• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokemon rarity levels in the originals

Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2014
    I remember wasting hours into the search for a Feebas, literally hours. I eventually gave up and got one from my friend.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Regardless of how rare Pokemon are ingame, the rarities are now slightly diluted due to wifi access. I can see it going both ways. Keeping Feebas's rarity since people have access to GTS and people around the world instead of those they know in real life, or lowering its rarity because it really was a nightmare, haha.

Years
  • As helpful as GTS access is, I personally enjoy the challenge of catching Pokemon myself, and the sense of accomplishment that comes with it. That said, I've never even attempted to catch a Feebas because it sounds like an absolutely abysmal time, man. :[ I really hope they change that, because Milotic is heavily sought after, and it's frustrating to make it that difficult to obtain. Only upside to the current method is it makes having a legitimately obtained Milotic on your team an impressive feat.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • That is my guess. Hoenn got ignored a lot in X/Y, another hint that remakes were coming. I'll even say that the Event Torchic was another hint.

Really? Because quite a few of the Hoenn favorites were there (Trapinch, Bagon, Ralts). Though it would be nice to make a list of Hoenn Pokémon in X and Y. Sinnoh games also had few Johto Pokémon.

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2014
    I love that there are difficult-to-find pokemon… but Feebas is a little much. I mean, I guess I like there to be a different way to make a pokemon rare than just making it 1% appearance rate, but the tiles thing was weird, and in any case is now obsolete. I imagine they keep everything the same but that.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Really? Because quite a few of the Hoenn favorites were there (Trapinch, Bagon, Ralts). Though it would be nice to make a list of Hoenn Pokémon in X and Y. Sinnoh games also had few Johto Pokémon.
    Yeah, I later went combing Black and found that a lot actually appear in Friend Safaris. But not in the wild. That's the key thing here. Which suggests that Friend Safaris, though they may operate the same way, will in fact be different sets of Pokémon (and maybe a different level) in Hoenn. I'm sure the battle format will be carried over now; I can't see them going back to the complex method because it's so much harder to catch one Pokémon than it is sharing friend codes, which they want us doing using the online service.

And yes, Trapinch came to my mind, and Ralts especially with Mega Gardevoir. I think I have Bagon too.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • Yeah I hope they would bring back the rarity levels back in the game. It doesn't feel as rewarding as getting a Feebas from XY, trade it with Prism Scale, and get a Milotic. :/

I kinda like the complicated contest evolution method of Feebas, so I hope they return.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Yeah I hope they would bring back the rarity levels back in the game. It doesn't feel as rewarding as getting a Feebas from XY, trade it with Prism Scale, and get a Milotic. :/

I kinda like the complicated contest evolution method of Feebas, so I hope they return.
    They already have trading with Prism Scale involved. I don't think they'll have a different evolution in the same generation unless both are possible. It would mean bringing back beauty points, and I think that may have confused people, hence why they made it a trade with a Prism Scale in the first place.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • They already have trading with Prism Scale involved. I don't think they'll have a different evolution in the same generation unless both are possible. It would mean bringing back beauty points, and I think that may have confused people, hence why they made it a trade with a Prism Scale in the first place.

I hope that they allow us to use the old method too. While it may have confused people it made us have to get our Feebas to become Beautiful. I think part of Milotic being referred to as the 'Most Beautiful Pokemon' in the world has something with it having evolved due to it's said beauty stat as a Milotic.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • They already have trading with Prism Scale involved. I don't think they'll have a different evolution in the same generation unless both are possible. It would mean bringing back beauty points, and I think that may have confused people, hence why they made it a trade with a Prism Scale in the first place.

Actually the reason why the Prism Scale was introduced because contests were removed in Gen 5, where the Prism Scale was introduced. There was no way of evolving Milotic unless you transferred it from Gen 3 or Gen 4.

Years
    Actually, beauty points still exist in xy. Try it: Fully increase a feebas' beauty in emerald and transfer it over, then level it up; it should still evolve. The way they store pokemon's data is the same as in rse, and thus any characteristic or attached statistic it had back then is still in the game now, even if you can't see it.

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    Let's not forget the 1% encounter chance for Surskit on the first route in Ruby and Sapphire!

I seriously hope they don't change this at all. Because I love the rarity rate on these Pokemon and it would feel a lot more nostalgic if they allowed that to stay in general. I'd be disappointed if they toned down the difficulty on the encounter rates/obtainability on some of these Pokemon.

I want to watch my roommate struggle to find Surskit on the first route in ORAS. Don't do this to me, GF. D:

KillerTyphlosion

Champion
    Years
  • Well the thing is a lot of the rare pokemon are on gts and are way to easy to catch in X/Y. And we have pokebank now so if you have all the pokemon on X/Y you could easily transfer all pokemon to ORAS.

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2016
    The most likely reason for Chimecho's rarity is that it was added very late into development so they probably didn't have a chance to implement in trainer's rosters by then.

Years
  • Let's not forget the 1% encounter chance for Surskit on the first route in Ruby and Sapphire!

1% is a bit ridiculous, though, especially for the first route. I spent at least two and a half hours looking for my Surskit, and that's not a fun way to start one's journey, haha. d: It doesn't have to be bumped up too significantly though, just enough to not make it absurd. Keep the challenging factor, for sure! It makes owning a rare Pokemon that much sweeter :]

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Let's not forget the 1% encounter chance for Surskit on the first route in Ruby and Sapphire!

I seriously hope they don't change this at all. Because I love the rarity rate on these Pokemon and it would feel a lot more nostalgic if they allowed that to stay in general. I'd be disappointed if they toned down the difficulty on the encounter rates/obtainability on some of these Pokemon.

I want to watch my roommate struggle to find Surskit on the first route in ORAS. Don't do this to me, GF. D:

1 percent? I didn't even know it was that low. Now I feel lucky since I found it by accident on Sapphire and Emerald...

I hope they keep Feebas the same way it was in the originals, and have the tiles work the way they did in RSE. Imagine if they are to be as random as they were in DPP...which was far harder as they shifted everyday while in RSE our saying in Dewford determined where the tiles were, and so long as one didn't change it they'll stay there (so once someone found it and made sure to remember they'll be able to come back and find more Feebas').

Years
  • About Feebas

We all remember the dreadful task of getting a Feebas in the R/S/E. Only obtainable in 6 tiles on Route 119, a 1/73 chance of finding that dreaded Pokemon (according to Bulbapedia.) My question is, do you think this feature might be reintroduced into the remakes, or will they make it a regular Pokemon you can get by fishing. Also, do you think that you may need Beauty to evolve Feebas instead of trading it with a Prism Scale to make it more similar to R/S/E? Discuss!

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2017
    Both methods should be available. If you were to transfer a Generation Three Feebas with max beauty all the way over to Generation Six it will still evolve into Milotic upon leveling up. The data for contest stats still exists in the Pokemon's file. It's just not actively displayed.

Of course the Prism Scale will still work but it's up in the air whether or not you will be able to obtain one in-game. I'm personally hoping there will be one. Or a contest stat reset bag like you had for Super Training.

Back