• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon: Professor Oak's Murder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2009
    I'm digging the dark storyline! This sounds like one of the few hacks I'll be interested! Great start so far, hope you can get finished. If I could suggest one thing though, I'd say darken up the tiles a little. They're really bright! Besides that, I think you have a good hack so far! Hope you finish it!

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    Hey Austinia, you got the thread up. You look like a pro man. The tiles and screens are great, still the title could be changed. Good luck. I think it would be cool if the character did look like a detective.

Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2009
    that's a scary little story.
    wonder what'll happen next. :)
    the rest of the screenies have a bright pallete which kinda hurts my eyes, but the second screeny was a very okay one.

oh well, good luck with the hack~

How so? The color is as colory as your font color.

Harry Blue5

I vill suck your Electricity..
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2011
    Instead of Pokémon: Professor Oak's Murder, you could shorten the title to Pokémon: Oak's Murder.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    It's nice to see something new in the storyline, instead of the ordinary type storyline. The title does sound a little scary. I suggest you darken the palletes, but the palletes of the second two screens look good. It sounds like a very interesting hack. I wish you the best of luck on this.

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
  • Scary, yet tempting..
    Nice plot! I would love to play this when you release a beta! =)
    But I can't help but wonder how you got this idea in the first place.. =P

Years
  • Scary, yet tempting..
    Nice plot! I would love to play this when you release a beta! =)
    But I can't help but wonder how you got this idea in the first place.. =P

My friend is writing a murder story and told me about it XD and randomly I thought up this storyline.

Instead of Pokémon: Professor Oak's Murder, you could shorten the title to Pokémon: Oak's Murder.
    Sounds good. I may do that =)

It's nice to see something new in the storyline, instead of the ordinary type storyline. The title does sound a little scary. I suggest you darken the palletes, but the palletes of the second two screens look good. It sounds like a very interesting hack. I wish you the best of luck on this.
    Thanks! I may not use that palette XD or I may use it as an extra city or something that you can reach through a secret event, as I am also going to add probably a G/S/C city :) secret events ;)

And everyone, updates coming soon =) I've made a couple cities and routes!

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • I finally decided to take a look on this, specially the storyline, since it was quite long and I was feeling lazy about reading it. But, it looks like a really interesting idea, with all the mystery around. Good to see a different purpose on to battling the Gym Leaders.

Besides the idea, those tiles really are something unique around the rom hacking world. I'm so glad of seeing something different these days. So, now I hope you really dont let this project down because you have the main two areas covered perfectly: A good story with good graphics.
    The only thing that is a bit strange is the hack's name. Though it fits, it's still... weird.

Well, keep it up. I'll be here, wondering who did it :P

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2010
    I really really hope you dont quite this hack, the concept of this hack and the graphics are excellent please dont give up. Keep up the great work!!

PB.

'PB
    Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2011
    This sounds really good, will it not be difficult to have the lights go down and have all the gym leaders in a circle?

KODER

MEXICAN HACKER
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2016
    This is a hack very different from the others and it is a good xD, I like very much
    the palettes this when raining ^^!.

Luck with your hack friend.

====>.:: KODER::. <====

Years

• Update 7-11-08:
    Guys, I was busy for a while, and basically neglected the hack for a bit. I've worked on it a bit recently, and have not released any updates from before. So far there are 4 towns done. The forest is completed. I have chosen the name "Spore Forest." The starter town is done. The route leading to the next town is done. The next done is done. The cave to Spore Forest is done. Spore Forest is done. The Town after Spore Forest is done. And an Island you will be able to reach soon is done. I've scripted a few things such as how you receive your starters, and people around the town. I've yet to make the insides of houses etc, though.

I'll let you all know. I'm a novice at hacking. There are a few things that need to be fixed. I'm just not sure I can without screwing up the game. I mean, the things work fine but they are just a little 'corny.' Also I am having trouble with wild pokemon, as I make the wild pokemon, save, but when I reload the rom, about half the wild pokemon revert to "please choose pokemon" and then you change it again, and they go back once again. So I'm working on that. I'm also going to need to work on how to make the water, doors, grass, and flowers animated. I'm trying, though.

The towns of the first screenshots still exist. They may become hidden towns or something, though, with some special event. I have made a new starter town.

I've inserted 2 tilesets for towns/forest/island, and 1 snow tileset. Not far enough to work on the snow town, yet.

I am practically working alone on this so it may take a while.

Sorry to keep you all waiting for an update. Here is a few screenshots:
    Pokemon: Professor Oak's Murder

Pokemon: Professor Oak's Murder

Well, those are the screenies! Tell me what you think =) I know there is a glitch in one of them... the trees... borders... but idk how to fix it =/

And idk why the quality of the first bunch suck. Maybe I will fix it, but know its in the quality of the second one.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
  • You've got my full support on this one. It looks like one of the few original plots and concepts now adays.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back