• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon R.O.W.E. - an Open World Version of Pokémon Emerald(Gen 8, Following Pokémon, Costumes and much More)

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2023
    I really love this rom hack. I've been enjoying challenges, and it's got so much replayability potential. I love all the balance updates, like Meganium, it feels actually viable!

Two things I have found:

- Octolock still doesn't seem to be coded in. I really wanna do my Contrary combo.
    - Strength Sap isn't affected by Triage, but should be, according to Bulbapedia.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2024
    I really love this rom hack. I've been enjoying challenges, and it's got so much replayability potential. I love all the balance updates, like Meganium, it feels actually viable!

Two things I have found:

- Octolock still doesn't seem to be coded in. I really wanna do my Contrary combo.
    - Strength Sap isn't affected by Triage, but should be, according to Bulbapedia.

Regarding Strength Sap, I can confirm this.

Should be an easy fix for Riolu, when he gets to it.

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2023
    Here's a few other things/questions I've noticed/had for the game...

- My DexNav is now stuck at level 0. It increases as I do a chain, but resets after the chain breaks. This means I have to constantly hunt through several of the same mons, just to be able to see the basic info, like the move they have, or their potential. Is this is a new intended feature?

- My name has been changed from David to JPvid out of nowhere. Not sure if that's relevant, but yeah. Knowing how GBA roms work, it seems possible that some address somewhere overflowed over the name's address?

- My main menu's glitching out, the text keeps on flashing...

Anyone else having these issues, or is it just me?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2023
    so when i wanted to buy evolution stones but they only sell training gear at both store counters. and does the tm shop really sell 1 tm each ?

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2023
    so when i wanted to buy evolution stones but they only sell training gear at both store counters. and does the tm shop really sell 1 tm each ?

Once you start getting more badges, you'll unlock the rest of the evolution items and TMs!

From what I recall, 4 badges are required for the evolution items, and both TM shops unlock at different badges.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2024
    Here's a few other things/questions I've noticed/had for the game...

- My DexNav is now stuck at level 0. It increases as I do a chain, but resets after the chain breaks. This means I have to constantly hunt through several of the same mons, just to be able to see the basic info, like the move they have, or their potential. Is this is a new intended feature?

- My name has been changed from David to JPvid out of nowhere. Not sure if that's relevant, but yeah. Knowing how GBA roms work, it seems possible that some address somewhere overflowed over the name's address?

- My main menu's glitching out, the text keeps on flashing...

Anyone else having these issues, or is it just me?

Regarding the Dexnav, there was an update that removed the search level due to Riolu believing it was responsible for the infinite money/name change. You can change your name at any time by entering the konami code (Check Google if unsure what it is.

The flashing seems unique on your end. I've never personally dealt with that. Did you patch using the online patcher or the one for Windows?

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2023
    Thanks for the tip, managed to change my name back!

And if the Dexnav is getting heavy nerfed like that, shouldn't it get some compensation, as a result? It's kinda reliant on the search level being high.

The flashing thing, no clue, really. Might be the emulator. Not a big deal anyway, but still mentioning it, just in case it happened to other people.

Mini feature request for Riolu, maybe just a way to skip the puzzle in Water gym after you've already beaten it? The puzzle really makes me want to not do rematch the leader lol

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2023
    How can I encounter pokemons that are rock smash encounter? I want to catch a weedle but don't know how. According to the guide, weedle is in route 116? And a rock smash encounter.

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2023
    Reporting a small issue! Specifically for the Gen1-3 Physical/Special split, it seems Hidden Power is ALWAYS physical, no matter what. Tested it around with a special attacker, quite weak.

I'm currently pending tests to see if something similar happens for abilities like Pixilate and Refrigirate; if it does a similar thing to Hidden Power, it might end up being physical, despite these two being special types.

On a final note, what does Secret Power do?

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2024
    Reporting a small issue! Specifically for the Gen1-3 Physical/Special split, it seems Hidden Power is ALWAYS physical, no matter what. Tested it around with a special attacker, quite weak.

I'm currently pending tests to see if something similar happens for abilities like Pixilate and Refrigirate; if it does a similar thing to Hidden Power, it might end up being physical, despite these two being special types.

On a final note, what does Secret Power do?

Interesting find, about Hidden Power.

Secret Power was changed to a physical version of Hidden Power.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2024
    How can I encounter pokemons that are rock smash encounter? I want to catch a weedle but don't know how. According to the guide, weedle is in route 116? And a rock smash encounter.

They used to be found on Route 104 (either day or night specific) I don't see how they'd be popping out of rocks. May have just been an accident in documentation. Which, I believe was recently updated on the Discord.

More boxes will NOT be added. If they are, it'll screw up current saves and force a fresh start. You also have the trade tool at your disposal (Like a Pokemon Home for ROWE)

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2023
    Interesting find, about Hidden Power.

Secret Power was changed to a physical version of Hidden Power.

Good to know! But unlike Hidden Power, Secret Power doesn't seem to pre-emptively tell you the type it is in the learning menu. Additionally, it seems some late gen mons can't learn it, unlike Hidden Power.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2024
    Good to know! But unlike Hidden Power, Secret Power doesn't seem to pre-emptively tell you the type it is in the learning menu. Additionally, it seems some late gen mons can't learn it, unlike Hidden Power.

Yeah, I've noticed it lacks the ability to tell you what type your HP is. Just check with HP for now, and it may be fixed in a future version.

Many late gen Pokemon (Mainly 8) didn't have access to Secret Power as a TM. For that reason, Pokemon like Polteageist can learn Hidden Power but not Secret Power.

Years
    • Seen today
    Good day everyone , today I would like to bring an update that focuses on Signature Moves, UI QoL Changes, a New Sevii Island and some balance changes
    Changelog 1.8.2
    Spoiler:

Download link and Patcher:
    https://belialclover.github.io/Rowe-Patcher/

Documentation
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KLZzrJXDfLtjz7LQKneX0y6b42z8GKOC8DfBNxYqMM0/edit?usp=sharing

How do I "update my game without losing progress"?
    Spoiler:

Edit: For those who care, a little fix for priority was just uploaded, should fix the move speed being messed up, use the same link as always

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2023
    Pokemon R.O.W.E. - an Open World Version of Pokémon Emerald(Gen 8, Following Pokémon, Costumes and much More)

Yup! As I feared- it seems that the Gen 1-3 split doesn't apply properly to type-changing interactions.

This seems to affect:
    - Hidden Power
    - Secret Power
    - Refrigerate
    - Liquid Voice
    - Normalize
    - Pixelize

And any other move/ability that changes the types of moves.

Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2023
    Does anyone know how to get the other Rotom versions? I'm looking to get a Heat Rotom and haven't found anything in the documentation about it.

Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2023
    Does anyone know how to get the other Rotom versions? I'm looking to get a Heat Rotom and haven't found anything in the documentation about it.

In the bike shop at Mauville City. There is a small box there that gives you an option to change Rotom's form.

HosawaSume

{Aurora}
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2024
    - how to get "Shadow Claw"? I don't know how to complete the achievement.
    - There is an invisible wall next to the girl on route 115 and all the grass here is gone!

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2024
    1. How to get "Shadow Claw"? I don't know how to complete the achievement.
    2. There is an invisible wall next to the girl on route 115 and all the grass here is gone!

1. Open your achievement menu between 3:00am-3:59am.

2. Not sure what you're referring to. Did you use the online patcher or an app to do it?

Back