• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Path

brendan mc

{}[][]Game Developer[][]{}
    Years
    ???
    i didnt understand a word you just said
    i know you dont meen to
    but your really laying it thick just see what the game turns out like first ok. (^^)

Blaze Dragon

Blazes of Wisdom
    Years
    i could just have written the game in croatian, i'm really trying, so please do not tell me that it oesn't give me the excuse.
    Well, you know that I´ve corrected all your grammar errors, and I´m Argentinian (We talk Spanish) so it isn´t an excuse. It is only that you are too lazy to see a ****ed Croatian-English dictionary.

D-Man

Hard Rock Hallelujah
    Years
    Blaze: you are totaly wrong, i wroted the text for the game 2 and a half years ago, when i begin working in game maker, so in these days i just inputed the text, that's why my grammar WAS bad. in next demo i wiil fix it

freundmon

View,Take notice,Take in,wait
    Years
    • Seen May 1, 2007
    Dashiel said:
    God, Its not like I'm flaming him or anything! All I'm saying is that bd grammr an spelin makz tings rlly bad an unprofezionals.

lol, everyone has to admit that that was funny... and to the point.

D-man, your english still isn't great. Proof? your last post. You wrote it and you began, but it's not a big deal, you don't HAVE to speak english to make a fangame in english. I'd be happy to look over the things you're going to script for you. I'll make all of the corrections that are necessary and PM it back to you. But only if you want.

P.S. are you the D-man from serebii that posted the tile rips?

Vipershark

What user title?
    Years
    Okay, Here's some tips to improve the game, and I will correct the text.

On the 1st screen with Prof. Oak, make his sprite a LOT bigger.
    The pokeballs in battles should look like this, not sideways.
    Pokemon Path

Try adding more detail into the battle backgrounds, or even use sprites. Maybe put the gym in the background or something, I dunno.
    Pokemon Path is kind of a boring name... How about Pokemon: Master's Path? One word improves the whole title.

Here's what the text should say.

Hello, and welcome to the beautiful world of Pokemon! You're about to begin your adventure as a Pokemon trainer. If you're ready, let's go! (Press Enter.) Here are three Pokemon for you to use. The grass type pokemon, Bulbasaur, the fire type pokemon, Charmander, and the water type, Squirtle. Your journey will now begin. Good luck! (Press Enter to start the game!)

At the world map:
    Your journey begins here, in Pallet Town. Here, you will start your journey to get all of the badges and become the Pokemon Master! (Press Enter to continue.)

There should be a battle with Gary here to show you how to fight...

In Viridian City:
    Hmph. Another beginner. You're wasting my time! Hurry up and leave already! Come back here when you have 7 badges. (Press Enter to continue.)

In Pewter City:
    My name's Brock. I'm the Pewter City Gym Leader. If you can beat me, you will get the Boulder Badge. Let's battle! (Press Enter to battle Brock.)

When you win:
    Congratulations. You've defeated my two best Pokemon. Here's your reward, the Boulder Badge! (Press Enter to continue)

Badge screen shows up:
    You got the Boulder Badge! (Press Enter to continue.)

That's all I'm going to do for now. Hopefully this helps...

Last edited:

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
    Years
    whats up with you 2 adn spellin?? (talkin about blaze D, and dash

anyway i like the new system,
    1 question can you catch wild pokemons?

battle system looks new, never seen 1 like that!
    do you move the pokemon??that would be cool!!

keep it up!!

Off topic:
    Well, you know that I´ve corrected all your grammar errors, and I´m Argentinian (We talk Spanish) so it isn´t an excuse. It is only that you are too lazy to see a ****ed Croatian-English dictionary.

dude you should really calm down, you cant say hes lazy when you dont know the facts (well techannally i dont either lol),
    and its a GAME! its not a harry potter book!

And look at youre first post in this thread, all you looked at is the mystakes, all the bad stuff

I mean you should look at the good stuff, its goot a new oraginal battle system,
    it has the orange islands, you can get all gym badges and more!!
    I play games for the fun, not for the grammer

Stick with spriting, that is your strong point
    (posted my blaze dragon)
    thats a sprit breaker :p
    dont listen to him, keep making this game!!

PS: blaze dragon, you forgto about full stops. lol

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    DarkDoom: don't worry about Blaze Dragon and Dashiel. They just like to make themselves look big by bossing others around.

D-Man: I hope they aren't bothering you too much, I think they are just trying to help.

I just wish their comments could be a bit more constructive.

Also, your battle system is new and different, but it doesn't look professional. I think your game would look a lot better if you worked a bit more on that.

Actually, you could try (to find) and use Mysterious Dungeon sprites, since your game does have many overworld features. And then again, you could try and make your own sprites. It's obvious that you're good at it.

Anyways, good luck with your game.

Back