• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokemon Rebalanced (Demo, 5 Badges & Pokemon Tower)

Which city should the SS Anne head to after you beat Surge?

• Olivine City

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Mossdeep City

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Snowpoint City

• Driftveil City

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2018
    Congrats on making the showcase. Wouldn't say it's an easy feat, knowing how much work eventing can actually be. Usually fangames make them feel forced.

And the way the npc trainers are right now, I wouldn't really say Ev training's necessary. It's not Pokemon Reborn level difficult, since the gym leaders don't have Pokemon that counter their weaknesses. That's the kind of praise I've seen that game gets.

Wootius

Glah
    Years
    • Seen May 31, 2022
    Congrats on making the showcase. Wouldn't say it's an easy feat, knowing how much work eventing can actually be. Usually fangames make them feel forced.

And the way the npc trainers are right now, I wouldn't really say Ev training's necessary. It's not Pokemon Reborn level difficult, since the gym leaders don't have Pokemon that counter their weaknesses. That's the kind of praise I've seen that game gets.

Thank you, I've tried hard to improve my eventing! I don't remember how far you've gotten.

I don't go quite as far as Reborn, yes. Reborn's difficulty comes a lot from very tight level caps and a very curated Pokemon selection. As well as good Gym leaders with their new field effects. ;)

If I limited my free hand with Pokemon more and tightened the level screws it'd be harder, but I like having a wide variety of Pokemon available to switch it up on the fly. Level caps got a very poor reception elsewhere and I know lots of people like catching lots of 'mons. Due to that though, a good portion of the difficulty will come from not taking four Ground and Lightning Rod Pokemon to Surge. Just take your favorites or that one that was always crap that you'd've liked to use.

Brock has been wrecking face on the other forum this is on. First Leader and is very different so that's expected.

Misty has a surprise or two for people.

Surge has a few 'mons that don't have the standard ground weakness and a wildcard. Was buffed recently.

Erika has a fire/ice counter and a cool wildcard. Might get a second wildcard.

Koga will try to counter his obvious weaknesses.

Sabrina is kinda mapped out and will be scary.

Blaine, Drought. STAB Extremespeed Arcanine.

Giovanni will say screw the rules.

Blue is keeping that title.

Any feedback you'd like to give on leaders/rival/story battles in a PM(to avoid spoiling things) would be welcome. I'll do anything fair to make the game harder. :D

Wootius

Glah
    Years
    • Seen May 31, 2022
    Updates have stopped as I'm adding the Phase 2 moves and movesets in right now. Due to all the moves not being in, I literally cannot compile the game until they're all in. I also have to make new effects. And the data entry for putting the new moves in puts me to sleep. :V I have 7 more types to go put in.

So later today I expect to have that finished and a Phase 2 Kanto build out. THIS WILL NOT BE SAVE COMPATIBLE, as far as Pokemon are concerned.

Due to the new Pokemon defines file, Pokemon past #151 do not have new movesets or stats. So, if you want to keep playing with 'mons past Gen 1 ' stay with the current demo!

Phase 2 Johto will start today or Sunday. Thank you for playing.

Wootius

Glah
    Years
    • Seen May 31, 2022
    Phase 2 Johto has started. Here's a preview. Likely to nerf other stats(the weaker defense) to compensate for the SS tier(140) expert stat. The new moves.

F7aTIBQ.png

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    nice thought giving Meganium such high HP, seeing as how it's ment to be a sauropod dinosaur. When they reached full size, they were virtually invincible unless they were to trip and fall over somehow, so seeing Meganium with upgraded bulk is a excellent change.

Also what is Burp exactly? Normal or poison, I have yet to find out that at the moment. A lot of the new moves I've yet to check their typing.

Also hope that there's a chance we can see custom animations for the new moves in the future, it gets a bit dull not seeing what the moves do at times.

Wootius

Glah
    Years
    • Seen May 31, 2022
    Yeah, it's the big old lump of HP compared to Blastoise's harder defences. I may lower Meganium to 140/90/90 defensively, but it really is just a support 'mon that can hurt water and electric 'mons.

Burp is Special Tackle.

I likely won't touch animation until the end, if I even do.

Wootius

Glah
    Years
    • Seen May 31, 2022
    Can you update the file to demo1.2 mediafire said it gone can put another link.

You must have caught me right as I was updating! The current reddit link works. :)

I've also figured out how to record video easily. Something else to learn to edit now...

After Lavender you'll have two paths; To Fuchsia and on with the story or a small break to somewhere on the SS Aqua!

Last edited:
    Years
  • You must have caught me right as I was updating! The current reddit link works. :)

I've also figured out how to record video easily. Something else to learn to edit now...

After Lavender you'll have two paths; To Fuchsia and on with the story or a small break to somewhere on the SS Aqua!

Oh wow I must be psychic now :P but I really am surprise that I contact you when you were updating.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    So later today I expect to have that finished and a Phase 2 Kanto build out. THIS WILL NOT BE SAVE COMPATIBLE, as far as Pokemon are concerned.

Due to the new Pokemon defines file, Pokemon past #151 do not have new movesets or stats. So, if you want to keep playing with 'mons past Gen 1 ' stay with the current demo!

Aw dangit.......And just as I had a fairly decent team.

Perhaps for the best, with Growlithe as a normal type as well as a fire type it has screwed up a lot of the equilibrium I intended for with my team. My plan was to go through a rush with my very first Red version team which was Venusaur, Lapras, Arcanine, Pidgeot, Primeape, and Golem. If Pidgeot were just plain flying as opposed to normal/flying in this that would help (I like arcanine as a normal type honestly due to Extreme Speed) since even with the strength the normal type has with its ghost immunity, a pidgeot ends up losing out on a few things that help it out. It ends up being easy for a fighting type to whollop it with cross chop or close combat for example, and in this case Feather Dance and Roost don't help it at all.

Then again if it used Roost as a pure flying type that wouldn't work at all. And the problem from there is if we were to change Pidgeot's Normal type to another, what would it be? Looks like I'll have to consider a different bird pokemon altogether or restart my game entirely and go with a different team setup.

Wootius

Glah
    Years
    • Seen May 31, 2022
    Aw dangit.......And just as I had a fairly decent team.

Perhaps for the best, with Growlithe as a normal type as well as a fire type it has screwed up a lot of the equilibrium I intended for with my team. My plan was to go through a rush with my very first Red version team which was Venusaur, Lapras, Arcanine, Pidgeot, Primeape, and Golem. If Pidgeot were just plain flying as opposed to normal/flying in this that would help (I like arcanine as a normal type honestly due to Extreme Speed) since even with the strength the normal type has with its ghost immunity, a pidgeot ends up losing out on a few things that help it out. It ends up being easy for a fighting type to whollop it with cross chop or close combat for example, and in this case Feather Dance and Roost don't help it at all.

Then again if it used Roost as a pure flying type that wouldn't work at all. And the problem from there is if we were to change Pidgeot's Normal type to another, what would it be? Looks like I'll have to consider a different bird pokemon altogether or restart my game entirely and go with a different team setup.

I'd go Xatu myself or Honchkrow.

A Fighting resistance ability could be cool too for Pidgeot.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    Yeah I mean we have Thick Fat to work on fire and ice moves already it would make sense to have more abilities like that. I think I got a good name I mind too; Brick Tough. I was inspired by an ability of the same name from the mystery dungeon series. In those games it bulks up HP but it would make sense to have that as the ability.

Either that or alter the Big Pecks ability to make it resist fighting moves.

Wootius

Glah
    Years
    • Seen May 31, 2022
    Solid Brick is in, at 50% reduction. They'll just use rock attacks but it'll be nice for switching or the like!

Slateport is finished! Here's a preview.

Back