• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Purpurn

Status
Not open for further replies.

AimayBee

Mighty Spriter
Years
  • Pokemon Purpurn
    Pokemon Purpurn
    Pokemon Purpurn

Pokemon Purpurn
    Story
    Pokemon Purpurn

Your uncle has asked you to meet him at the end of route 2 for some unkown reason.
    All of your family have been great individual trainers who have travelled the Pokemon world and captured Pokemon from every region.
    Your uncle travelled to Sinnoh and his trusty Croagunk is his Pokemon of choice.
    You have been brought up by your uncle and feel great respect for him. So when members of an evil organisation supposably steal your uncle and one of his assisstants away you are determined to find them and discover why.

Pokemon Purpurn
    Screenshots
    Pokemon Purpurn

Pokemon Purpurn
    Pokemon Purpurn
    Pokemon Purpurn
    Pokemon Purpurn

Pokemon Purpurn
    Pokemon Purpurn
    Pokemon Purpurn
    Pokemon Purpurn

Pokemon Purpurn
    Pokemon Purpurn

Pokemon Purpurn
    Features
    Pokemon Purpurn

- Some 4th Gen Pokemon
    - New Overworlds
    - New Story [obviously]
    - New Region
    + More

Pokemon Purpurn
    Credits And Tools
    Pokemon Purpurn

- Advanced Map
    - PKSVUI
    - NME
    - YAPE
    - A-Trainer
    - SMCA

Pokemon Purpurn
    Bugs
    Pokemon Purpurn

- None So Far

Pokemon Purpurn
    Releases
    Pokemon Purpurn

- None Yet

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023
    There seems to be an overabundance of flowers in the screenshots. Also the story doesn't say much at all. The overworld for the heroine looks really good. The her's is pretty generic. Goodluck on this.

Ocarion

I'm just playing hacks
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2015
    I can't really say much because there's not much story said so far, but good luck.

2RandomStudios

Angry Jigglypuff
    Years
  • This hack looks like it could be promising, but could become generic as well.
    Here's some tips:
    • Make your mapping look more natural. Don't put trees and bushes in straight lines like they are in the GameFreak games. This makes the game look much more organic and gives it alot of polish.
    • Don't use generic town names such as Level Town. (I'm a culprit of this sometimes myself, but I look to improve it) For instance, come up with a theme for your town names. In fire red, all the town names were actually colors, and in my hack, they're named after spices. This gives your game an extra layer of originality!
    • Finally, don't make the story clear from the start. Basically, don't give out all the details of what will happen right from the beginning. (eg: Save your uncle from an evil (<--- GENERIC WORD ALERT!) organization!) This will make your hack's story much more captivating in the long run!
    I hope your hack turns out great.
    Good luck!

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
    Years
  • I don't mean any offense, but it looks like your storyline was just tacked on at the last minute to make sure this thread was accepted into Progressing Hacks. It is pretty generic and doesn't capture me like it should.

I have a few issues with these two screenshots. The bushes in the first screenshot are designed to be used as a decorative feature (You can see this most clearly in Viridian City and Water Path), rather than a tile to restrict the player's movement. If you want to funnel the player and prevent them from passing, I'd suggest using the fence tiles rather than these bushes.

There are far to many flowers in the second screen - It is generally accepted that flowers be in diagonally joined bunches of two or three in your mapping style. I'd cut down on them and make the group more ordered.

There is one final thing that is present in both screens: Tree shading. While you have the majority of the shading correct, the bottoms of your trees are incorrect. If the bottom of the tree is next to the bottom of another tree, it should be shaded - Your's are not.

I wish you luck with this hack.

Make your mapping look more natural. Don't put trees and bushes in straight lines like they are in the GameFreak games. This makes the game look much more organic and gives it alot of polish.

That is just one style in which you can make maps, and is no greater than any other. I think that AimayBee is proficent in the style present in the games so there is no need to completely alter it to a more 'natural' style.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • The story is quite... Confusing. If an evil organization has kidnapped your uncle, how could he have asked you to meet him at a route? Or did they kidnap him when you got to the route?

Your screenshots have loads of flowers in the mapping... Maybe remove some, perhaps? The tree shadowing also is used incorrectly. Some parts of the map are empty, so maybe add more. The features... Sound alright, I guess.

Maybe you should spice up the hack some? Maybe make it look more appealing and interesting, by inserting new tiles... Nevertheless, I wish you good luck on this hack.

Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2013
    Storyline just seems plain boring to me, a little bit more to the story. Like yeah i respect my uncle but i'm just a kid, why not ask the police to go get him? or my other family members that are pokemon trainers of great caliber?

AimayBee

Mighty Spriter
    Years
  • Thanks everyone, I didn't notice the tree shading and as for the story, it's generally a go get your pokemon go battle all gyms yada yada.

What I want to change is something actually happens which makes you need stronger Pokemon so you can get your uncle back and also meet your family through travel.

And only one starter Pokemon, is available. It's a secret until I polish it off. :P

AimayBee

Mighty Spriter
    Years
  • Can a mod please delete this thread as my mum wont let me hack pokemon anymore because she thinks it's illegal so I now am not able to continue this hack.

Sorry. :(

2RandomStudios

Angry Jigglypuff
    Years
  • Can a mod please delete this thread as my mum wont let me hack pokemon anymore because she thinks it's illegal so I now am not able to continue this hack.

This isn't illegal in any way! It only becomes illegal when you try to distribute ROM files. Thats the power of IPS files baby! (pine-sol ftw)

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023
    Can a mod please delete this thread as my mum wont let me hack pokemon anymore because she thinks it's illegal so I now am not able to continue this hack.

Aren't you 18? Seriously that's bogus. And this could have shaped up to be quite nice.

Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2013
    Can a mod please delete this thread as my mum wont let me hack pokemon anymore because she thinks it's illegal so I now am not able to continue this hack.

Really though? It's not like you're mass producing it and putting it up on GameStop shelves everywhere. Screw that, i say do it behind her back like any rebellious 18 year old would do.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
    Years
  • @everyone: If you see a thread owner requesting that their thread be closed, please don't respond. Just bring it to the attention of a staff member.

Closed

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back