• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Origin

Arcelio

This was a triumph.
Years
Impressive looking game. I can't wait to try it out. No rush though, so take your time. Snagging, eh? I like it! I've always liked snagging, but I wonder...how do you plan to incorporate it into a battle? Will it be at the end of the battle, the last trainer's pokemon, or will the battle end and then you have to go one on one with the Shadow Pokemon? Regardless, I look forward to release of a alpha, beta, or anything really.

The_Virus21

Aquamarin Trainer
Years
  • Seen Mar 5, 2011
nice work
i dont know
is that post online?
are you online to this post?

when you want i can help you with:
scripting
spriting
mapping

look at there: forum.rpg2000.4players.de/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=92957
there are some sprites please contact me

The_Virus21

ps: its made not maded because your video Pokémon Blue Pearl maded with RMXP

the link cannot show full because i have not 15 posts

Last edited:

CollosalPokemon

What's next?
Years
@> 1ninja:

Aure, just send them when you can.

@> Hall Of Famer:

Thank you, good to see some positive posts around.

@> Luka S.J.:

Just kinking out the last few bugs, almost there.

@> Arcelio:

Thank you, basically, it will work exactly like Pokemon XD and Colosseum. Really simple and to the scripts are set and done.

@> The_Virus21:

Uhh, I'll check the link out soon. If you could show me some examples in a private message, that would be good.

And For Everyone would likes some news, Origin has some new stuff. Including a script made by me, which is a FULLY animated title screen. Including something special, called a C-Cube. But I won't spoil that until the update happens. As well as that here is a preview of a future update:

All things that will spoil the next update have been spoilered, so read them if you want to have the next update partially spoiled.

New Sprites,

Whoever said sprites can't change? Here's the Red Gyarados from Heart Gold and Soul Silver, yup, you read right, it's that one:
Spoiler:

New Scripts,

How may this game improve? Well, how about with some amazing friends & a skilled mind. Here are the new features, screens to come with a future update:

Spoiler:

Of course, I won't spoil the whole update, but it's going to be "Colossal." :P

Anyways, feel free to add you're ideas, constructive criticism, application, or anything else, whether its by pm or post.

Peace everyone, have an awesome summer.

~ CP

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
Years
- Dual Screen
- New Bag system, including 8 pockets (Thank you <~F.M.P~>)
- New Tiles -- No longer kyledove's (Sorry about that Kd)
- Super Secret Map system
- 3D World Map system
- Enhanced Trainer Card & PokeGear
- In-battle screen shots[/SPOILER]

~ CP

Those are all excellent features for a RMXP game, and I wish you succeed CP. Do you have any updates to show us though?

CollosalPokemon

What's next?
Years
@> Hall Of Famer:

Actually, I do. Sorry it took so long for the reply.

I recently updated the thread, mostly just reconfiguration and not actual updates, however, I did include the first screenshot of Origin's Dual Screen feature, the title screen:

Pkmn_Origin_00024235jd9fH.jpg

As well as a logo for something new called the CDS! :

DS!%20Logo.jpg

And a simple support Banner (Finally) :

Origin_Icon.jpg

This is mostly all of the new stuff...

Birdybot

-insert witty phrase here-
Years
Wow, this has come a long way. I might be able to do some composing for you, I'll PM you the form when we manage to get the software working on my laptop. :)

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
I have to say that I don't like the resolution of the screen, it is too streched and the frame around it annoys me a bit. Also showing a title screen still doesnt show much proof of a functioning dual screen, anyone can easily make that screenshot in paint or any other program. I'm beginning to doubt the existance of the dual screen as you haven't shown much proof of it.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 4, 2016
@> Hall Of Famer:

Pkmn_Origin_00024235jd9fH.jpg
To be quite frank with you mate. I don't like it. I wouldn't play the game with that ugly, fat, pixelated logo in the middle, especially when it sticks out onto the game screen. And I hope the border is optional, because it doesn't add to the "niceness".

CollosalPokemon

What's next?
Years
Luka S.J. and Alexandre said:
I have to say that I don't like the resolution of the screen, it is too streched and the frame around it annoys me a bit. Also showing a title screen still doesnt show much proof of a functioning dual screen, anyone can easily make that screenshot in paint or any other program. I'm beginning to doubt the existance of the dual screen as you haven't shown much proof of it.

To be quite frank with you mate. I don't like it. I wouldn't play the game with that ugly, fat, pixelated logo in the middle, especially when it sticks out onto the game screen. And I hope the border is optional, because it doesn't add to the "niceness".
You know, I would normally reply angerly to such a...ehrm, "childish" comments, but not today. I understand you guys already made a Dual Screen script before me, I'm fine with that. I could actually say numerous nasty things about Blue Chrome, but I won't stoop to such a miniscule level.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
I'm just having my doubts, I personally don't care about it's looks, but do think that the screen is a bit too streched compared to its height. I don't want to be putting anyone off. I had high hopes for this game, and i'm just left dissapointed with the lack of visual aid. You didn't post any updates for a long time and the newest screenshot is just of the title screen, which for me isn't much.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 27, 2021
here are my thoughts on this. I agree that the resolution could be a bit smaller. but by no means am I taking their side. your right they could have said it in a better manner. I too want to see more proof of the dual screen, not because I dont believe but because I want to see your game in the dual screen mode thingy lol. but again they were a bit mean about it

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
Ok...I would like to give you some friendly advice. You should resize the height of your game window to at least 640 pixels. That's my height, and I'm still having alot of trouble fitting in all the things needed. You do need that extra height, especially if the screenshot was taken in essentials 480 x 320 resolution. I don't think that you'll be able to fit the complicated things such as a battle system into that window. It's a bit too small.

HeavyOctillery

Locked & Loaded
Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2018
A dual screen thing for XP? That's definitely innovative. Is it an emulator, or is it just for Origin? Either way, you've given me a reason to keep an eye on this.

EDIT: This appears to be my 100th post. Um, yay. :P

CollosalPokemon

What's next?
Years
@> Luka S.J. and Pokemon OI

Here is a brand new shot, map-wise this time. Including a brand new thing, Trainer Stars like Pt but on the bottom screen of maps so you can keep track of the stars you have:

pokorigindstown.jpg

The black border is also new, but not necessary. Using an app for the DS Index you can skin it in the following colors, to add more personality to your game:

Opt. 1) Black
Opt. 2) Red
Opt. 3) Blue
Opt. 4) Yellow
Opt. 5) Green
Opt. 6) Purple

@> HeavyOctillery

It is not played on an emulator, just RMXP, but I plan on having a special feature to make it seem like your actually playing on a real DS.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I worked on a new thing for Origin today, and I would like to release it's website :

http://www.collosalpokemon.pokemondaisuki.com/Origin

The site has all the information from here, but it keeps the info in better-to-understand sections than simply on a single page.

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
Years
@> Luka S.J. and Pokemon OI

Here is a brand new shot, map-wise this time. Including a brand new thing, Trainer Stars like Pt but on the bottom screen of maps so you can keep track of the stars you have:

pokorigindstown.jpg

The black border is also new, but not necessary. Using an app for the DS Index you can skin it in the following colors, to add more personality to your game:

Opt. 1) Black
Opt. 2) Red
Opt. 3) Blue
Opt. 4) Yellow
Opt. 5) Green
Opt. 6) Purple

@> HeavyOctillery

It is not played on an emulator, just RMXP, but I plan on having a special feature to make it seem like your actually playing on a real DS.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I worked on a new thing for Origin today, and I would like to release it's website :

http://www.collosalpokemon.pokemondaisuki.com/Origin

The site has all the information from here, but it keeps the info in better-to-understand sections than simply on a single page.

Nice update CP, I really dig the new features. It appears that you are using the platinum tiles ripped directly from NO$GBA, and I suggest revamping them a little bit so they look less blurry(but not to take away the 3D visual effect).

Back