• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon:Prehistoric Dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.

pika247

Pikachu Trainer
Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2012
    Okay, so this is my first hack, so I'm going to say this here and now:I need a scripter and a spriter(OW, Back, and normal sprites needed)

Story
    Spoiler:

Features:
    -A new(and un-named and undesigned as of yet) villainous organization, bent on finding and harnessing the power of Spydrogon and Gigafirma, in hopes of unleashing Tyranight and gaining control over it.

-All new fakemon, based off of many prehistoric creatures.

-Old Favorites Returning
    Spoiler:

Screenshots
    Heroine in Sorna Valley:
    Pokemon:Prehistoric Dawn

Heroine in Sorna Ruins(Professor Oak will be replaced with Prof. Ginko when his sprites are complete)

Hero on Route 228(Red's Sprites will be done after Leaf's are. I did Leaf's first since her concept came to mind first)

Hero in near the Trainer's School in Tethys Town(note Omanyte and Pikachu :P )

Hero near the 'hub' of Tethys Town

Fun Facts:
    -Tethys Town is named after the Tethys Ocean, which was was an ocean that existed between the continents of Gondwana and Laurasia during the Mesozoic era before the opening of the Indian Ocean.
    -Sorna Valley is named after the Island in The Lost World:Jurassic Park and Jurassic Park ///, Isla Sorna.
    -Sorna Valley, Route 228, and Tethys Town all have downgrading varieties of rainy weather. Sorna Valley has Intense Rain w/thunderstorm, Route 228 has Rain w/thunderstorm, and Tethys Town has regular Rainy weather. The next rout will be mist covered, and the city after that will be clear weather. This shows that the epicenter of the thunderstorm is Sorna Valley, and each area away from the epicenter has less intense weather from that storm.

Fakemon Concepts:

Bugs:
    -Leaf's Intro sprite is all inverted like this, when she should look like this
    -Yanmega's backsprite is oddly colored like This
    -When getting the Pokedex, your rival walks up and through the back wall of the lab
    -Squirtle(eventually Plioreef) and Pyrecrest's Poke Balls reappear on the table once you step away from it, even if you and your rival took them. Not sure about Treecko's(soon to be Beipialeaf) Poke Ball
    -Many people repeat what the say once or twice(The professor said he gave me poke balls three times O_o Guess my script editing sucks. This is why I need a scripter, people.)

Credits:
    Pika247:hack name, fakemon concepts, mapping, trainer sprite editing, storyline.
    jodonel:Spriter
    Scytha-Spriter

Help Needed:
    -Spriter for Fakemon(Front & Backsprites; OW Sprites for Tyranight, Gigafirma, and Spydrogon)
    -Scripter
    -Someone with Photoshop. Leaf's intro sprite is like that because her palette was not saved as a .act file. My trial of CS4 ran out.

^If you wish to take either job, PM me.

Last edited:

pika247

Pikachu Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2012
    My very first Fakemon ingame, meet Pyrecrest, the Fire Starter

He still needs a backsprite and a party Icon.

He's an amalgamation of Totodile(the eyes), Magby(Legs, body, and tail), Quilava(crests) and Ekans(base for the head, now heavily modified)

and here's Leaf's new in battle sprite

^still have to add Yanmega though, but I told you Yanma was making a return :P

Why?
    Straight from Wikipedia:
    Wikipedia @ Meganeura said:
    In the Pokémon franchise, Yanma's evolved form Yanmega is based upon the ancient dragonfly, Meganeura.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • The maps have lots of empty spaces. And that house in the 4th picture isn't supposed to be like that, so those are some tile errors.And the first screen's tree in the middle of nowhere, plus that's the wrong tree, it isn't supposed to have a shadow on it. But since it is your first hack, I guess it's not that bad.. But you need to fix some stuff.

pika247

Pikachu Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2012
    The maps have lots of empty spaces. And that house in the 4th picture isn't supposed to be like that, so those are some tile errors.And the first screen's tree in the middle of nowhere, plus that's the wrong tree, it isn't supposed to have a shadow on it. But since it is your first hack, I guess it's not that bad.. But you need to fix some stuff.

Empty spaces: Another easy fix, I just gotta be careful on what I use to fill those voids.

Roof:Well, the intent was to change up the roof a bit, the Indigo Plateau tiles don't have a complete set of roof tiles(corners, back side), so I may change that.

Random Tree: Yeah, good point, don't know what went through my head there, but that can be fixed easily.

I appreciate this, that's the kind of feedback I like to hear, the kind that makes me strive to work harder.

MKSSB

OKですか?
    Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2014
    I highly recommend you to change the tiles, use a rom base or something like that, your hack will look a lot better. But well, it's your first hack, so it's not so bad. Continue working on your hack rom!

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • I Highly recommend you change the professor's name :L
    But anyway's good luck!

pika247

Pikachu Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2012
    I Highly recommend you change the professor's name :L
    But anyway's good luck!
    I'm guessing it's too long, eh?

What about Professor Ginko? (Apparently Ginkoes were thought to be extinct and are living fossils. Heh, the things you learn when you type "Prehistoric Trees" into Google, lol)

I highly recommend you to change the tiles, use a rom base or something like that, your hack will look a lot better. But well, it's your first hack, so it's not so bad. Continue working on your hack rom!
    Okay, noob question: what on earth is a rom base?

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
    Years
  • I'm guessing it's too long, eh?

What about Professor Ginko? (Apparently Ginkoes were thought to be extinct and are living fossils. Heh, the things you learn when you type "Prehistoric Trees" into Google, lol)

Okay, noob question: what on earth is a rom base?

A ROM file that has no edits except the tiles have been replaced. they come as patches.

Btw nice hack ive always been interested in fossil pokemon

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • No not cause it's too long the name oh well cant remember the name but it made me giggle :D, But other's might not see it that way :/ Ginko Like it!:)

DuoRyan

Hack'in as usual, it seem.
    Years
  • Pretty ok for a hack. Also I think you should insert tile that look like the dinosaur age. Good luck!

biancafanboy

Pokemon master
    Years
  • I'm kinda new to this whole hacking thing but it looks pretty sweet. Does those levels actually work on the ds games? Or is it just a mod for the computer?

pika247

Pikachu Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2012
    A ROM file that has no edits except the tiles have been replaced. they come as patches.

Btw nice hack ive always been interested in fossil pokemon
    Thanks, where could I find a decent Rom base for Fire Reed though?

I'm kinda new to this whole hacking thing but it looks pretty sweet. Does those levels actually work on the ds games? Or is it just a mod for the computer?
    It's a hack for the rom of Fire Red. You would play it on an emulator for the computer, unless you could find a way to port it to a GBA cartridge

what about the totodile family, Feraligator is and alligator which have been around for 200 million years. and Lapras is a large sea creature which resembles a plesiosaur. Bagon resembles a Pachycephalosaurus.
    I wanted to keep only the three new starters, believe me, I had also considered The Bulbasaur and Chikorita lines. I'll probably make some Postosuchus, Deinosuchus, or Sarcosuchus Pokemon to fill the Crocodilian Void.
    Good point about Lapras, I guess it shall also be included.
    Bagon, meh, but Salemence is a Dragon through and through. Craniodos and Rampardos fit the Pachycephalosaur role better.

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
  • Awesome idea man! Do this right, and this could be big!
    But there are other pokemon you should consider as they are based on dinosaurs:
    nidoking, nidoqueen, rhydon (rhyperior), kangaskhan, sceptile, aggron, and of course grass starters of the 1st and 2nd gen, and totodile evo line!
    But don't think that just by adding usual starters in the game they have to be starters in your hack! Just make them catchable in the wild!

pika247

Pikachu Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2012
    Awesome idea man! Do this right, and this could be big!
    But there are other pokemon you should consider as they are based on dinosaurs:
    nidoking, nidoqueen, rhydon (rhyperior), kangaskhan, sceptile, aggron, and of course grass starters of the 1st and 2nd gen, and totodile evo line!
    But don't think that just by adding usual starters in the game they have to be starters in your hack! Just make them catchable in the wild!
    Nidos: Definately not dinos, not sure what they are
    Kangaskhan:based off of a Kangaroo and Genghis Kahn actually
    Sceptile:It's a gecko
    Rhydon/Ryperior:I consider them bipedal Rhinos
    Aggron/Lairon/Aron:yeah, you're right
    Starters:I guess I could do the Chikorita and Totodile lines, but I need to overwrite Bubasaur with Beipialeaf so that Beipialeaf appears as one of the choices in the lab. Unless I somehow edit the data so that Treecko is swapped with Bulbasaur as the starter, then overwrite Treecko's data

Last edited:

Scytha

mass effect freak
    Years
  • Nidos: Definately not dinos, not sure what they are
    Kangaskhan:based off of a Kangaroo and Genghis Kahn actually
    Sceptile:It's a gecko
    Rhydon/Ryperior:I consider them bipedal Rhinos
    Aggron/Lairon/Aron:yeah, you're right
    Starters:I guess I could do the Chikorita and Totodile lines, but I need to overwrite Bubasaur with Beipialeaf so that Beipialeaf appears as one of the choices in the lab. Unless I somehow edit the data so that Treecko is swapped with Bulbasaur as the starter, then overwrite Treecko's data

You can change the data. Go to this thread and look for starter editor ;)
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=85025

Oh and I'll be following this hack for sure.:cool:

Last edited:

pika247

Pikachu Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2012
    You can change the data. Go to this thread and look for starter editor ;)
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=85025

Oh and I'll be following this hack for sure.:cool:
    Okay, thanks.

Just a note:
    One of my biggest motives behind this project(besides having fun and trying my hand at hacking) is creating Fakemon based off of some of the most unique prehistoric creatures of all time: Dimetrodon, Arthopleura, Brontoscorpio, Deinocheirus, Dunkleosteous, Cryolophosaurus, Gorgonops, etc, and showing how weird and wonderful those creatures were. If I fill up the Mezo Pokedex with old Pokemon based off of generic Dinosaurian appearance, I can't convey as many of those.

So the returning favorites list is final, okay?
    (If I did every Pokemon with prehistoric roots, I'd have to include every bird Pokemon, every bug Pokemon, every reptilian pokemon, every crustacean Pokemon, every fish Pokemon, etc.)

pika247

Pikachu Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2012
    I'm currently revamping the three areas I've already mapped, but i do have two small updates:

Yanmega ingame

and thanks to jodonel, a rather stylized Megaleapth ingame

Only problems are Yanmega's backsprite(see the bugs section) and the fact that, in the Pokedex, Yanmega's placed in "Grassland Pokemon" because it overwrites Farfetch'd and Megaleapth is placed "Forest Pokemon" because it overwrites Tangela. I'm sure that's something scripting could fix(YAPE has no option to change their habitats)

Yanmega should be in "Forest Pokemon"
    Megaleapth should be in "Sea Pokemon"

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back