• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokemon Pyrite

ericgall23

Quiet Pokémon fan
Years
Hello.

I tried your game for a good 20 minutes. I admit that your game sounds really good, and I like most of the things you've done (I was captivated by it!), and it sounded so cool, different, while keeping the same Pokémon and moves! (It's important for trading with other games, including the originals!). The changes are awesome in general, and I got the feeling to have a different experience as well! ;)

However, to my disappointment, ... :'(

The things I really didn't like at all:
- The communication Center in Pokémon Centers have been removed!!! I went to the one in Cherrygrove City, and the 2F wasnt there... I decided to pass and continue (thinking maybe it's the only one like this), so I went to the next one, in Violet City, and it's not even there too! So, I'm assuming that all Pokémon Centers don't have a 2F, and so, we can't use TGB DUAL at all in your game! So, that means we can't trade our Pokémon to another game! Unless there's a place later in the game? I don't know...
- The fact you haven't mentionned that you have removed the communications centers in your game! I would have appreciated that you warn players, like me, who love to trade Pokémon by using TGB DUAL. A Pokémon game without trading with other games isn't worthy to play for me, even if that game looks really good and promising (like yours)! (I mean it, and it's very important!)

The things I less liked, but tolerable:
- Most of the text were the same as the original, but because of the many novelties and new trainers added, it's acceptable to have some text the same.

Bref, since I played for only 20 minutes, I'm not the person who will tell you more! IT's clear that you put lots of work in your game, and you have my respect for that! It's just that I don't know why you have removed the linking services? Those are what make Pokémon games standout and unique (especially trading) among many other vidéo games, and one of the biggest reason why I still play Pokémon games today! Removing this is like removing what makes Pokémon games attractive and unique!

I will sadly delete your game from my games on my computer, but if you repair it by putting back the linking services, I will might as well give it another chance (I would be happy too!) They could be possible at just one place at least. I just wish that there's a possibility to link with other games, even if it's just at one place in the game! ;)

Have a very good day! Good luck and best of success in your future projects, if you have some! ;)

Last edited:
Years
The things I really didn't like at all:
- The communication Center in Pokémon Centers have been removed!!! I went to the one in Cherrygrove City, and the 2F wasnt there... I decided to pass and continue (thinking maybe it's the only one like this), so I went to the next one, in Violet City, and it's not even there too! So, I'm assuming that all Pokémon Centers don't have a 2F, and so, we can't use TGB DUAL at all in your game! So, that means we can't trade our Pokémon to another game! Unless there's a place later in the game? I don't know...
- The fact you haven't mentionned that you have removed the communications centers in your game! I would have appreciated that you warn players, like me, who love to trade Pokémon by using TGB DUAL. A Pokémon game without trading with other games isn't worthy to play for me, even if that game looks really good and promising (like yours)! (I mean it, and it's very important!)

While I also played this back in February and retired this game for different reasons, I don't think the criticisms listed here are valid. I know, you need to use TGB and want to trade with other Pokémon games, but in rom hacking the trading is often ignored, because the modifications for the base game corrupts trades for the most of the time. You can catch and use any Pokémon by looking up cheat codes, no?

A Pokémon game without trading with other games isn't worthy to play for me... well, that's subjective, but I don't do any trades when playing vanilla Pokémon games, and its necessity goes to negative levels when it comes to romhacks. If you absolutely love trading between your own games using TGB DUAL and you need trading option mandatory, more power to you, but this is what I don't find necessary. On the contrary, romhacks that force you to trade to evolve certain Pokémon generally tend to be worthless. If I cannot evolve my Haunter, Kadabra, Seadra, etc. without any trading involved, I generally ignore this hack.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
A Pokémon game without trading with other games isn't worthy to play for me, even if that game looks really good and promising (like yours)! (I mean it, and it's very important!)

You must be new to rom hacks if you didn't know that the large majority of them have no trading, for the reasons the user above already mentioned. If you can't play Pokémon without trading, then rom hacks in general are probably not for you.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 6, 2023
[*]EXPERIENCE GAIN: The changes in the experience mechanics have been mainly applied to encourage training a full team of Pokemon over training just one or two Pokemon. The experience formula has been modified to make the experience gain increase by multiplying the original experience with the result of player's Pokemon level / enemy's level (*). The other main change consists on a badge-sensitive experience cap, that prevents your Pokemon from growing up past certain levels depending on the amount of badges collected.

^Could you tell us how you accomplished this please? What files you edited and with what code? This is something I'm interested in for my own hack.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 12, 2024
Hi guys,

Anyone have tips for hunting Entei and Suicune? I've been back and forth the route below goldenrod with repels and I just can't get them to appear. I must of been at it for 5 hours now.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 16, 2024
Hi guys,

Anyone have tips for hunting Entei and Suicune? I've been back and forth the route below goldenrod with repels and I just can't get them to appear. I must of been at it for 5 hours now.

lol, I ran into Entei about an hour after unsealing them in the Route west of Ecruteak and ran into Suicune just before getting Pryce's badge (and remember, he's supposed to be the 5th Gym Leader in this game) in the Route between Mahogany Town and the Lake of Rage. Saved at the beginning of each battle and chucked Fast Balls until I caught them.

Back