• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon R.O.W.E. - an Open World Version of Pokémon Emerald(Gen 8, Following Pokémon, Costumes and much More)

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    If it's ok with you, can you post the last update on the github? Thank you!

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2024
    Koffing only has Levitate in this, even though as of Sword and Shield, it also has Neutralizing Gas and the Hidden Ability Stench. Also, Mime Jr. can't evolve into Galarian Mr. Mime in this hack, even when holding the Strange Souvenir, even though all Mime Jr. evolve into Galarian Mr. Mime is Sword and Shield.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    A somewhat big update is out here is the changelog, i updated the main post and all the documentation
    Changelog 1.1
    -You now can access Birth Island,Souther Island,Faraway Island and Island cave making posible to get Mew, Deoxys, Latias, Ho-oh and Lugia
    after going to the battle frontier one time and beating/catching Rayquaza
    -You can now find Latios and Meltan in the Artisian Cave
    -You can now get the Eon Flute after you defeat/catch Latios Latias and Rayquaza
    -Now you can set the clock by directly talking to scott at the start of the game
    -You now can use the Dexnav in the Safari Zone(The battle plays as a normal battle rather than a Safari Zone encounter)
    -Added new teams for Wattson Flannery and Juan
    -You can now access the Mirage Island after beating Wallace
    -You can now use Flash using a pokemon that can learn Dazzling Gleam to get registeel
    -Added Arctozolt in the final room of the Shoal Cave
    -Changed Koffing evolution method for Alolan Weezing since both of them overlapped and made impossible to get Galarian Weezing
    Now they evolve depending of the time of the day (Day for the normal one and Night for the Galarian)
    -Mime Jr. evolves into Galarian Mr.Mime with an Ice Stone in case nobody noticed it(since 1.0.9 i think)
    -Now you can't steal Megastones from gym leaders
    -Fixed Chansey/Blissey not being able to appear in the wild or used by trainers
    -Added the remaining TMs to the lilycove TM shop, you need 7 badges for the Attack TMs and 5 for the Defense TMs for 50k Each
    -Wild Persians now hold a Nugget around 90% of the time to make farming money for the TMs easier(and now can be sold for 10k)
    -Now that Blisseys are available in the Wild you can also farm Lucky Eggs since they appear 90% of the time(they can be sold for 5k)
    -Hopefully fixed the Wrap/Fire Spin/Clamp issue
    -Fixed some text errors on Brawly and Juan after they give you a Mega Stone
    -Fixed being able to rematch some leaders more than once per day
    -Fixed the issue when flying to Route 120
    -Added a little warning for MyBoy and VBA at the start of the game
    -Added a Mode Changer NPC at the start of the game so you wont toggle them by mistake
    -Changed some galar pokemon icons to make them animated
    -Added the locations for all the Available Mega Stones in the documentation
    -Some little changes that i forgot about and maybe nobody will actually spot them

The Gen 3 version of this game will still be in hold for a while since im gonna start a new job soon

Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    You'll love this, I promise. I started a new game, and talked to the dude on the left in the starting room. He asked me about modes, and then promptly wanted to know what town I wanted to start in. I selected because you cannot back out of that, and got released into Hoenn without a Pokemon! XD Maybe make it so the mode selecting guy can't ask what town you want to start in?

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I just released an update fixing a bug and adding a new item with some little new changes
    Changelog 1.1.1
    -Added a new item named Power Candy, it power up a Pokemon Ivs by a little, it can be bought in the Pokemon League for 9800
    -Fixed some collision errors near Latios
    -Fixed the Game Mode Changer NPC error
    -Added some event moves to some pokemon(Drowzee,Delibird,Rayquaza and Inkay)
    -Edited Thievul Stats and evolution criteria
    -Fixed Brawly Mega Heracross having Force Palm rather than Arm thurst
    -Fixed some text errors here and there

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2024
    The Super Nerd that gives out Sludge Bomb in Dewford Hall no longer does so, he now only gives out Mints.

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2024
    Decided to start a run from Mossdeep on normal mode, pretty good overall (my gym order was Tate/Liza -> Juan -> Skyla -> Wattson -> Flannery -> Roxanne -> Norman -> Brawly) but I did run into an issue where the Elite 4 and Wallace use their post-champion hard mode levels, even when the game is set to normal mode? (the E4 members capped at 73 and wallace capped at 81 from what I could get from his fight) Not sure if that's intentional or if its a mistake, but I'm probably going to wait until I get an answer on it before I head in there. Everything else used normal mode levels up until that point, even if I had to use eviolite skiddo for a while due to a 1.0.9 bug (see below)
    Other minor suggestions I would give:
    * Maybe move regular meowth/persian somewhere else with how buggy route 113 is with the pokenav? (routes 116 or 117 is my best guess). As a side note, if you plan on farming persian for nuggets then I'd rec having both rewinds active (or save often) and a flyer, since the latter can fix your character becoming displaced.
    * Wild shedinjas over ninjasks? I'm not 100% sure how this works in terms of what counts as "final evolution" but it does make for good HP Ev grinding at least.
    * I also saw a wild jolteon using misty terrain but that was in 1.0.9, not sure if that was fixed for 1.1.1 (gogoat's crashing the game was another one in my notes that got fixed in 1.1.1, I updated shortly after defeating the 8th gym leader)
    Outside of those small issues, pretty good! I didn't run into anything else that was game-breaking aside from the gogoat and route 113 issues. Probably gonna do another replay later on in hardmode and see how much that changes things up.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    The Super Nerd that gives out Sludge Bomb in Dewford Hall no longer does so, he now only gives out Mints.

You need 5 badges before getting sludge bomb, up until then you will always get mints

Route 113 indeed has a lot of issues with the dexnav i have no idea why does it happen or how to fix it, maybe reimplementing the dexnav using the newest forks may help with that, but i have to take my time since i mostly merge the repos i want to use manually since there were a lot of changes in my game that now it does not want to merge anything anymore, the wild shedinja happens because i remember making it chose any of the two evolutions(the same goes for all the split evolutions) randomly every time you encounter it maybe thats why jolteon used misty terrain(maybe it took sylveon movesets?) or i made it time based(shedinja at night and ninjask in the day), i dont remember anymore. Does the gogoat still crashes the game in 1.1.1? i couldnt understand if it got fixed or not, and i just fixed(i think) the level error with the elite 4(and wally i think), the error was some missing () no idea how it even built without those but it did, thanks for pointing it out.

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2024
    Can confirm that gogoat did not crash the game in 1.1.1, I was able to evolve it normally and it seems to be working fine. (I think it was something related to its cry since that was where the game froze) Something I also forgot to point out is that I remember wrap's passive damage being somewhat odd with how much damage it dealt? it felt like it scaled off level where my wrap's passive damage was doing a lot more damage than 1/8th per turn to wild tentacools while theirs were sometimes doing less than 1/8th. I didn't run into any wrap-like moves beyond the earlygame so I'm not sure how it would play out at levels past 14-15.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I just uploaded the latest version to github, it even has some unreleased changes that im still working on if anyone wants to take a look at the code or wants to try building it

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Wait, Gen 1-8, Hard mode, IV enhancement features, Ability and Nature change, DexNav, No HMs, Improved Dex, free Move Reminder, and Open World?

Well, this just looks fantastic, so many features I love here. I'm in the middle of a fan game playthrough at the moment but can't wait to give this one a try.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Next update will include Double Battle Mode some trainer parties changes and bug fixes as always(overdrive was finally fixed)

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2023
    Amazing rom hack but I thing 14 box aren't enough can you add more boxs like in Pokemon Dreams or Last fire red?

Penny55gg

Idiot
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Okay, freaking out about this very important question...
    What does R.O.W.E STAND FOR? i can't figure it out!

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Rioluwatt Open World Emerald

Thats not what it stands for since i rarely use this username anymore(this account was made around 8 years) it stands for Rayquaza Open World Emerald since Rayquaza is the mascot of emerald, the problem with the name is that its difficult to search on the internet since the word gets filtered into row but changing the name at this point seems pointless

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    A new update is out with a new feature that i wanted to implement since some time ago but i had no idea of how to start along some suggestions i got from the discord, some quality of life changes and some bug fixes along with some other things that somebody may like
    Changelog 1.2.0
    -Added Double Battle Mode, you can toggle it at the start of the game or by talking to the guy who used to be the name rater
    Double battles will only be toggled when you have atleast 2 pokemon that can fight in your party
    -On Hard Mode Gym Leaders Pokemon count scales somewhat depending on your Pokemon number in your party(that can fight)
    -Exp share in hard mode works like on normal mode when you have beaten the game to make it easier to finish your pokedex in the postgame
    -Added some missing Galarian Forms in the Pokedex
    -Added a way to reset the new daily events to make them more than once per day, you will get asked for 1 shard of each color by a NPC the house in route 111 after the sixth badge
    -Removed the daily limit for Starters since you need to get 2 shards anyway
    -Added cut encounters in sootopolis to make it easier to get better mons when you start on those cities
    -Made the cave of origin available and edited the encounters for the same reason
    -Changed the Sablenite location into the final room of the Cave of Origin
    -Added cut encounters in Littleroot Town
    -Changed Deoxys encounter level to 70 to avoid it using Teleport and to make it make more sense since its a postgame encounter
    -Changed Latios Learnset level of memento to 71 for the same reason as the above
    -Fixed Overdrive animation crashing the game and added it back to Toxtricity moveset
    -Hopefully fixed the elite 4 and the champion being overleveled on normal mode
    -Fixed the Elite 4 not having evs or static ability on their mons and some adjustments to compensate the level loss from the fix(just kidding i just forgot)
    -Made hunger switch actually activate, but it only activates when you do an Electric or Dark type move instead since im still experimenting with the code used
    for mid battle form changes
    -Changed some trainers to have different teams instead of just using the emerald ones(im planning to update them little by little)
    -Changed some trainers moves since they used the late game movesets rather than one adjusted to your level(the same as the above im planning to update it as the time goes)
    -Fixed or added some new bugs without noticing

Last edited:
    Back