• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon R.O.W.E. - an Open World Version of Pokémon Emerald(Gen 8, Following Pokémon, Costumes and much More)

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2024
    Would it be possible to add an option to have Exp.Share from the start?
    Really appreciate it if that can be made possible.

Years
    • Seen today
    @rioluwott, is there any way to get a Pokemon with Neutralizing Gas? The Raw base stats data suggests that for some reason Koffing and Weezing don't have it, but Galarian Weezing has it set as its 2nd Ability. I've yet to encounter a Galarian Weezing in the wild, and any Koffing I evolve into Galarian Weezing still has Levitate.

Both Thunderstone and Magmarizers (as well as other evolution stones and items needed for trade evos) are sold at Lilicove Dept Store 3F (lady at the right), BUT you need at least 6 badges for them to be available. Otherwise that counter sells other, more generic stuff. It's written in the FAQ as well.
    To get a Galarian Weezing with Neutralizing Gas you can evolve a koffing and then use an ability capsule

Would it be possible to add an option to have Exp.Share from the start?
    Really appreciate it if that can be made possible.
    Thats possible but i would prefer of not doing it since it would make the game a little too easy

Years
    • He, him
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    To get a Galarian Weezing with Neutralizing Gas you can evolve a koffing and then use an ability capsule

I had already tried using an Ability Capsule (bought from Lilycove for 10000) on a Galarian Weezing and it said that it won't have any effect. It was originally a Koffing caught in the Fiery Path and later evolved at night holding the Strange Souvenir. I forgot to include that in the original question.

Also, in my one playthrough with all badges I can use Dig in the overworld, but in a new playthrough I can't. I have the TM and the move is taught to multiple mons in my party, but it doesn't show up as a move usable in the overworld. Is there a badge requirment for Dig? Doing Fortree Gym as the first Gym also doesn't let you use Fly, are there any hidden requirements?

Years
    • Seen today
    Good night everyone, i just released a bugfix update
    here is the changelog
    Changelog 1.3.3.2
    -Added a description to the 70 Tms that had the wrong description
    -Added neutralizing gas to Koffing and Kantonian Weezing
    -Removed the dexnav pokemon moving on caves/water
    -Fixed some trainers using lapras for some reason
    -Made some changes on how the Randomized trainers work to make it better
    -Changed the wild encounters on some areas(mostly victory road)
    -Changed some trainer parties
    -Other changes that i forgot about
    Link:
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/pzon1hu5cjej0zo/Pokemon_ROWE.zip/file

Years
    • He, him
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    Good night everyone, i just released a bugfix update
    here is the changelog
    Changelog 1.3.3.2
    -Added a description to the 70 Tms that had the wrong description
    -Added neutralizing gas to Koffing and Kantonian Weezing
    -Removed the dexnav pokemon moving on caves/water
    -Fixed some trainers using lapras for some reason
    -Made some changes on how the Randomized trainers work to make it better
    -Changed the wild encounters on some areas(mostly victory road)
    -Changed some trainer parties
    -Other changes that i forgot about
    Link:
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/pzon1hu5cjej0zo/Pokemon_ROWE.zip/file

Oh wow, thanks so much for the update!

Edit: Neutralizing Gas can now be obtained, but doesn't seem to do anything in battle. So far I've seen multiple abilities (Intimidate, Flash Fire, Trace and a few more) all activate while Neutralizing Gas Koffing is out. But this is probably cause of the Battle Engine so me reporting this might not be helpful to you at all.

Flying is still immune to Ground in Inverse mode.

Last edited:
    Years
    • He, him
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    Another thing I've noticed is that the sell price of Water Stone is 105, even though Fire, Thunder and Leaf Stones are 1050 (as they are in regular Emerald).

Also, in the changelog you've mentioned that you made Delcatty and Persian hold Nuggets for money farming, but since you've set the sell price of Nuggets to be 1000 only, it's actually better to get shards from Rotom etc and turn them into stones. Staryu/Starmie are also somewhat better (with CompoundEyes it's 60% for Statdust and 20% for Star Piece, although 20% for nothing).

Years
    • Seen today
    Another thing I've noticed is that the sell price of Water Stone is 105, even though Fire, Thunder and Leaf Stones are 1050 (as they are in regular Emerald).

Also, in the changelog you've mentioned that you made Delcatty and Persian hold Nuggets for money farming, but since you've set the sell price of Nuggets to be 1000 only, it's actually better to get shards from Rotom etc and turn them into stones. Staryu/Starmie are also somewhat better (with CompoundEyes it's 60% for Statdust and 20% for Star Piece, although 20% for nothing).

nuggets show to be sold for 1000 because of the character limit but its sold for 10,000 instead
    edit:i have no idea of what are you talking about in the sell price for the water stone since all of them should be sold at the same price

Last edited:
    Years
    • He, him
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    nuggets show to be sold for 1000 because of the character limit but its sold for 10,000 instead

Oh, I see. That makes so much more sense. I think a same kind of issue is there with Star Pieces as well, those sell for 4900 but it says 490 instead.

Years
    • He, him
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    Seems like the Egg Move Tutor (6+gyms) can't teach Tail Slap, Covet, Quick Guard, Bounce and Switcheroo to Aipom or Ambipom (Level 45). Some egg moves like Agility and Screech are listed twice, and those 5 are missing from the list. Not having Tail Slap in particular is a bummer since it's Ambipom's best STAB with Skill Link or Technician.

Years
    • He, him
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    Ok, so the learnset for Flash (as a field move) is seems very weird to me. I couldn't find anything about it in the documentation, but from playing it what it seemed to me is that you've made every Fairy type Pokemon be able to use Flash, and nothing other than Fairy types can use it. But this means that stuff like Snubbull (which was never compatible with the Flash TM/HM in generations 2-6) is able to use Flash, but hundreds of other Pokemon that could learn it generations 2-6 are not able to use it.

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2022
    Can't pass magma grunt blocking one of the rooms in the hideout. And when I leave after talking to him, his dialog gets stuck when I move around. Anyone know how to fix this or know of a walk through wall cheat that works? Tried the code from r/s/e with no success

Years
    • Seen today
    Can't pass magma grunt blocking one of the rooms in the hideout. And when I leave after talking to him, his dialog gets stuck when I move around. Anyone know how to fix this or know of a walk through wall cheat that works? Tried the code from r/s/e with no success
    If you defeat the Elite Four, that Magma grunt will go away.

Years
    • Seen today
    Good afternoon everyone, i just released a new bugfix update for ROWE
    Changelog 1.3.4
    -Removed the use of the dexnav on the route 113 and jagged pass(again)
    -Cynderance and its pre evolutions now have protean
    -Flying type now should be hit by Ground type moves on inverse mode
    -Removed the grunts that used to guard the entrances for groudon and kyogre and instead sealed the entrance until you beat the elite four to avoid missunderstandings
    -Eviolite now prevents evolving like an everstone
    -Fixed the issues with the egg moves on the tutor showing a maximum number of 10 egg moves per mon
    -Added an NPC that sells you the item used to raise a Pokemon Ivs on the Pokemon League Pokemon Center
    -Other changes i forgot about
    The link its in the main post, i will now reuse that same link every time since some people may share that link an i want them to have the latest version and its easier for me too to see the download count

Years
    • they / them
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    Really interested in trying this, I'm surprised I haven't seen more Pokemon hacks that make things open-ended like this. (I'm sure others exist, I just haven't seen them, haha) Really cool idea!

ThatSlashGuy

that tech guy
    Years
  • Hey guys, Bee here. I'm a dev here on R.O.W.E and I'm frequently active in the discord. :)

Introduction's out of the way, few things to address regarding Dexnav causing the game to crash when used in a city/town.

Patchers - NUPS, Tsukuyomi, and UniPatcher all produce the same hash files. So it's not a patcher problem.

Dumps - We recommend the TrashMan dump, no we will not link you to it.
    - Be wary of using certain "sites" as not all dumps are clean.

Emulators and Hardware - We recommend playing on Pizzaboy GBA for now. It offers both free and pro options. My Boy! and a few other emulators are not compatible! You will run into emulator related bugs!
    - It seems that playing on flashcart + GBA does not have this bug.
    - A fix for MyBoy emulators is in the works.
    - PC Users: mGBA is the wave.

What to do next: As we try and figure out where this thing originated from, for right now refrain from using dexnav indoors and in cities/towns.

Thank you for playing, and we're working hard to sort this issue out.

Years
    • Seen today
    Good day everyone, its time for a bugfix update
    this update will only fix some bugs since im still working on the big update but the dexnav bug is becoming more common and this will fix it while adding other fixes and features that were meant to be added on the next big update(the update 1.5) and for this reason this update does NOT break your save
    Changelog 1.3.5
    -You can now start with a real random starter that its not in the 9 pokemon list with the Surprise Me option at the start(this will be your only option on randomized mode)
    -Added a way to change Rotom Forms on Mauville's bike shop
    -Added an option to use/change your bike by pressing R
    on the Start Menu(You need both bikes to use it)
    -Fixed Libero and added it back to Cinderance and co.
    -Now you can press Select in the start menu to save your game like in the later Pokemon Games
    -The menu now does not display the Dexnav Option while you are on areas with no encounters
    -Fixed Aegislash, Wishiwashi, Castform and Darmanitan form changes
    Link: https://www.mediafire.com/file/pzon1hu5cjej0zo/Pokemon_ROWE.zip/file
    The next update is scheluded for the later part of this month or the next for now i will release bugfixes while still working on the other one
    the music update is NOT in this update if i wasn't clear but its nearly done, im taking more time with the overworld and with some things i want to balance out
    If you missed the announcement for this big update its because it was only announced in the Discord and forgot to incude it there, i will post an screenshot of that announcement in a little
    Discord Update:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Back