• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Pokemon Platinum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    Platinum is a fan-made G/S/C remake, and it's not related to Nintendo in any way, it's just a fan made game, that's all. This thing has been discussed a lot of times around the videogames boards :\

Years
    • Seen Mar 19, 2013
    I expect if it does come out it will most likely be a D/P remake, like emerald, yellow, and crystal. 'Cos that's generations 1, 2, and 3 so I wouldn't be suprised. And '09 does seem about time, so mabie this isn't genuine info, but mabie it's a start.

lostprophetsown

chatot,lucario and lance lover
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 30, 2013
    I expect if it does come out it will most likely be a D/P remake, like emerald, yellow, and crystal. 'Cos that's generations 1, 2, and 3 so I wouldn't be suprised. And '09 does seem about time, so mabie this isn't genuine info, but mabie it's a start.

a D/P remake u mean emerald yellow or crystal remake?

and btw that mag is really un reliable it mentioned something about munchlax being rarer than legendaries in 1 of the issues and also how you can get firemew by breeding warturtle with pidgey then the offpring with mew lol trust me some of the things in there are bull...

sorry to burst your bubble kids lol
    but thats actually the box for pokemon mystery dungeon explorers of darknes err somethin like that

heres proof
    clicky

actualy look at wat it says because he circled the bit what he was talking about in black because its on about pokemon mystery dungeon time and dark but then it mentions another one coming out in spring 09 so read what hes actually on about and dont just assume

Last edited:

Chibaymega12

Enemies of the Leaf Beware!
    Years
    either one: It's fake, and the people who put it in the magazine are just gullible. Or two, it's been leaked from Japan. I'd say number one, because only the trainer games are named after colors and gems (etc) and it would only have one pkmn on the cover. But who knows?

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2016
    For those that are saying that Platinum is a fan made game: It may already be fan made, but it is possible that Nintendo also thought of using that name for a game. That could definately be a possibility. And the fan made Platinum and the alledged real Platinum are not released on the same date.

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2023
    There has been NO real news from Nintendo about Pokemon Platinum. That IS the box art for one of the new Mystery Dungeon games.

Platinum, for the LAST time, is a fan made re-make of Johto. End of story.

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
    This is going to be hard to put into words..

Well, if Nintendo used all the memory to make the.. "database" of all the pokemon on D/P, then I'm sure it couldn't support a whole lot of new pokes, unless the story line sucked. That thing did say that it would be released in 2009, though.. So they may be able to find a way to compress the data, like making horrible movepools, or even worse pokedex data.

EDIT: Truly, I believe that they could've fit Johto into FR/LG. They just got caught up in the storyline and went too far on the sevii islands.

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2016
    That IS the box art for one of the new Mystery Dungeon games.

Incase you didn't read the article, it mentions Mystery Dungeon 2 at the beginning before Platinum. The pic is showing Dungeon 2.

And if Platinum has already been made as a fan game, why would they say it would be released in 09?

Chibaymega12

Enemies of the Leaf Beware!
    Years
    Classicrock. There's no reason to call everyone out wrong. It's obviously an English magazine, made and based here, in America. There has been alot of talk lately about DS G/S remakes, just go to youtube and you'll see a very convincing box shot. But one thing's for sure, if there was even plans to make a game, and they already had the NAME, then Nintendo would release it. The same thing if it was leaked, Nintendo would come on out an tell. 95% says it's fake. We all want it not to, but we've all got to face that it's fake.

Sekushi Sushi*

Roses are red, I love you!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2008
    Yeah, and duskgold and dawnsilver sounds better, and is two versions so we can disregard this one.

True Justice

Shichibukai: Bartholomew Kuma
    Years
    The same thing if it was leaked, Nintendo would come on out an tell.

I would have to question this comment. Darkrai was known far before anyone was supposed to find out. But nintendo had a schedule in which darkrai shaymin and arceus would revealed. they haven't even officially revealed arceus yet.

but it doesn't seem very convincing that this is legit

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    I found this thread leading to information revealed by the PC forum members.

So if what the members are saying are right, There will be no GSC remake. Platinum is still unofficial.

Myoko-chan

アーシェ
    Years
    So it's from an unofficial magazine. Then for now, I would say it's fake until theres more proof or Gamefreak/Nintendo announces it officially.

Years
    I agree that it's fake, Pokemon fans obviously longed for a new game, GS remake or the 3rd game to D/P and thus made this game.

It was pretty obvious that it was fake seeing how the magazine doesn't look convincing, and it's from a U.S based magazine, like other have previously stated, Japan would know about a new game before America.

If anyone else still believes it to be real, then ask yourselves this, why would America get the news first, when Nintendo is from Japan, and Japan gets all the news on games and the games themselves before us.

I'm sure they'll be a 3rd game to D/P soon enough, but I'll only believe it when I know it's official news, from Nintendo themselves.

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    This has nothing to do with Diamond/Pearl. And I believe there's thread for it on the Other Pokemon Games. *closed*

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back