• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Ranch, worth the points?

Worth the Points?

• Totally, Pokemon Ranch is the coolest

Votes: 18 42.9%
  • No, you buy it and you really don't do anything on it

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • I haven't played it yet

Votes: 19 45.2%

• Total voters

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
    I've been begging my mom to get me Wii points, and she fianlly gave in and bought me a 2000 point card. I was looking at My Pokemon Ranch on the Nintendo Channel and it looked cool. But I want to know before I waste half my points, is it worth getting?

Silver

Kyle
    Years
    If you need any extra space for storing pokemon from your Diamond or Pearl games than yes you should get it.

Persona

Banned
    Years
    well I do need extra space, but my brother wants me to get it just so he can see Gardevoir and Kirlia on it

Pokémon Ranch's gameplay is shallow. It's hardly interactive, and the graphics are overly simplistic. It's really just there for the purpose of performing a service to the players rather than entertainment. If you need a bit of direction with your Pokédex or extra space for your collection, then I guess it's worth looking into. Otherwise, you won't find much else.

I personally don't find the game worth 1000 points.

Shem

Bored...
    Years
    if you trade with hayley there she will eventually give you a mew and a phione, not to mention a bubch of other pokemon that are technically events and worth someting over wi-fi trading

super-7

Glaceon King of Glaciers
    Years
    the game is awesome it can store your pokemon and you can get some wicked pokemon outta it

EndGame

Knower of things
    Years
    this is just the thread i needed, i was wondering about this piece of wiiware the other day when i purchased my 2k card so i could get a few nes games (punch out was calling me from the grave). it semed decent enough but the nintendo website did very lttle to advertise it besides make me vote against getting it.

Shem

Bored...
    Years
    i would get it. Its 10 dollars top get 22 event pokemon that you can easily get some shinies or events with. Even though its not all that fun

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
    it has a simple charm to it, your pokemon taking on a sort of Mii form of their own, interacting based on every possible variable, from race, to type, to nature, to the very concentration of those specific variables and your grand total. Taking snapshots is a refreshing way to spend time, and hte game actually rewards you with little skits if you have the right pokemon in there. (All the unowns will line up to mimic a keyboard if you have them).

Admittedly though the actual interactiveness is very limited to speak of, other than visiting other people's ranches just so they can show off their pictures and pokemon. The pokemon skits don't happen immediately and are completely random, and you may not find it worth your time to wait for them.

However, it IS the only way to legitimately get a Mew, and you can get a phione from Hayley that is technically an event pokemon. not to mention all the other pokemon she trades you as well, which really aren't all that bad. At base, it is a supplement to D/P. If for no other reason you should get it for the pokemon you get out of it. I personally found it to be a quaint little game that provides little nuggets of fun and amusement, but it most certainly isn't anything I would play at length.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    Well if you are a serious breeder it is very helpful!
    Also if you deposit enough Pokemon in, you get a Mew from Hayley as someone mentioned above.
    I think it would be pretty cool but I don't need the storage..

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
    Alright cool, thanks guys, I have it now, and I she traded my Leafeon for her Phione. So, can't wait! A moderator can close this now

Back