• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Outlaw

Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2015
    Great hack. It's been a while since I fully completed a game of Pokémon, but with this one I just couldn't put it down. Especially after I got a shiny Drowzee, my first legitimate shiny catch ever, I was fully committed to playing this one all the way through.
    I was a bit saddened by the fact that there wasn't any postgame content as I would have liked to try and catch all the legendaries as well. But the ramped up difficulty of the League through the variation of type coverage made the ending quite satisfying nonetheless.
    Thanks for this, man!

Crizzle

Legend
    Years
    Great hack. It's been a while since I fully completed a game of Pokémon, but with this one I just couldn't put it down. Especially after I got a shiny Drowzee, my first legitimate shiny catch ever, I was fully committed to playing this one all the way through.
    I was a bit saddened by the fact that there wasn't any postgame content as I would have liked to try and catch all the legendaries as well. But the ramped up difficulty of the League through the variation of type coverage made the ending quite satisfying nonetheless.
    Thanks for this, man!

Thanks so much for playing. I had no idea what to expect when I released this hack. It's great to see that so many have enjoyed it.

i have finished the game! The game was so funny and amazing!

Thank you so much. You're awesome.

Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2015
    I just download the game and the vba emulator and every time I try to open the game I get errors of no image files and unsupported files. Was I suppose to do something else? Can you leave a step by step of what I should play this game? Thanks.

MachoPony

Resident Brony
    Years
    Just finished a nuzelocke of this with no less than 12 deaths, some places (i'm looking at you Koga and May's sceptile too) are just UNFORGIVING i swear may's sceptile took out half my team INCLUDING A FEAROW (2 of those pokemon i had since pewter city so it was a pretty hard loss) though the game did teach me 2 things
    1. Snorlax OP
    2. I underestimated Electrode and Tentacruel

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2021
    For anyone running a Mac that's having trouble on patching the file here's what you have to do.

(remove the spaces from the links, i can't post links cus I'm new here)

Download Crizzle's Pokemon Outlaw ".ups" file
    Download an unmodified/unhacked Fire Red ".gba" file (the one on doperoms*dot*com worked for me)

Go to this site and download the multi patch.

projects.sappharad.
    com/tools/multipatch .html

There are instructions on the site but if you're confused.
    The first bar is for the "ups" file
    The second bar is for the ".gba" file
    The third bar is just for where you want to save Pokemon Outlaw and naming it.

If you followed the instructions correctly you should have Pokemon Outlaw.gba or whatever you decided to name it.
    I use Visual Boy Advance as my emulator and it works for me.
    Cheers!

P.S.
    Any update on the Emerald hack? Pretty excited and i'm sure it will be a great one as well. :D

Crizzle

Legend
    Years
    Any update on the Emerald hack? Pretty excited and i'm sure it will be a great one as well. :D

I've only just begun, but I've got big plans for it. This will be different than Outlaw(not Outlaw 2) but it'll have the some of the same kind of dark happenings/dark humor that this Outlaw has. I'm not sure if it'll be as funny as Outlaw but it'll probably be a better overall hack than Outlaw. (Outlaw was pretty much my first attempt at ROM hacking).

Just finished a nuzelocke of this with no less than 12 deaths, some places (i'm looking at you Koga and May's sceptile too) are just UNFORGIVING i swear may's sceptile took out half my team INCLUDING A FEAROW (2 of those pokemon i had since pewter city so it was a pretty hard loss) though the game did teach me 2 things
    1. Snorlax OP
    2. I underestimated Electrode and Tentacruel

You finished this game nuzlocke style? Even the final battles? WOW. Impressive! You're awesome. I didn't know if you caught it or not but there was a brony joke in the hack(one of the trainers after you beat them). Hope you weren't too offended by that one.

I just download the game and the vba emulator and every time I try to open the game I get errors of no image files and unsupported files. Was I suppose to do something else? Can you leave a step by step of what I should play this game? Thanks.

My personal step by step
    1)Download my .ups file in 1st post attachments(it's a .zip file, so you have to extract the ups file from it)
    2)Get clean(unused) FireRed ROM.
    3)Download Tsukuyomi UPS patcher.
    4)Open Tsukuyomi UPS.
    5) Click apply patch to existing file.
    6) Select .ups file as "ups file to apply". Choose firered ROM for "target file to apply patch you"
    7) Click "Apply patch"
    8)There should be some message telling you to wait, then a message saying it was successful.
    [Optional]- Rename patched ROM to Pokemon Outlaw(keep the .gba extension of course)
    9) Enjoy the game on emulator.

Also more thing, check out OPERATIONiDROID for Pokemon Outlaw. He put it on his website and he has a youtube vid helping people with GBAforiOS play. It's REALLY helpful.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2021
    Saw in this thread that you can evolve Kadabra using a Moonstone.
    Just wondering if that's exclusive to Alakazam or it also works on other pokemon like Graveler, Machoke, etc.

Crizzle

Legend
    Years
    Wheres the moon stone? Great hack so far man. Thanks.

Celadon Dept Store. They're FREE.

Saw in this thread that you can evolve Kadabra using a Moonstone.
    Just wondering if that's exclusive to Alakazam or it also works on other pokemon like Graveler, Machoke, etc.

All gen 1 and 2 trade evos are now moon stone evos in the current Outlaw(it was updated in early july)

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2015
    I'm having trouble getting this to work with MyBoy for android, I'm not sure how to go about patching roms on my device, don't currently have a pc available.

Is there anything that anyone can suggest, as I really want to play this.

Cheers.

Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2015
    Really loving this hack, and laugh at almost all the dialogue. But i have come across the dreaded thunderbolt glitch (the one where the sound keeps happening even after the battle is done) while battling Sabrina. I was just wondering if theres any way to fix this? Thanks.

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2015
    Hey man. Just been watching your ROM on YouTube and decided to play it myself instead. Whenever I try to patch my Fire Red though it comes up as your hack not being compatible with VBA. Help?

Says it's an unsupported file type if that helps you at all.

EDIT: Got it working now. Thanks!

Last edited:

Infinitum

╭━━╮╱╱╭━? ??╱╱╱╱╭╮╱? ?╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱ ╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱? ??╭?
    Years
    Is this game fully completed? Is it a full storyline, and not a small game? Is it worth playing?

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2015
    I'm having trouble getting this to work with MyBoy for android, I'm not sure how to go about patching roms on my device, don't currently have a pc available.

Is there anything that anyone can suggest, as I really want to play this.

Cheers.

Update - Thought I had sorted it all, when patching I had to force it due to a crc32 error (not a clue what that means) but I'm assuming that it has something to with the fact that when I load it up it just freezes on a white screen.

Any help?

Crizzle

Legend
    Years
    Really loving this hack, and laugh at almost all the dialogue. But i have come across the dreaded thunderbolt glitch (the one where the sound keeps happening even after the battle is done) while battling Sabrina. I was just wondering if theres any way to fix this? Thanks.

I'm sorry, buddy. I'm not sure. If I'm not mistaken, this is glitch that occurs in the original Fire Red. Did you try keeping the sav file and using it on a new Outlaw ROM.

Is this game fully completed? Is it a full storyline, and not a small game? Is it worth playing?

Read the first post.
    Is it fully completed? Yes.
    Is it a full story? Yes.
    Is it worth playing? I dunno. You decide!

Update - Thought I had sorted it all, when patching I had to force it due to a crc32 error (not a clue what that means) but I'm assuming that it has something to with the fact that when I load it up it just freezes on a white screen.

Any help?

Check out my posts about Operationidroid.

RoreyG

Lizardon Man
    Years
    You said in the OP that you took out Mt. Moon and Viridian Forest. Did you do the same for the Rock Tunnel, Power Plant, Seafoam Islands? (What I really want to know in particular is if the Power Plant is still open for me to still catch an Electabuzz.)

Crizzle

Legend
    Years
    You said in the OP that you took out Mt. Moon and Viridian Forest. Did you do the same for the Rock Tunnel, Power Plant, Seafoam Islands? (What I really want to know in particular is if the Power Plant is still open for me to still catch an Electabuzz.)

Those places are still there. Though you don't have to go to Seafoam or Power Plant.

Back