• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Platinum hack: Pokemon Platinum Pro

How hard is this?

• Easy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Medium

• Hard

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Pro

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2022
    Last patch has been incorporated into OP. I hope there are no more freezing issues and thx SevenChurches for all the help!! I hope you all get to beat cynthia, and yes you can rematch the E4 only their pokes will be at lv 100 the second time around after they are initially defeated. FYI check spoiler tags in OP

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    I finally beat Cynthia after at least a dozen of attempts. That was agonizing. I got lucky, Togekiss put her 3rd Pokemon to sleep and then Alakazam set up Calm Mind twice and then got a sweep going. Alakazam was level 97, overleveled, but so necessary. RNG easily could've screwed me over. That 3rd Pokemon waking up sooner and KOing me, or her final one getting a Critical Hit, bypassing my boosts. I had already been taking long breaks from the game because this challenge was too much for me. I'm relieved, until the rematches.

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2022
    Nice, I was contemplating giving deoxy a dark move, but decided against it. Also arceus and Shayman did not have their special moves cause they were not at the correct levels which hopefully will give people a chance. Anyway which Pokémon on her team gave you the most trouble and what levels were your Pokémon?

And congratulations on beating them for the first round :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    Nice, I was contemplating giving deoxy a dark move, but decided against it. Anyway which Pokémon on her team gave you the most trouble and what levels were your Pokémon?

And congratulations on beating them for the first round :)

Milotic: 100
    Lucario: 94
    Ursaring: 97
    Torterra: 88
    Togekiss: 199
    Alakazam: 97

Pretty much all of them were trouble, it depended on the situation. Palkia could wreck my team if it kept getting Critical Hits off Spacial Rend. Dialga would've wrecked my team if Lucario and Togekiss were down. Mewtwo's coverage, Arceus' coverage, Deoxys' sheer power. Shaymin's the only exception, namely because the first time I battled it, was when Alakazam had 2x Calm Mind boost, so it took its hits well and fired back hard.

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    Finally finished the game. Everyone's level 100.

Pokemon Platinum Pro

Kind of a cheap strategy, but effective. For the Pokemon League rematches, I had Togekiss lead by putting the first Pokemon to sleep. Switch to Alakazam, spam Calm Mind, sweeping time. This worked for Aaron and Bertha, could work for Flint and Lucian too. However, those 2 weren't as smooth, needing other team members to get involved after Alakazam got KO'd. For Cynthia, it was back to smooth sailing. Arceus, put to sleep, Alakazam spammed Calm Mind and KO'd everyone but Dialga. Lucario took care of Dialga, and that's it. Deoxys used Ice Beam, bringing Alakazam's HP to 4 (it was 66 from Arceus' Earthquake). Very close, if it KO'd Alakazam, I would've lost, easily.

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2022
    Finally finished the game. Everyone's level 100.

Pokemon Platinum Pro

Kind of a cheap strategy, but effective. For the Pokemon League rematches, I had Togekiss lead by putting the first Pokemon to sleep. Switch to Alakazam, spam Calm Mind, sweeping time. This worked for Aaron and Bertha, could work for Flint and Lucian too. However, those 2 weren't as smooth, needing other team members to get involved after Alakazam got KO'd. For Cynthia, it was back to smooth sailing. Arceus, put to sleep, Alakazam spammed Calm Mind and KO'd everyone but Dialga. Lucario took care of Dialga, and that's it. Deoxys used Ice Beam, bringing Alakazam's HP to 4 (it was 66 from Arceus' Earthquake). Very close, if it KO'd Alakazam, I would've lost, easily.

NICE!! And no using that method is not cheap, because this was what I wanted people to do. I wanted them to be strategic and also thx to you I changed certain things in the v2 update to disrupt a sweep and force the ai to use the moves I want it to use. Also I'm surprised aaron didn't use extreme speed when your alakazam was sweeping cause 2 of his Pokémon have it which should have 1 shotted your guy. But anyway I'm glad you spent time from your life to give this a go, it really means a lot, and congrats on your win!

The v2 is the final update so if anyone wants to use this game as a base for their own stuff they are free to do it. I actually only made this because sinisterhoodedfigure would not release a gen 4 kaizou game. Hopefully he does one or even one for gen 5 lol

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    Also I'm surprised aaron didn't use extreme speed when your alakazam was sweeping cause 2 of his Pokémon have it which should have 1 shotted your guy. But anyway I'm glad you spent time from your life to give this a go, it really means a lot, and congrats on your win!

Entei would use Extreme Speed after Alakazam got hit by Deoxys' Seismic Toss. When it's at full HP, nobody uses Extreme Speed. So when at least 60% Exp left, Alakazam could be KO'd by Extreme Speed, whether it be by Rayquaza or Entei.

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2023
    Alright I've finished the game, bar stark mountain stuff, so I think I can give a fair view on the game. Keep in mind that I played the game on set mode and didn't use reviving items + minimum healing items in battle (only fair if I use some since trainers spam full restores like crazy).

My final team was Rhyperior, Scizor, Salamence, Skuntank, Breloom, Starmie. I also had a Torterra up until the third gym, and a Rotom up until the Galactic Cyrus.

In all honesty, I'm not sure what I think of the game. I certainly poured a lot of hours into it, but partially because of boredom. The early game was entirely unfair to Turtwig users, with the 2nd trainer having full restores, 4 Pokemon and a Beldum which fully walls Turtwig. The two ace trainers on route 215 with like 10-12 fully competitive Pokemon, in the rain, came out of nowhere, and although I like the concept, imo it was too early in the game to throw that (especially with the Raikou) and it's never touched on again (not even with the galactic multi-battle at Spear Pillar). The sailor in the Pastoria gym and the ace trainer in the Canalave gym (the ones that used to freeze the game) were inexcusable imo. Their surprise difficulty puts many other important trainer fights to shame, especially when they have cover legendaries, one of which is an essential part of the story's plot. This is the "12 year old on battle spot" mentality, where throwing legendaries at the player would seem to make the game more difficult. It does, but not in a good way. It sets the bar way too high when the game only reaches that level of consistent difficulty at the Elite Four.

Many important trainers don't even stick to their theme near the end of the game; Candice's highest level Pokemon was a Blastoise (though I did like that she was a doubles battle), Volkner had two electric types (Zapdos, Rotom appliances and Electivire are all viable...) but the Elite Four was ridiculous. Cynthia can have a pass even though her team is just semi-uninspired legend spam, since she doesn't have a theme in the original. But Aaron and Bertha don't have a SINGLE Bug or Ground type respectively between them. Hell, Bertha's lead is a Kyogre, the exact opposite of what her team is meant to be. There are plenty of viable Pokemon which fit the ground/sand team archetype. Flint had a sun team which is reasonable, but not nearly enough Pokemon to abuse the sun (iirc Moltres was on Lucien's team!). And because most of the psychic legendaries are wasted on other Elite Four members/Cynthia, Lucien's strongest Pokemon are a Giratina and a Darkrai, the opposite of psychic types. Galactic Cyrus got easier every time I fought him, to the point where I feel like if you just tweaked his original team members, it would have been more of a challenge. Also, the whole "no grinding is needed" thing is misleading. In my playthrough, I battled every trainer and generally fight a lot of wild Pokemon too just by travelling along routes, and I still spend several hours grinding on a few occasions.

There are positives though. Battles in the early/mid game felt difficult because they legitimately were. The galactic commanders, Fantina, Maylene all gave me a run for my money. The third rival fight and Wake even caused me to white out a couple of times (though I feel like that's partially because of additions this game makes, like Water/Dragon Milotic and Drizzle Politoed). Not sure if this is a good thing, but there are Pokemon at the start of the game which can make it a cakewalk. Speed Boost Blaziken, Water/Dragon Gyarados who finally has a powerful physical stab, all the psuedos in Wayward Cave, stuff like Scizor, Gengar, Togekiss, Alakazam (which I see above has Magic Guard)... although I haven't tried most of these Pokemon in a playthrough of this game, I can only imagine how much easier it would make it compared to my team. Though it was fun actually getting results with Pokemon like Skuntank and Rhyperior (Breloom felt like dead weight towards the end, partially due to no Spore). Scizor was 100% the team's MVP. In terms of whiteouts, I whited out like 4 times against the 2nd trainer with the Beldum, once more in Eterna Forest, twice to the Hearthome Barry fight, twice to the Ace Trainers doubles battle, twice to Crasher Wake, once to both the Sailor and the Ace Trainer that I mentioned above, once to Bertha and once to Cynthia. Think I reset against Fantina as well.

Sorry for the essay, but I've put a lot of time into this game and I hope you find my feedback useful.

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2023
    My team were all level 85/86 at the end of it btw. Would have preferred if the wild Pokemon in general were higher levelled, since in Victory Road especially they're 25 levels lower than the weakest Elite Four member's Pokemon, but I guess that overlevelling wouldn't be fun either.

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2022
    Nice and congratulations. I appreciate you taking time to try this out, Also the trainers that freeze the game were fixed in my v2 update. Giving them legends freezes the game so v2 not only gives more balance but no freezes. The only reason I gave the e4 legendary Pokémon is due to the volume of all the other trainers roster throughout the game they were the only Pokémon that were un-Used and I don't like re-using Pokémon as you can tell.

My only question to you is how difficult did you find this hack? And if you got time walk me through your e4 battle I would love to read it :)

The goal of this hack was to make people THINK how they will dismantle the enemy's team strategically instead of using brute force or being overlevelled. In order for me to achieve this certain pokemon trainers roster needed to be modified an have their theme weakness covered. If I made you do this then I count this hack a success, since that's what someone else had to do to win, although he was kinda overlevelled, which was ok(means he lost a lot ).

When you get a chance check out my Pokémon black hack too :)

Last edited:

Lily Watermelon

supernova0080
    Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2021
    this is a really cool rom hack, i enjoyed hardcore nuzlocking this alot. took me way too many attempts but hey

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2020
    Hey @cloudforgiven, how come I can't patch the Version 2 patch to any Platinum NDS roms? I've tried a few different versions of Platinum, including the original version of Platinum Pro, but it always says incompatible UPS patch and if I force the UPS patch, the game doesn't work. What NDS file do I apply the patch to?

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2022
    this is a really cool rom hack, i enjoyed hardcore nuzlocking this alot. took me way too many attempts but hey

If you nuzlocked this were you successful? If so then you have got to be the greatest trainer of all time lol, since from my perspective it's impossible to nuzlock this hack without you know, action replay codes lol.

Hey @cloudforgiven, how come I can't patch the Version 2 patch to any Platinum NDS roms? I've tried a few different versions of Platinum, including the original version of Platinum Pro, but it always says incompatible UPS patch and if I force the UPS patch, the game doesn't work. What NDS file do I apply the patch to?

Sorry for the late response I was busy.

Check your pm. We are not allowed to give out rom links.
    fyi my patch links and all the files are working, I just successfully patch the game.

Also has anyone else tried this Rom out? I would love to hear ya'll experience. :)

Back