• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Rant Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skyline_333

Chime-inator. He'll be back.
    Years
    Got anything Pokemon related that you want to rant about? Get it off your chest here.
    Not sure if a thread like this already exists, but if it does a Mod will close this anyway so...

OMG Pokemon Ranger annoys me so much. "Wild Ditto appeared. Circle it 341 times!" *Circles 340 times* *Ditto moves 1mm* "Your styler broke." And whats with the whole you can only use a Pokemon once thing? Or that Dragonite thing. I just think that it's an epic failure of a game, and yet they are making a 3rd. Why? Why would they do that? Haven't people drawn enough circles having played the first, never mind the second? I have the first Pokemon Ranger and I refuse to play it. Ever.

So, got a comeback to that, or something else you wanna rant about? Then post it below.

Bye.

Years
    Yes, there are lots of stuff I want to get off my chest. A lot of these I have already said before many of times on this forum and on Serebiiforums.

1) Pokemon is gay/Pokemon is for babies

This is probably my biggest annoyance about people's attitudes towards Pokemon. Pokemon is not for babies and is certainly not gay. Pokemon is not Spongebob Squarepants or anything similar what have kiddy-like characters and childish storylines. Pokemon is much more complex and in many cases, and in particular some movies, has some very dark plots while movies 5 and 8 both have tragic twist at the ends, what are far from babyish. You won't see anything like that in Spongebob Squarepants. And if the yet to be seen English airing of the Hunter J episode is to be included, then Hunter J will be the first human to die in the anime and the first character altogether to die on the actual series rather than in the movie. Thats if she is dead. Any episode what focuses on the real Team Rocket (not Jessie and James), Team Galactic, have been shown to be very dark and has scenes of quite a violent nature with their abuse of pokemon. In the 5th movie, Latios dies in quite a violent way. Just because it is not real people acting doesn't make it childish. The same thing goes for Power Rangers and that is live-action with many violent scenes and references to "destroy them", etc.

2) Ash doesn't evolve any of his Pokemon

This is one of those things when people try and relate the anime to the game. In the anime, Pokemon what evolve through happiness and level evolution will evolve when they are ready, not when Ash or whoever their trainer is is ready. The only pokemon Ash ever evolved was a Sunkern and that was with a Sun Stone.

3) The anime sticking to the 4 move limit

I made a post about this once not so long ago in a thread on Serebii Forums. Like with 2), the anime does not stick to game mechanics so pokemon do not forget moves in the anime. The brain doesn't automatically forget something to replace it with another skill, that would be stupid in the anime. You don't forget to crawl when you learnt to walk and you don't forget to make sandwiches when you learnt to walk. On an unrelated note, you don't forget to learn how to swim when you learn how to climb mountains. Although it may seem that in D/P, the pokemon only use 4 moves, it doesn't mean they have forgotten those other moves, they are just not shown to use them.

4) 4Kids, censorship, mistakes, etc

Most of the time, 4Kids have done a great job dubbing but a lot of the censorship has annoyed me a bit. What was the point of banning Legend Of Dratini, what has guns but every other episode what includes them and other weapons have been shown. Don't say its because it is aimed directly at Ash as guns have been aimed directly at characters in other episodes and they have been shown. Guns and bazookas have been fired yet this episode doesn't get shown. 4Kids also banned Holiday In Acapulco for the James scene what personally I wouldn't have a problem with. I do not find Jynx racist either so their banning of The Ice Cave was stupid and the SARS excuse was stupid because they had already shown Sick Daze not so long before The Ice Cave was supposed to air.
    The single biggest mistake 4Kids ever did was the extremely shocking and embarrassing Trainer's Choice what said Arbok evolved into Seviper. I mean WTF. How on earth did they come up with that or did they just forget that Arbok had already left before Jessie caught Seviper. You'd think they would do some research on evolutions, etc in order to do Trainer's Choice. Another silly mistake was Brock saying he had a Ninetales when in fact he never did evolve Vulpix.
    I recently saw Pokemon Heroes, which I thought was quite good although the ending was quite tragic, something never before done in a Pokemon movie. What bugs me was that I found out that the storyline of the 4Kids dub was completely different to the original Japanese script and that Annie and Oakley were not part of TR among other things. What on earth possessed 4Kids to completely change the storyline for the 4Kids dub?

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    To be honest with you, I don't see the point of having one thread to rant about Pokemon. The whole point of this forum is to have a rant and a discussion of Pokemon in General so we really don't need one thread.

Locked.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back