• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokemon Pathways (1/29/24: Alpha 8.5.3)

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2023
    I'm at the end of the second week and just unlocked C-rank. Went into the fields and encountered a legendary. Below I typed out the error page that pops up before the game crashes. No idea of Legendary pokemon battles are in the game yet but I'm really enjoying what I've played so far and figured I'd make an account here to help report a bug/issue I found. I'm dyslexic so I hope I typed the error page correctly. I saved right before interacting with the Pokemon so my game play hasn't been effected any.
    Playing version 5.4

Script 'Interpreter' line 192: RuntimeError occured.

Script Error in event 7 (coords 22, 17), map 111 (Mt. Grassland): Exception: NameError

***Full script:
    Events.onWildPokemonCreate += proc [| sender, e|
    pkmn= e[0]
    pkmn.iv[PBStats::DEFENSE]=15
    pkmn.iv[PBStats::ATTACK]=15
    pkmn.iv[PBStats::SPEED}=15
    pkmn.calcStats

if $game_switches[31]
    pkmn.makeShiny
    end
    }
    pbWildBattle(:VIRIZION,10,1,false,true)

Backtrace:
    (eval):3:in `block in execute_script'
    035:Event_Handlers:53:in `block in trigger'
    035:Event_Handlers:53:in `each'
    035:Event_Handlers:53:in `trigger'

Years
  • I found a bug in lush forest when pushing a boulder
    Pokemon Pathways (1/29/24: Alpha 8.5.3)

Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2023
    It seems you've been quite busy lol Lets see if I can give you some satisfactory answers!

Yeahh, The work function needs more work(punitive) . Its a bit broken atm. I suppose I could make it inaccessible until it does work, so we'll see.

For now there isn't many fish Pokemon around for you to catch. This will be changed in the near future. I will however be making a wild gyrados event for players to catch in one of the C-Rank floor fields.

Only those 3 for now. Soon, ALL classmates you'll be able to build affinity with. The 3 you currently can build affinity with is still currently being adjusted, but there will be more for sure!

Hmm, This does seem like a problem. It might have something to do with Mimikyu data. I'll look further into this.

Fixed in the next update!

oh dang, yep that needs to be taken care of lol. The Alpha basically ends once you reach S class so I didn't expect people to play beyond that. Sorry! The next update will fix this and continue beyond S class!

Thanks for taking the time to report all of this. The next update will be just that much better if I can squash these bugs! Hope you've mostly been enjoying the pathways experience so far!

Hey, so I have the same issue re my lucario not getting any exp and the same error message popping up. Means I can't use him gah. But thanks so much for the game, it's good fun, really innovative and has great potential.

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2023
    The rom is quite fun but I have two questions. First where is the move relearner and second how do I upgrade fields of previous class such as upgrading field for class d while being in class c and so on?

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2023
    Hey, just finished what's out so far and I have to say this is the best fan game I've played, just wondering where the development for the next update is?

Gray-_-Hatred

Choose how you live
    Years
  • Hey, just finished what's out so far and I have to say this is the best fan game I've played, just wondering where the development for the next update is?

Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed what you play so far. Next update is on April 1st. For more details join the discord!

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2023
    im confused because when i try to go in my dorm it says lygn is waiting for me in the cafetreria but i checked both accesible cafeterias but i cant seem to find lygn so i cant enter my dorm room so i cant get a pokemon

Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2023

OVERVIEW

____________________________________________________________________________________​

For Generations, Pokemon has been a game where you get your starter from the professor,
    catch wild Pokemon, Beat the gym leaders, defeat the elite 4 and inevitably become Champion.
    Maybe you even get a legendary or two during your journey. All of this is known as the typical
    Pokemon game format. Today, I bring you something different.. Unique, so to speak. This project is currently
    being worked on by two people. Both of us enjoyed the creation of this game and this is the first game we ever made and released.
    We hope you all enjoy playing it.
    Without further delay!

________________________________________________________________________________________________________​

FEATURES & SCREENSHOTS
    _________________________________________________________________________________________________________​

~ Player's Choice
    - A majority of in game outcomes are solely dependent on your choices alone.
    What you say, do and decide will dictate your future, just like real life.
    Spoiler:

~ Character Stats
    - Stats such as Intelligence, Strength, Charm and Skill
    are all calculated based on your choices in game. These stats also determine what
    you as an individual are capable of. Make a choice, and you'll see one of these stats effected.

Intelligence - Determines how smart the player is. It is needed to ascend to higher rank classes and discover the unknown.
    Strength - Determines how physically strong the player is. It is needed to move, make or break objects!
    Charm - Determines how attractive the player is. It is needed to increase success when flirting and to encounter Legendary Pokemon!
    Skill - Determines the player's abilities as a Pokemon trainer. It is needed to unlock more wild Pokemon and Trainers to battle!

Spoiler:

~ Energy - A character stat that determines how many actions you are able to do in a day. Various activities will consume your Energy.
    You will be notified once your Energy is low, and once it is low enough, you will have the choice to sleep and start the next day.

~ Interactions - Not necessarily a character stat, but still effected by player actions. It determines the game's time of day.
    Essentially, the more interactions you make in a day, the more time has passed. It is reset everyday.
    Spoiler:

~ Reputation - Positive and Negative alignment based on your choices in game. Some may be good, others not so much.
    The same person may say different things to you depending on your level of Reputation.
    Spoiler:

~ Academy Perks - Winning Club activities will grant you different perks that are permanent!
    There are 13 in total but you can only have two so choose wisely!
    Spoiler:

~ NPC Affinity - Some of the NPC's in your class are students you can bond with. These NPC's will give you a variety of things.
    Their affinity with you is displayed when interacted with. You may talk and battle with them daily, and will be able to unlock future interactions as well.
    Spoiler:

~ Schooling System - You are at an academy with your own dorm room. You are expected to complete homework on time and attend class Monday - Friday.
    Failure to do so will result in a detention. Getting enough Detentions and skipping detentions skipped will ultimately lead to your expulsion.
    Spoiler:

~ Save Points - You are only able to save the game when you sleep to start a new day or visit poke centers. No more saving wherever and whenever!
    This feature is to force you to think about your choices because there is no going back and redoing, unless you're willing to forfeit a days worth of progress.
    Spoiler:

~ Multiple Save Files - You are able to have multiple games saved!
    This gives you the option to see and experience the many different choices and outcomes available in Pokemon Pathways without having to lose your main progress!
    Spoiler:

Shout to all the people who went out of their way to make videos showcasing the game!

GAME DOWNLOAD

____________________________________________________________________________________

Thank you for everyone who has downloaded the game and tested the alpha up to this point, and also to everyone who will download from this point on.
    There shouldn't be anything wrong with this latest release, but of course if there is feel free to comment about it here and we'll get to it ASAP.
    Again, Thank You for Playing!

Pokemon Pathways Alpha 5.4 Google drive Download

NOTE! If you're updating the game and not wanting to start a new game, make sure you save in the pokemon center!
    By doing this, you will prevent mixing compiled data from older versions to your new game!

_____________________________________​
    CHANGELOG
    Spoiler:

KNOWN BUGS
    Spoiler:

SUPPORT
    Spoiler:

CREDITS
    Spoiler:

[/QUO

Can you guys tell me where to download

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2023
    Can somebody help me because i have 2 issues
    1. sometimes the game runs very slowly - lagging especially when you are outside instead when you are inside a building
    2. where i can find hm04 strength

Gray-_-Hatred

Choose how you live
    Years
  • Sorry guys, My PC corrupted recently before I could get out the update. LYGN lost all the data and we're unable to continue working on pathways :( Its been a tough week and there's been a lot that happened but if you want to learn more, see below...

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2023
    Pokemon Pathways v6.1

My game keeps crashing when I receive a bottle cap from the iv trainer. Specifically, i receive a runtime error .

Gray-_-Hatred

Choose how you live
    Years
  • 4/2/2023 | Alpha 6.1.2 | Fixes & Changes

- Added different berries appearing for every day of the week
    - fixed IV medicine not giving proper stats
    - fixed fist fight with esrever looping
    - rowlet crash fixed
    - fixed crash from Training den Instructor

----------------------------------------------

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2023

Pokemon Pathway v6.1

Crashing when I try to purchase (or obtain through getting lucky) a bottlecap.

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2023
    kind of wished there was a stat for strength, intelligence, charm, and skill for the starting out like for the quiz i kind of want to know how each is influenced

Years
    • Seen May 12, 2024
    plz help I'm in B rank i have enough knowledge and skill to take the final exam but the only option i get is to battle the teacher who for some reason wipes out my whole team which is level 65 with his first Pokémon that I've never seen in my life please help me also if there's a way to level up faster like a debug mode please let me know

Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2023
    I partnered with an npc and we lost a battle and now i can't seperate with her because i can't see the character but she joins the battle. I tried to partner up with other characters they keep saying i have a partner. Please let me know the solution

Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2023
    Don't know if you already know, but Aran's call system links to Arika's Instead of her own

Speaking of How does the affinity actually work.

Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2023
    Game crashes if you talk to the move deleter before you get a pokemon. I didn't test, but suspect the same is true for the rest of the people in that building.

Back