• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Platium English Translation

Brushfire

afc bournemouth <3
Years
  • https://www.megaupload.com/?d=7HRISBB8

Credit to Rkykin of GBAtemp.

If I'm not allowed to post this, then sorry. =/
    I'll update this whenever he updates.

Instructions:

Copy the patch, xdelta and your ROM to c:\
    For windows users, goto Start and Click Run.
    1 Type: CMD
    2 Hit enter.
    3 Type: cd ..
    4 Press Enter
    (Repeat 3 and 4 until you're at c:\)
    Type: xdelta -d -s yourROMname.nds patchv2.5.pat patchedROMname.nds

Note. Use an untrimmed ROM. V2.5 Does not patch the game for you. This makes the patch file MUCH smaller.

-Faint Brushfire.

Surf

Years
    • Age 29
    • Rust
    • Seen Jul 31, 2011
    Ya an English Version of Platinum
    Thanks i was looking forward to something like this

Sweet Speed

Smile...
    Years
  • I have a sav file that gets to after Giratina in case you guys need help after that.

It's just basicly to see if it goes back through there, can someone patch it and find out for me?

Last edited:

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
    Years
  • As far as I know, all of the text has been ripped from Pokémon Diamond, and a lot of the English translations aren't exactly like as it would be if the real English version got released.

bobpickle

Beginner Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2014
    The only thing translated is the opening sequence, nothing else.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Why do they take so long just to do a little bit? Some of it is from pokemon diamond, so it shouldn't be that hard.

bobpickle

Beginner Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2014
    Why do they take so long just to do a little bit? Some of it is from pokemon diamond, so it shouldn't be that hard.

I dont mind waiting, however I would rather only like to be informed once the entire english translation is done.

I got so excited and then .... =(

Years
  • On GBATemp there is a thread about that. The developer of the patch said that there will be no complete translation of the patch because he is doing everything on his own and he don't have very much time. Everyone who wants to have a perfect translation should wait for the US version of the game.

Lith

Go, Missingno! Use- WTF BOOOOM
    Years
  • Im sorry, but this isnt very well.
    They have taken sentences from D/P...
    Still, they make it more redable

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2009
    No offense to the patch's creator but isn't it a little redundant to release a language patch when Platinum will be released in English eventually? I know that there will be some bugs not present in the English version probably. why make a language patch of a game that will be released in the US eventually? Go ahead and do what you want. It is your idea after all. I'm just merely saying that it is strange that someone would make a language patch for a game that most likely WILL be released. Meh, do whatever you think is right. I'm in no position to tell you what to do anyways. Sorry if I sounded rude. That wasn't my intention at all.^_^

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2009
    I guess. Quite frankly I don't play DS roms because they are still in circulation on the game market. I only play systems that are officially obsolete. GBA is somewhat obsolete so that counts. I actually don't even own an actual DS for that matter.

Back