• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Pokemon R/S/E Contest strategies

Which is your Favorite?

• Beauty

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Cool

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Cute

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Smart

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Tough

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Years
  • this thread is for Pokemon R/S/E contest strategies for everyone to share their best pokemon strategies for the contests. Mine is just teach my pokemon a move that has four hearts and another move with minus four and plus four both the same type share your own!!

PLUS does anyone know how to get your pokemon up in a painting in the art museum?

Dog11561

People to see, things to do.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • NY
    • Seen Jan 22, 2023
    u gotta beat all the levels of a certain contest with the same pokemon and u ge the pic of the pokemon in the museum. i got my uber lv 100 azumarill named Rolly in the museum. it has a nice pic. my strongest pokemon in all the games.

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2009
    Haha my contest pokemon is quite... unconventional? Well, move-wise, at least. I have a level 75 Swellow(favoritest pokemon I have) with 20 ribbons, and he's pretty much a contest beast. X) His moveset's Thief, Aerial Ace, Fly, and Return. I don't have any real strategy, just to use Aerial Ace when I'm up front, and don't use Fly unless I'm up front and I've already used Aerial Ace. lol But he's Master in Cool, Smart, and Tough, needs 1 win to be Master in Beauty, and needs 2 more ribbons in Cute. I'm extremely proud of him and his babies, though(I breed him quite often for good cool contest offspring). I'm sure there's someone out there with a better contest pokemon, but he's quite the contest(and battling) master. =)

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    Insert random filler here.

Last edited:

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • To get your painting up in the museum, your Pokemon has to beat the Master Rank Contest in Lilycove City. After you do so, he will meet up with you and make a painting of the winning Pokemon. He then takes it up to the museum and gives your Pokemon a ribbon.

I have Milotic in the museum along with others; Milotic primarily uses Blizzard / Icebeam in Beauty I think.

Pysncrono

Spriter / UU Battler
    Years
  • As far as I know, you have to win the master rank AND in the winning contest you need to fill the appluase bar atleast once. I used Skarmory for Cool, Castform for Beauty, Spoink for Smart, Anortih for Cute and my crap REGIROCK for Tough :P
    You get a Pidgeot statue to use in your base if you get all five paintings.

groudonlover

Mateus readies Hellfire...
    Years
  • To get a Painting you need 6 Stars at the Master Rank Scoreboard, then a painter will come and talk to you, answer yes to his question and you have a painting, get all of the Paintings and you will get a Trainer Star, and a Glass Ornament(Secret Base Decoration) from a man at the Seond Floor of the Painting Museum.

I used these Pokemon:
    Tough: Banette: Curse/Spite/Curse/Spite/Destiny Bond (from Wobbuffet/Koffing/Weezing)
    Smart: Altaria: Refresh/Dragon Dance/Refresh/Secret Power/Fly
    Cute: Wishcash: Snore/Rest/Snore/Rest/Snore
    Beauty: Castform: Ember/Sunny Day/Ember/Sunny Day/Ember
    Cool: Swellow: Double Team/Quick Attack/Aerial Ace/Double Team/Hyper Beam

Castform acually got Perfect Score!!!

Sweet Jasmine

s m i l e :)
    Years
  • Well i prefer Beauty Pokemons :P... Also my strategy is to let your pokemon learn Beauty Skills.. That's all and make them appeal cute :3

Kagamine

♪♫~
    Years
  • My strategy is basically, feed them the right pokeblocks and give them all moves of the same category. Sometimes, I use combos like sunny day + flamethrower/fire blast. The pokemon you use doesn't really matter, as long as the moves are good. I used jigglypuff to win all the tough contests. xD

Back