• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Origins

NovaStar

Team Malachite Spriter
Years
  • This sounds interesting (The main male character even has the same name as me). Well if I'm not too busy with spriting for Pokemon Malachite I guess I can help out with trainers and pokemon's backsprites.
    Here's some of my work from Malachite.
    th_GymLeader1Transparent.gif

Original/My Rendition
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Trainertransparent.gif

My Rendition/ Original

TeamMare29517053378-iaza.gif

-------------------------------------------------------------
    MalachiteSheet4-3.png

[Front Sprites aren't mine]

Last edited:

Tsukiyo

Pokemon Origin Crisis Lead
    Years
  • tomatoman and NovaStar - Thank you both very much for offering to help out, but I'm not sure that your work is quite what I'm looking for.

Last edited:

Tsukiyo

Years
  • As I'm sure you guys can probably tell, I've hit a lot of roadblocks with this game. I'm starting to assume that there's some sort of loop I'm obviously not a part of, else the other teams have a secret that their not too keen on sharing.
    (It's a conspiracy, I swear! AAAAAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!)

But! That does not mean that I won't come up with my own solution. I'm having great difficulty putting a reliable team together, but I AM still looking. I have high hopes for this project, and therefor no intention of letting it vanish into oblivion without even so much as a working demo.

I WILL keep working at this until Origins has earned itself a spot in The Showcase. In the meantime, though, I am recruiting once again.

Years
    • Age 30
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 10, 2020
    I think your biggest problem is that you're taking on too much at once, while at the same time relying on other people to pick up your slack! I really love your concept and your ideas for this game, but as the developer, you have got to take responsibility for the majority of what goes on. That means especially coding! Projects without a coder tend to flounder and then die, so I highly recommend you learn a bit of RGSS yourself and then ask more expert coders for help with your more advanced scripts.

As for fakemon, you've got a pretty good concept artist here, looks like! You're short a spriter, though, which might be the most important thing for a fangame. Look all over, and be willing to look a bit lower and more obscure; many people have talents that are waiting to be discovered. Ask around, especially on Deviantart. And correspond frequently with all of your team members (using instant messenger to communicate is better than PM/VM/thread posts, trust me).

Really, what it takes is dedication, direction, and inspiration! You seem pretty inspired and dedicated, so it's up to you to take it where it needs to go.

Tsukiyo

Years
  • At present, I'm more focused on the 'skeleton' of the project. That is to say that I am actively searching for concept artists and spritists rather than directing the majority of my attention at locating a scripter. My programming knowledge is minimal at best, and only in the Python language. While it certainly wouldn't hurt to learn a bit of coding myself, I will undoubtedly have to bring someone on board for the more difficult scripts, as you mentioned. However, I am not focused primarily on that just yet because I figure it'll much more likely to attract the attention of a skilled and dedicated programmer if they've already got something to work with.

Perhaps, though, it wouldn't be a bad idea to at least start setting up the basic structure of the game, adding in the sprites/tiles/etc. as they become available.

The concept artist responsible for the drawing in my signature, which is what I assume you're referring to, quit due to lack of time after just a few sketches. The colorist, however, is still around, so that's certainly a plus.

DeviantART is where I do the majority of my recruiting, and I always request an IMer for contact. However, I plan on setting up a private forum so that all of the team members can discuss the project together, rather than me being the only link between them.

In any case, I certainly appreciate the advice, and I'm glad the concept appeals to you!

On another note, the trainer sprite in your signature is fantastic. Did you create it?

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2016
    This is nice. I just got one question, Controller of Fate, what is it? And I'll be happy to help you!

Tsukiyo

Years
  • Hmm...I'm not entirely sure I understand the question.
    Also, in what way would you like to help?

Back