• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Platinum or Mystery Dungeon 3?

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2009
    platinum because its the main game. but if i still have the money after i buy platinum i will get PMD3

"Shadow Lugia"

Haven't used this in a while
    Years
    I really want both. Platinum is coming out soon in the US, but PMD3 hasn't even come out in Japan, yet. There should be a large enough gap to save enough money. If I had to choose, though, I'd say Platinum.

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    Well I'm getting Platinum no matter what either this month (if my friends remembers to import copy's for his shop) or on launch day here in the UK, i dunno if I'll be getting PMD3, i loved PMD1 but haven't yet finished PMD2 so it'll depend on weather or not i have finished it by it's release (and if im acting at that time, i seem to play less games when im acting).

TeirusuFX

-ω-
    Years
    MD3? I didn't even know that existed

I'm not a fan of not so different remakes, so it doesn't matter to me

Kuronoa

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
    The Japanese release for PMD3 is April 18th, 2009 and North America is currently To Be Announced.

Ahh, I see. Going by Platinum's Japanese and US release dates, (September 2008 and March 2009 respectively) it could be 6 months until a US release of the game, (making it October 2009) and a further 2 months (again, going by the UK release date of Platinum being May 2009) until released in the UK. (that'd make it December 2009)

Of course, it could be different. Assumptions on previous games of the same series, it was 7 months between the Japanese and US releases of the PMD2 games, and 3 months between the US and UK releases. Which could mean an early 2010 release of the game for the UK.

I like assuming release dates. ~

Though I failed on Platinum's; I believe I assumed that wouldn't be out until September/October, in the UK... XD

CHG-Swampert

Do not make Wigglytuff Laugh
    Years
    I'm getting Mystery Dungeon 3 definitely. The first mystery dungeon is the one that got me to join CHG a while ago heh. Got me back into pokémon even though i never really got out of it

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    Is it called MD3? I thought it was just an expansion on MD2's story...

Although I've already played Platinum (and MD2 for that matter), I'm more inclined to get Platinum. Seeing as it took me ages to finish the game in Japanese and to actually try to fully understand the storyline. I wouldn't have the time to go through Explorers of the Sky in Japanese anytime soon.

Adley

Tidiliboo
    Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    Platinum. Mystery Dungeon is fun, but you have to depend on your partner too much. Also, main storyline games are best

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2009
    hmm, i think i'll go with Platinum since i think thats the last nintendo is making with birds eye view map games :( since gamefreak went out of business :(.

Lockmaster24

Wise words of FizzyStardust
    Years
    I have already beat platnium and it took me abit... Plat is a more challanging D/P with extra features so it is really the same game... The only reason plat took me so long is cause it's jap and I don't read jap (which is the same reason i'm angry with mario and luigi RPG 3!!!) but still I would get platnium or if you think it through get a R4 or edge and then you have both :p

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    I've lost some interest in PMD after playing through the first one, so I have no choice but to buy Platinum.
    Plus, it's one of the main Pokemon games, and those are the only ones I still play nowadays.

Cynic Kaka

Credentials.
    Years
    I've been saving up for both, but since my mom demanded that I left $100 in the bank I could fall back on that if I ran out spontaneously (coughcoughlittlebrothercough) However, assuming my parents don't forget to give me allowance again, I should have enough to buy Platinum by it's launch date.

Onto the question... my answer is Platinum. I'm guessing that Explorers of the Sky is still a long way away from coming out... IN AMERICA!!

Don't steal Bandit Keith's catchphrase. It's not cool.

Honestly, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of the Sky has the same exact storyline as Darkness and Time, but with a few add-ins.

Platinum comes out in 9 days....in America :P

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    I'm getting PMD3 for sure. PMD2 had a fantastic storyline and I really could buy the game just to see what happens to Grovyle and Dusknoir and also how the guild was bulit.

Honestly the storyline in PMD2 is honestly better then anything Nintendo has thought of before.

Back