• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon RarityHoenn - Remake of Ruby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Thread info:
    HACK NAME
    Pokemon RarityHoenn

HACK OF
    Pokemon Ruby (U)

Introduction
    The world has risen again, with evolution taking the upper hand. Since you are in the NEW Hoenn, 500 years later, there'll be the same pokemon, but under pressure.

Story
    You wake up in your room. Nothing too special here, but you feel strange. You find yourself in a truck, sleeping. You notice something different about most of Hoenn... but you don't know what it is. Defeat the Elite 4, destroy Team Magma, and save the power that is Groudon.
    TRUTH: You decide

Features
    New Maps
    New starters
    A bit of New Text
    New wild pokemon
    New scripts
    New sprites

Screens:
    Yes, there are 13 screens in the game, and there'll only be like 5 minutes game time, and I had to put them in a spoiler.
    Spoiler:

Questions!
    Question: When will the test be revealed?
    Answer: Soon enough, just wait. I need time for a good *.ini* extension for Pokemon Ruby and a Trainer Sprite editor. Then it'll be out (trainer sprites are edited by 2nd test)

Question: Can you PM it?
    Answer: No. If it won't download, then deal with it!

Question: It won't work on my computer, what's the deal?
    Answer: Several answers. One - get Lunar LIPS, Two - Get VisualBoy Advance, Three - clean Ruby ROM (must be clean! And US rom as well) and Four - Internet's fault.

Question: Can you give me a donut?
    Answer: No. Stop Spamming.

The worst part of this - glitches...
    1. When you run, you flash between black and white. It's fun, so it'll stay there.
    2. On Route 702, after Wally catches a Ralts, the girl there will look like the player. Won't fix.

Version 1 download:
    View attachment 38569

P.S. Sorry for the wrong sized pictures. Oh well.

Last edited:

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    1st one to comment.

It looks okay, I think...
    Nothing seems to have change, though. The story is kinda hanging.., however, interesting. Do you plan to change tiles and add some more things to it..?

Anyways, I wish you for the best.

As always.., DJG...

- edited -

I have lost my interest... Here's a screeny of the first glitch I have found.
    Pokemon RarityHoenn - Remake of Ruby

And I am currently uploading a video in YouTube about anothe error I have found. I'll post it here later. Good day.

- edited -

here...
    https://es.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQAlwIGNkLw

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2008
    Erm...

I agree, hardly anything has changed and starting of with he last evolutions will be kinda...boring. Add Some More Tiles and Improve The Stroy A bit ;)

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
    Years
    I don't like this hack. It would have been nice to see someone remake Hoenn, but on a FireRed rom. All you did was edit the maps I take it. And having Blaziken, sceptile and swampert as starters isn't a good Idea either. But I might be wrong.
    -cooley

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    1st one to comment.

It looks okay, I think...
    Nothing seems to have change, though. The story is kinda hanging.., however, interesting. Do you plan to change tiles and add some more things to it..?

Anyways, I wish you for the best.

As always.., DJG...

- edited -

I have lost my interest... Here's a screeny of the first glitch I have found.
    Pokemon RarityHoenn - Remake of Ruby

And I am currently uploading a video in YouTube about anothe error I have found. I'll post it here later. Good day.

- edited -

here...
    https://es.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQAlwIGNkLw

I didn't have much time to edit the glitches, but I'll change the starters for the second version. That glitch was fixed, but why is it there? I don't know.
    I'll try to fix it.
    Hint- Adding up a new map. No more info available. Just need an ini patch.
    Also- Can't edit Firered, just ruby.

M i n a t o //

Listen to the Stereo
    Years
    Seems decent, but all it looks like is u changed some dialog and added some maps.
    Maybe you could add a few new tiles, Change the cities a bit more, and switch the starters since theres not really any challenge (or fun to me) if u dont get to evolve them and get moves from ealier evolutions.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Seems decent, but all it looks like is u changed some dialog and added some maps.
    Maybe you could add a few new tiles, Change the cities a bit more, and switch the starters since theres not really any challenge (or fun to me) if u dont get to evolve them and get moves from ealier evolutions.

I'll make the final evolutions have different movesets.
    Also, I have fixed the two glitches (one is in the boxes, need Gameshark to get it, the trainer was destroyed)
    Here's the better version.
    View attachment 38571

Frostbite

Ace Trainer
    Years
    The story really doesn't seem to change from the original Ruby game. You also still use the original scripts from the game.
    To me, this is just an edit of maps and dialog which I don't consider a hack at all.

Also, having final stage Pokemon as starters is just plain ridiculous.

pkmnmaster69

When will this day end?
    Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2020
    Whats the point of remaking ruby with map changes and story and lame old final stage starters and also editing the hero sprite and also theres no point of remaking ruby when your hacking it.

Erimgard

Rocket's Revenge
    Years
    sorry, but your story is virtually non-existent, you don't have any screens that actually show your work. just looks to me like a few mapping/text changes.
    You should put more time into a hack before posting it

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back