• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon R.O.W.E. - an Open World Version of Pokémon Emerald(Gen 8, Following Pokémon, Costumes and much More)

Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2022
    For me it's OK to have little changes on pokes, what I like most is QoL changes and tons of new mechanics and new events. What I'm missing in this hack are the teams magma and aqua boss fights (at least I didn't find any yet). About mechanics, I miss the z moves, and dynamax, don't know if it's possible to implement.

The updates are just getting better, thanks Riolu.

You can always make balance changes optional like the mentioned romhacks, but the point is that it's weird that there's changes to Pokémon for the first generations and not for the rest of the them, specially in a romhack that one of its many good things is that is very replayable, so the more Pokémons are viable the better.

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    Wait if the exiolite makes pokemon get the base stats of their next evolution, then what if someone decides to use a Vigoroth with an exiolite?

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Wait if the exiolite makes pokemon get the base stats of their next evolution, then what if someone decides to use a Vigoroth with an exiolite?

Vigoroth has its own exiolite exception. Because it would be too OP w/o traunt, Riolu nerfed it's exiolite boost.

Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2022
    in the 1.6.2 changelog says this:
    " Added trade compatibility with Vanilla games, this way you can transfer your pokemon up to Gen 8 but they won't be legit but that is another matter, trading
    master balls from another game won't work since they will work as normal pokeballs, but you can trade some unobtainable legendaries to ROWE like Suicune, Raikou and Entei, trades are disabled for Full Randomized Mode and No Evolution Mode "

Can someone explain this to me?
    Does that mean we can trade with other games like "Emerald" or "sword and shield"?

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    in the 1.6.2 changelog says this:
    " Added trade compatibility with Vanilla games, this way you can transfer your pokemon up to Gen 8 but they won't be legit but that is another matter, trading
    master balls from another game won't work since they will work as normal pokeballs, but you can trade some unobtainable legendaries to ROWE like Suicune, Raikou and Entei, trades are disabled for Full Randomized Mode and No Evolution Mode "

Can someone explain this to me?
    Does that mean we can trade with other games like "Emerald" or "sword and shield"?

For some reason ROWE won't connect to itself in trade or link battle. He basically means that you can connect to Vanilla Emerald to trade back and forth Gen's 1-3 Pokemon. In order to receive some Pokemon from ROWE however, you must have unlocked the national dex.

You cannot trade to Sw/Sh.

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2023
    I did a look at source code to find (and learn to do) Signature Moves but without success...

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    I did a look at source code to find (and learn to do) Signature Moves but without success...

You should join the Discord group. It's always active and there are a couple devs who may be able to help with your coding issues.

Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2022
    Loving this ROM hack so far. Lots of QoL improvements and features rarely seen in a hack. I randomized my starting town and got Slateport City!

Meep07

Years
  • Hello, may i ask if the only mega stone you could get for Charizard is the Charizardite Y one?

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2024
    Good day everyone, today I would like to bring You all with this little update that changes some Battle Tower Pokemon and other little changes
    Changelog 1.6.3
    -a lot of Battle Tower Pokémon were changed and updated to take into account new Mechanics and Species(Thanks to Jastolze)
    -Added the next Follower Pokémon
    [*]Silvally
    [*]Wigglytuff
    [*]Magnezone
    [*]Dodrio
    [*]Dragonite
    [*]Mewtwo(Available by trading to vanilla FRLG)
    [*]Metagross
    [*]Venusaur
    [*]Charizard
    [*]Blastoise
    [*]Alakazam
    [*]Kangaskhan
    [*]Aerodactyl
    [*]Ampharos
    [*]Aggron
    [*]Medicham
    [*]Manectric
    [*]Banette
    [*]Abomasnow
    [*]Beedrill
    [*]Pidgeot
    [*]Slowbro
    [*]Steelix
    [*]Sharpedo
    [*]Camerupt
    [*]Altaria
    [*]Glalie
    [*]Audino
    [*]Diancie(Not obtainable yet)
    -this means that every Pokémon that has a Mega Evolution can be used as follower
    -Now the Follow option will not appear for Pokémon without follower sprites to avoid confusion
    -The next Pokémon now are able to use exiolite and eviolite because one of their forms has an evolution or got a new evolution in the most recent games
    [*]Qwilfish(Jotho) now gets Overquill stats with an exiolite after level 30 and gets eviolite boost
    [*]both Basculin forms now get Basculegion stats with an exiolite after level 43 and get eviolite boost
    [*]Stantler now gets Wyrdeer stats with an exiolite after level 36 and gets eviolite boost
    [*]Corsola(Jotho) now gets Cursola stats with an exiolite after level 38 and gets eviolite boost
    [*]Linoone(Hoenn) now gets Obstagoon stats with an exiolite after level 35 and gets eviolite boost
    [*]Farfetch'd(Kanto) now gets Sirfetch'd stats with an exiolite after level 36 and gets eviolite boost
    [*]Mr.Mime(Kanto) now gets Mr.Rime stats with an exiolite after level 42 and gets eviolite boost
    [*]Ursaring now gets Ursaluna stats with an exiolite after level 49 and gets eviolite boost
    -Now Exiolite also prevents evolution
    -Now you can buy Silvally Memories in Devon Corp in the first Floor
    -Now you can reset your steps by pressing the select button in the main menu
    -Made some improvements and some fixes(not really)

Here is the download link:
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/pzon1hu5cjej0zo/Pokemon_ROWE.zip/file

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Just wanted to ask, does the latest update have the following sprites for all the Pokémon done? Thanks!

Nope. There will likely not be a version that allows all fully evolved mons to be a follower. It takes up too much space, and Riolu is already low on remaining space.

Meep07

Years
  • Are the wild pokemons who are fully evolved shiny locked? I've been trying to find a shiny gardevoir using the dexnav(dexnav shows ralts but when I encounter it, it becomes a gardevoir or gallade) I'm already over 160 with shiny charm and I still didn't find one. I'm playing 1.6.2 ver.

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Are the wild pokemons who are fully evolved shiny locked? I've been trying to find a shiny gardevoir using the dexnav(dexnav shows ralts but when I encounter it, it becomes a gardevoir or gallade) I'm already over 160 with shiny charm and I still didn't find one. I'm playing 1.6.2 ver.

They shouldn't be shiny locked. I'll check with Rilou to confirm that the game evolving it before you face it in battle doesn't reset the Dexnav chain or something. Also, if you want to search for just basic stages, make the lead Pokemon hold an everstone, Eviolite or Exiolite.

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2022
    I can't open the Start menu at beginning of the game (in the house where you choose your difficulty, starter, etc) like before, I used to be able to do it to soft reset my trainer ID number but since the last patch I can't.

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2024
    I can't open the Start menu at beginning of the game (in the house where you choose your difficulty, starter, etc) like before, I used to be able to do it to soft reset my trainer ID number but since the last patch I can't.

That was made on purpose

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2024
    Good night everyone I'm here to announce that Pokémon R.O.W.E. is on its final stage and will count as complete in future updates, 1 year after starting I think I'm satisfied with the project and can finally mark it as a completed game, the only things left for the next updates will be:
    -Add all the Unobtainable Legendaries and Pokémon forms
    -Change all the Battle Frontier Pokémon
    -Make some Balance changes to Pokémon after Crobat
    -Fill the space left in the rom with new Follower sprites
    -Document a lot of changes
    -Polish some things here and there
    -Add the Mystery gift mons somewhere in the game
    -Tons of Bugfixes

After we release the "final update" the game may get some bugfix updates just in case we need them but there won't be new features or big change to the game.

I'm also going to release the source code after some time after that release since I took it down some months ago for specific reasons that we will know in the future hopefully, Regarding future projects I can't say anything yet but hopefully I can start a project again at some point in the future.

And I would like to release another update taking into account what I said

Changelog 1.6.3.1
    -Enabled Trading between 2 Pokémon ROWE
    -Added Move Tutors to the Pokemon Center on the window that used to be for Egg Moves and now has both Move Tutors and Egg Moves
    -Balanced all the remaining Jotho Pokemon and Documented those changes
    -Fixed Mega Evolved Pokémon not changing types
    -Moves like U-Turn and Teleport now get priority if used by a Pokémon with Run Away
    -Pokemon with Run Away now get a 25% boost on speed
    -Now Gale Wings works if your Pokémon has over 75% of its max health
    -Fixed Steelix Follower sprite
    -Fixed some issues with level caps
    -Modified Flannery team
    -Gave Volt Tackle to Luxray as Move Tutor and Super Power to Lurantis and Malamar
    -Other misc changes and bugfixes

Here is the download Link
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/pzon1hu5cjej0zo/Pokemon_ROWE.zip/file
    The Documentation was updated for this update

Back