• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Pokemon platinum english release

Schala_25

Denizen of the Darkness
    Years
    Awesome, if its coming out in March, I can get it for my birthday! (Or at least use my birthday money for it, since it technically comes out after my birthday.) I can't wait!

Years
    This is still unconfirmed, as there is nothing on any other site about it, it's by a company that is closing a ton of stores, the image could be photoshopped, and although I support it coming early, March seems a bit too early...

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    This is great news. I was getting worried that it would not release until mid year 09 or something.

Years
    Good, just a few days after my birthday, so I might actually be able to get this as soon as its released^^

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    eh, i liked the Ruined World better, Distortion World sounds alittle.....................................meh

and whats up with Looker? thats sounds so gay

wait..........it comes out in march?!?!!?!!! AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also like how they called Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina titans since Giratina isn't really considered a deity, although some people do consider it a "Pokemon of death"

Years
    This is still unconfirmed, as there is nothing on any other site about it, it's by a company that is closing a ton of stores, the image could be photoshopped, and although I support it coming early, March seems a bit too early...
    um, okay, I agree that maty not be true, but it HAS been confired that that is the cover art, and it will be released sometime in Spring 09. So...yeah.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021

Its on like every website pokemon related right now and this is the box art. Its not too early either. It only about a month of the expected release dates that people came up with.

Years
    um, okay, I agree that maty not be true, but it HAS been confired that that is the cover art, and it will be released sometime in Spring 09. So...yeah.
    Its on like every website pokemon related right now and this is the box art. Its not too early either. It only about a month of the expected release dates that people came up with.
    Yes, but where is the proof it is the true boxart?
    I mean, it's likely and all, but it is unconfirmed.
    And it's not on Pokemon.com, yet, only on fansites like Serebii and Pokebeach, although I find them both reliable and trustworthy.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Have you ever heard the term leak. It is the same as the japanese box just in english and they are always pretty much the same. Pokemon.com only shows released games anyway.

Years
    Yes, but where is the proof it is the true boxart?
    I mean, it's likely and all, but it is unconfirmed.
    And it's not on Pokemon.com, yet, only on fansites like Serebii and Pokebeach, although I find them both reliable and trustworthy.
    Heres a tip-look it up elsewhere. Pokemon.com isnt exactly the most reliable source when it comes to the games. I mean, the box art has been all over the place for a long time, and considering D/P came out in April...07, I belive? It is belivable. And its already out in Japan, so my guess is that if it doesnt come out in March, it will be sometime in the summer or fall, since Platinum was released in Japan in Fall, and some Pokemon games are known to come out in Summer.

Elusive

]]~~~[[
    Years
    Lol. I think the name Pluto changing is due to Pluto not being a planet anymore. >_> Why have others named after planets when there's an odd one out?

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Lol. I think the name Pluto changing is due to Pluto not being a planet anymore. >_> Why have others named after planets when there's an odd one out?

I do keep forgetting that. Then they could have named him neptune or that other planet I think i am forgetting.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Man, I really hope these days fly by... (besides Xmas) and March 22 comes already!!! I want Platinum so bad!!!

Years
    Man, I really hope these days fly by... (besides Xmas) and March 22 comes already!!! I want Platinum so bad!!!
    dunno about you, but this year has really flown by for me. But I have a feeling time is gonna drag on when the New Year starts, since the release date is so close to my b-day

Ikwaylx

Man with 10000 pronounciations
    Years
    I saw this earlier, but I'm a not very keen about the English names for Handsome and Pluto. Pluto fits in with the whole idea with the admins being named after well known planets.
    I'm guessing they changed it since Pluto isn't a planet in the Solar System anymore and it'd seem odd.

As for Looker, it's alright, but it'll take a bit of adjusting to get used to it over Handsome.
    Distortion World is fine though and it makes sense.

Ryuu Akamatsu

Oh yeeeah!
    Years
    Three things.

1. The name Charon actually fits, since he's named after a moon. Moon's revolve around planets (Jupiter, Saturn and Mars are named after planets) which shows that he's a subordinate but an important one.
    2. I never thought Handsome was the weirdest codename ever.....then came the name Looker.
    3. Ruined World sounds better.

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
    It's official.

The metagame has been infected with cancer.
    We knew it was doomed from the start, and we could see it from the eyes protruding from Scizor's claws. But the question was, how long will it live?
    We have our answer.

Competitive Metagame
    September 1st, 1998 - March 22nd, 2009
    Lest We Forget

Metagame aside, yay, expanded WiFi and pre-Wake Gliscor! Squee! :D

Back