• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Rainbow Isles

What CBS should Pokemon Rainbow Isles Use

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DragonX

Creator of Rainbow Isles
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2005
    Hello everyone. I am a new member here at the Pokecommunity. I have been extremely interested for the past few weeks in RM2K. As I considered possible games to create, I thought, hey how about a Pokemon game (those games are always fun). So here I am. I have decided to create a new RM2K3 Pokemon game called, Pokemon Rainbow Isles.

Storyish Thing: There are 9 Islands in a new reigon (name pending), each corrosponding to a general type (aka tcg catagories). You start off on the Grass island (contains Bug, Grass, and Poision Pokemon) in the small town of Sapgrove. You go to the professor to find out that he's already given away his "Normal" starting Pokemon, and you get an eevee instead (lucky you). You travel throughout the land doing the Pokemon game thing (leveling up, catching Pokemon, etc). There is an new evil team though called team Prism, which is attempting to merge the 9 Islands, creating a supercontinent, and supposedly releasing a legendary Pokemon. You have to stop them....

Features:
    REAL TIME pokemon battle system (I have no idea how I am going to make this)
    New Eevee evolutions (possibly around 8 ish)

Screenshots:

Pokemon Rainbow Isles

Sapgrove Woods (on bike)
    Pokemon Rainbow Isles

Sapgrove Woods
    Pokemon Rainbow Isles

Petal Beach (Start menu from Rm2kkid. Sorry for not asking permission, I'll make a new one myself if Rm2kkid doesn't want me using his)
    Pokemon Rainbow Isles

Route A (routes named by letters
    Pokemon Rainbow Isles

Reddwood's Lab
    Pokemon Rainbow Isles

Sapgrove
    Pokemon Rainbow Isles

Showing off Town display, sign uses deffult Naming System
    Pokemon Rainbow Isles

Sapgrove
    Pokemon Rainbow Isles

Your House
    Pokemon Rainbow Isles

Your house
    Pokemon Rainbow Isles

Intro
    Pokemon Rainbow Isles

Modded Oak Sprite (by me, I know it's horrible and I need a new one)
    Pokemon Rainbow Isles

Title Screen

Enjoy!
    I am currently debating wether or not to put music in the demo of my game, which should be out soon. I will try to make a site for the game soon!

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2004
    WOW, I really like this game it looks very nice. Rm2k3kid ripped that from fr/lg I'm sure he won't mind you using it, but it's good to ask.
    -The evee evolutions look awesome and oak looks cool too!

Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2006
    Awsome game. IF you need help with somthing you can always pm me. I can make that you can jump. Or that you can run with running shoes. Day/night and lots of more

Last edited:

DragonX

Creator of Rainbow Isles
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2005
    Oh sorry, I forgot, the New eevelutions aren't mine, theyre from mews hangout. I already have a working jump system thing, and bike system(kinda), and running system. I do need a custom character set for Prof Reddwood though. Thanks for the encouragement.

Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2006
    Ok but if you need help. You can always pm me. I can help almost with everything accept the battle system.
    Becouse i love helping people. And i ever whas i begon with a game for rm2k3 . But i have never ended the game!

DragonX

Creator of Rainbow Isles
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2005
    I have a dilemma, I have no Idea where to get resources for creating a world map. Is there a such thing as a world map chipset?

Please tell me where I can find something to solve this problem, or if you'd be willing to make the map for me (if so, I'll give you an image of what the map is supposed to look like).

Thanks alot.

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    Show your map to RM2K3KID. He'll turn it into a pokemonish map for you.

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
    Years
    I have a map chipset I uised it on my game Use it if you want
    (you can make a map out of it ) HERE:

Last edited:

DragonX

Creator of Rainbow Isles
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2005
    Thanks, I tried to make it myself. Could you tell me if this is any good?
    Pokemon Rainbow Isles

If rm2k3kid would like to remake it for me, I'd be happy for him to.

I'll try using that cool chipset.

Progress: I just made a new cave called venom cave. It's on the first Island, but you can only get it once you get cut.

I've decided to make a pole on weather or not to use the regular pokemon battle system, or a new real time one. Vote now.

Last edited:
    Years
    Wow, I really like the name of your game. It really attracts attention!
    I personally think you should use the real-time CBS but it should be like the original one, to keep the player active but at the same time, not losing the original "pokemon touch"
    Anyway good luck and I am awaiting a demo :)

DragonX

Creator of Rainbow Isles
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2005
    Wow, thanks rm2k3kid. I tried out my map system, but for some reason, I can't move when I'm on the world map.

I made it memorize the position, then teleport to the map of the world map, and change the hero's sprite to a curser. I keep testing and modifying it, but cannot move my character. Does anyone have suggestions.

Thanks for the comments about the game krazy.

I could release a demo maybe next week, but it wouldn't nessicarily be excellent (I'm very focused on school right now)

Spiro

Dark Dragon Master
    Years
    • Age 40
    • Seen Jun 13, 2014
    nice work this looks great cant wait to try it out

DragonX

Creator of Rainbow Isles
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2005
    This is horrible. I have done so much stuff. I made most of the battle system, added new places, created random incounters, only to find out that the computer I was using to make the game has been wiped clean. I'm going to have to restart the project. Oh well. I guess this will allow me to do some things, like easily import the cbs, and cms into my game without switch and variable overlaps.

Oh well, wish me luck, I probably won't be able to continue the project for about a month. :disappoin

Years
    Your game looks awesome, i'm sorry to hear that your computer was wiped, best of luck for your game.

DragonX

Creator of Rainbow Isles
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2005
    Of course it won't go. Its progress will just be greatly delayed. You see, I'm in a strange situation, because I've been operating rm2k(3) from my brother's computer, because mine's a mac. Because of that, I haven't had as much time to work on the game, since he's always on the computer, and now that its wiped, I'll have to restart. That's ok though.

I have a better Idea of what I wan't to do now. I'm planning on using the team project custom item system, and then work on my own real-time battle system. I may make a different reigon. I sortive want to make the game take place on the Sevii islands, and maybe add a new place; possibly the orange islands if I can find out what they would look like.

I have a pretty good idea of how the battle system would work. When a battle begins, you'll be teleported to a battle map. During a trainer battle, you'll see the trainers faces, and the number of pokemon they have left in the upper right and left hand courners. You're sprite association would change to the pokemon you're controlling, and you would be able to walk around. The pokemon's speed would vary based on its stat for speed. Ex: If speed stat=10, hero speed=1 or something like that. When you get up to the opponent, you could attack it using a button. The space bar would trigger the standard attack (ex: tackle) and the shift bar would activate a special attack (ex: ember). When you go up to your trainer's sprite and press space, you would have access to the item menu, and the change pokemon screen.

I'm not exactly sure how to program the enemy pokemon yet, but I'll try to find out.

I'll try to get this all on paper so I can begin working as soon as I have a computer available. I guess there's always virtual pc...

Last edited:
    Years
    Sounds cool, though I don't really like the idea of a real-time battle system it will still be good.

Don't you mean the Sevii Islands? Since Knot Island is only Island 1

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    You should try fiddling around with the team battle system and add the features
    you want into it. It doesn't really matter if the game gets delayed. All that matters
    to me is that it hasn't ended.

Back