• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Pokemon Pia Discussion Thread - New Pokemon

G3RM

Trainer
Years
  • Pokemon Pia has just been released and this thread is to discuss any info we get from the 60 or so pages

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Just posting to say that this is allowed.

Pokemon Pia Discussion Thread - New Pokemon

^ Is a possible Shikijika evolution next to the yellow letters. You guys can speculate on whether you think it's an evolution for that or something else entirely. Also, in Pokemon Pia, it was revealed that Isshu was based off NY.

Also;
    The rest of the character art reveals that Musharna opens its eyes and stands up when it is awake, that Pokabu's tail catches fire when it is attacking, and that Victini's ears flare up.
    ^ From PokeBeach.

It also contains an interview with Ken Sugimori regarding the starter evolutions and design for the starters. Also, apparently this was the magazine which gave info on how to get the Kanto starters so...!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • one of the pokemon below the letters looks like the evo of Shikijika but there seems to be another pokemon along with it or that's it's tail from a different angle..

NovaStar

Team Malachite Spriter
    Years
  • With the info given in this article. That says...

"Sugimori: I worried about it for a while, and I eventually went to go see the sea otters at the aquarium. I happened to catch the sea lion show while I was there, and I became aware of the sea lion's power. "Well, let's try blending a sea otter and a sea lion," I thought. I came up with the idea of making the shell on Mijumaru's stomach into a sword (katana) and using it to fight, and that's how I completed Mijumaru and its evolution."

We can safely say (although it was obvious to some) that the previously "leaked" stater evo's are fake.

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2016
    well at least we now know that the starter evolutions we saw a while ago are now proven fake. there was an interview with the artist in the magazine and the descriptions he gives of the final evolutions dont match those of the leaked ones. im relieved by this because those leaked evos were horrid in my opinion

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    It looks like an evo of the green cloaked Shikijika to me, you can see the yellow part is the inside of the ear and it has leaves on its back

So this could mean they only have one evolution that changes season-to-season, or possibly four evolutions (don't know how that'd work). Either way it's interesting.

Years
  • well at least we now know that the starter evolutions we saw a while ago are now proven fake. there was an interview with the artist in the magazine and the descriptions he gives of the final evolutions dont match those of the leaked ones. im relieved by this because those leaked evos were horrid in my opinion
    Well it doesn't mean that they are fake, some parts actually match...
    I hope we get the full Shikijika evo in Corocoro this week :)

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2016

Well it doesn't mean that they are fake, some parts actually match...
    I hope we get the full Shikijika evo in Corocoro this week :)

can u tell me where in the article when there were some matches. cuz i believe it said that the grass starters(im no good with names) final evo would be western based (the fake doesnt look western). the water starters final evo changed the shell on its stomach into a sword (the fake does not). as for the fire starter final evo, im not completely sure about.

Years
  • can u tell me where in the article when there were some matches. cuz i believe it said that the grass starters(im no good with names) final evo would be western based (the fake doesnt look western). the water starters final evo changed the shell on its stomach into a sword (the fake does not). as for the fire starter final evo, im not completely sure about.
    Well go to the unconfirmed pokemon thread and you will see...also the shell can change to it's head it didn't say that it stayed in it's stomach or anything, plus Tsutarja might be Western in that it look royal like the europeans...

gregory_turner420

Trainer/Breeder
    Years
  • i really hope those awful designs are not the final evo's. there just terrible
    that looks like a giant bush with an ear to me...but im partially blind so yay partial eared bush

Nugg

Le Diable Blanc
    Years
  • From the looks of it, it is most likely Shikijika's evolution. Looks like Shikijika with a bush on its back though..

Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2011
    For Mijumaru's last evo, and the way the magazine drew samurai comparisons, its not that hard to imagine it.

I think if this is all true, the final evo will be able to grab that horn shell thing on its head and use it as a katana, and possibly stand on it's two back legs.

Pokemon Pia Discussion Thread - New Pokemon

Looking at it with that thought makes it seem possible.
    But also sort of hilarious, of course.

Years
  • Hopefully it's just not a bigger Shikijika. Also I don't think CoroCoro is going to release anymore new Pokémon are they? The game is coming out pretty soon, in about a week actually.
    Edit: Hopefully the first stage evolution doesn't have that teal skin..

gregory_turner420

Trainer/Breeder
    Years
  • i just dont see the katana shape or design at all in its horn, and for a sea lion/otter thingy it more reminds me of Nessy and a Norwhal got freaky, but i might come around

vibratingcat

new username, razzbat
    Years
  • Hopefully it's just not a bigger Shikijika. Also I don't think CoroCoro is going to release anymore new Pokémon are they? The game is coming out pretty soon, in about a week actually.
    Edit: Hopefully the first stage evolution doesn't have that teal skin..
    i would be surprised if they didn't put any new info in. They usually keep putting in info even after a games release.
    on topic, from the screen, it does just look like a bigger shikijika. maybe type change depending on season as well?

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I can see it being a Shikijika evolution, and from the part that we can see, it looks like it will be fluffy. o3o
    Like some people have mentioned, the ears look a lot like the summer Shikijika. Then if you take a look at the part of the body, it has the light yellow dots that they all have.

I don't think they would all have an evolution each but instead, the one that we can partially see will change colors during seasons to match them. It makes sense, since to have four different evolutions depending on the season is crazy and they all look the same besides the color.
    I would like to see the turnout of this pokémon though. A fluffy deer, I'd wonder how that would turn out to be.

Back