and B2W2, but the Anime is getting to the 4th badge in January, with the 5th badge sometime between March-May, if we judge by last year's preview from new years, which had clips for stuff all the way in May. It still hasn't aired sure, but a pic of it featuring Clemont Vs Ash means its definitely coming up, just no way to know when. Even then, if the 5th gym is in may, then we are likely looking the league in early 2016, if they don't rush it. Or if they don't do something crazy. Sorry if this was confusing, just spouting ideas here. TLDR, games are acting like the gen is over, Anime and marketing is not. Never happened before, so its all pretty exciting.

Can you cite it? Just want to have my dreams crushed by a direct source.

I dunno, one can dream, right? I'd personally enjoy having a romp around the Sevii Islands again, and browse the aftermath of the Hoenn stuff. A Ruby/Sapphire 2 or something. Haha. Now that with OR/AS and X/Y, you can capture everything, I'd find it hard to believe they will release anything relating to OR/AS. We may see something based in Kalos again more than anything.

Which is a damn shame. I'd have loved to see the Frontier in some form again.
    Sevii Islands battle frontier was my main wish for the games, thanks for reminding me that it never happened. :(

Years
  • Giving GameFreak a little credit, BW had every new Pokémon available, making Version 2 largely redundant outside of a new plot and formes. While they've made just about every Pokémon available, I'm sure they intend to continue telling the story. Who knows; the next game/s could mix up Pokémon from both regions, introduce more Mega Evolutions (not the most appealing way to sell new games, in my opinion), or something else.

Maybe with OR/AS out, they'll return to having the "third game". Perhaps they'll expand heavily on Kalos while they're at it and refine/rewrite all of X/Y's crap writing—a meatier story, maybe! Or finally, they could make a sequel to X/Y. (Featuring the ghost girl!)

I don't know if you mean in terms of Pokédex, but BW had several Pokémon that were not available in the game and had to be imported from other games. B2W2 was not redundant, it had more Pokémon and plenty of new features (heck, it had more Pokémon to catch than any other game present at the time). Are you saying that they should have just made Pokémon Gray instead? Because that wouldn't have been much else.

And I too would prefer sequels to XY as they would likely explain more about what happened after the events of the Team Flare ordeals. But at the same time they could have Z with Zygarde and the cover legendaries of XY, so there's that possibility.

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
    Years
  • Or finally, they could make a sequel to X/Y. (Featuring the ghost girl!)

This, and giving us access to the 3 facilities CLEARLY displayed and discussed in the 'badlands' desert area of Kalos in X/Y. You know, the ones where the camera changed so you could see them, and there were doors outside of all 3, but they gave you a locked message when you hit 'A' on 'em?

But hey, I'd love to see the battle frontier come back. I largely missed out on it since I never played Emerald, annnd don't remember much outside the battle tower in Sapphire.

Years
  • I was referring specifically to the "new" Pokémon. B2/W2 introduced none. And I know that those games made more Pokémon accessible and hence extended the Pokédex, but I'm just using it as an example to say they won't necessarily stop just because they've exhausted the 'Dex.

Or perhaps they could start a new generation right now. Scary thought.

Well, Emerald and Platinum introduced none either, although the latter introduced new forms at least. So you could probably make the same argument for them, or Crystal for that matter.

ShadowSlashz

Shadow
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 31, 2015
    i just hope there is a sequel to both games ORAS and X and Y as Masuda keeps going n about the "strong bonds" between both games. I reckon there's a strong possibility towards another gold and silver kinda thing which is you start in Kalos or Hoenn and when you finish it you can go to Hoenn or Kalos vice versa. Also the gym leaders mention they would love to battle you again one day. Lots of hints are being found still...

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Giving GameFreak a little credit, BW had every new Pokémon available, making Version 2 largely redundant outside of a new plot and formes. While they've made just about every Pokémon available, I'm sure they intend to continue telling the story. Who knows; the next game/s could mix up Pokémon from both regions, introduce more Mega Evolutions (not the most appealing way to sell new games, in my opinion), or something else.

Maybe with OR/AS out, they'll return to having the "third game". Perhaps they'll expand heavily on Kalos while they're at it and refine/rewrite all of X/Y's crap writing—a meatier story, maybe! Or finally, they could make a sequel to X/Y. (Featuring the ghost girl!)
    Black 2/White 2 were not redundant, and in no way a similar case to what we have here. They mention ORAS as a companion to XY for the national dex, much in the same way B2W2 were meant to feature the old Pokemon along with the new to allow in-gen obtaining without the need of DPt/HGSS. They were also expected as we had various plot threads(at the time at least) that could have been expanded greatly(alas they were not). Here we have a similar thing with the Hoopa rings, the strange Souvenir, infinite energy abuse by Devon and what not, but we have a clear line that one game compliments the other in terms of Pokemon distrobution, something usually left for the last games. Its comparable to the situation with B2W2, with stuff like Colress, the original dragon, just where the hell is Hilbert/Hilda, but then we knew that it was it the end of the gen. Here we do not, we're clearly in the middle of whatever GF is brewing.

Personally speaking, although I mentioned 3 outcomes, Hoenn/Kalos duo would be my best guess. It just feels like something crazy old GF would get up to.

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2015
    Really the only regret I have with ORAS is not having a better Frontier like we had in Emerald. I would love to see a DLC, like described in the OP or not, for the Frontier with the various facilities and such. However, I'm doubtful it will ever happen. I read somewhere (unfortunately I didn't save the link) that Game Freak is against introducing DL content to Pokemon for whatever reason. Maybe that's just something they're saying to surprise even more, but I doubt it.

Great write up though, OP. Loved reading all of your ideas!

ShadowSlashz

Shadow
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 31, 2015
    Like I have said I would love a sequel to ORAS and X and Y which wouldn't surprise me as Gamefreak love to throw curveballs at us!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2015
    I really think the safest bet would be Pokémon Z or X2/Y2 next year, with the Battle Frontier on it somehow. Because Zygarde has moves that were not released yet, I think we will see another game in Kalos. And I think GF would be pretty cruel to hint things like "battle frontier project has started" and not make BF at all. I don't see GF doing DLC any time soon though.

Years
  • As mentioned above, it doesn't seem right that they would show the Battle Frontier under construction and then not make it ever again. They might not even make the next Kalos game next year, they might go back to spring releases like they did between Emerald and BW. Although I too think the next Kalos game will at least involve Zygarde since we have those moves that have data for them, so it's likely they'll be involved somewhere.

classicpaul64

PokeTuber
    Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2016
    Zinnia was probably my favorite part of the post-game. I really hope that the teaser for the Battle Frontier is indicative of a DLC Frontier, with those elements of Emerald. I know it's meant to be remakes of Ruby and Sapphire, but I wish that part of the post-game was a bit less lacking.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2019
    Battle Frontier hints in OR and AS

I'm not sure if anyone has already brought this up, but at the Battle Resort, there are hints that it will be later made into the battle frontier, or at least the battle tower. Does this, mean that while the battle frontier didn't make an appearance, it could appear later on in this generation. Possible hint to Hoenn being explored further this generation? Or possibly, the battle frontier being in the next gen 6 game (most likely the third game of x/y)?

Years
  • This is indeed perplexing, even moreso after Masuda stated in an interview that they don't want to bring back the Battle Frontier, because they think few would actually enjoy that. But the fact that they say that AFTER they give us this pre-constructed Battle Tower is really odd, you'd think they're going to do something since they did.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I merged the two Battle Frontier threads together :)

This is indeed perplexing, even moreso after Masuda stated in an interview that they don't want to bring back the Battle Frontier, because they think few would actually enjoy that. But the fact that they say that AFTER they give us this pre-constructed Battle Tower is really odd, you'd think they're going to do something since they did.

Wowow they really said that? Do you have a link to the interview? That makes me really sad because almost all of us here said that they would really enjoy having it ;; I also think it's pretty weak that they only gave us a Battle Tower that looks the same as every other one in the previous gens ;;

Years
  • Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Also it doesn't really seem like they have a ton of proof regarding this theory anyway; they're just assume that because people have lots of things to do, they won't be spending as much time on Pokemon. Kind of a weak answer because they didn't even try it out.

Back