• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Pokemon recommended for contests?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Da Kid J3

Its Da Kid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2010
    Ultimate pokemon for contest are Milotic its the best really in contest it can't be beat

Da Kid J3

Its Da Kid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2010
    ha well you got me thier i have no clue i usally dont comepeat in the contest i just battle gym's good luck tho.

Ninetales1

Japan-flavoured Europhile
    Years
    Hehheh, just use a Good Rod to catch a Barboach with a Timid/Hasty/Jolly/Naive nature and it comes with a really good moveset for a Cuteness contest. I recommend using Mago or Magost Berries to make the Pokeblocks, as if you feed enough of the Pokeblocks that result to a favourable-nature Pokemon, its condition maxes out before it's full.

If you catch a Meditite and get it to level 32, you got a really good moveset for a Smartness contest. (Calm Mind, Confusion, Mind Reader, and Hi Jump Kick)

A Pokemon with Rain Dance and all the Water-type HM's seems to work quite well in a Toughness or Beauty contest.

...You're on your own with Coolness...

Last edited:

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
    Most water-type attacks are either beauty or tough, so I recommend Milotic if you can find one, but it really depends on the pokemon and pokeblocks plus the rarity of berries, it can really raise the level and feel of 'em.

Years
    I won every cool contest with my Plusle. It has an electric-only move-set and I think (not sure) that every electric attack is considered "cool". Anyway juste telling you what I used for the cool contests =)

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I recommend Manectric,Swellow,Minun,Plusle, and others with the following combo for cool:
    Quick Attack + Aerial Ace
    Agility + Aerial Ace
    Quick Attack + Shock Wave

And just use Razz Berries and Cheri Berries

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
    I won masters with Gardevoir (or however its spelled)

Forget the nature but you can figure that out:

Calm Mind
    Psychic
    Hypnosis
    Dream Eater

Calm Mind -> Psychic -> Hypnosis -> Dream Eater -> Psychic

MizuJosh

Graceful Water Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2010
    I won masters with Gardevoir (or however its spelled)

Forget the nature but you can figure that out:

Calm Mind
    Psychic
    Hypnosis
    Dream Eater

Calm Mind -> Psychic -> Hypnosis -> Dream Eater -> Psychic
    Masters Smartness, correct? Sounds about right.

Milotic for Beauty, Swellow/Mightyena for Cool (I think...)... And probably a Normal type for Cute.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Ohhh, wait, try Swampert for Tough. Can't remember the moveset.

Years
    you know what? deoxys is the best for every contests, just teach it calm mind and psycho boost and just use them. 1st turn, wherever you are, calm mind will prevent your pokemon from being startled and high chance to be the last pokemon next turn, so next turn you use psycho boost which is a very high appealing move, its score will be double and you don't have to worry much about being startled by other pokemon, for scoring high score, next turn you will be the 1st performer, use calm mind again and follow these steps above, without going crowd, my pokemon usually score 7 heart in the last and always be the winner, never did i feel contest so easy like that wit deoxys. (you can do the same with sunny day+ overheat but sunny day doesn't provide 1 time avoiding startle)

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    A sour-liking Aron with Harden and Take Down and uses them in that sequence pwns every nonSinnoh contest with a little luck. I highly recommend letting the PokeBlock master do the Aspear blending for you, if you have Emerald.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    GlitchCity, every time I see that a thread has been bumped from over a year old, it's always you. Please learn the rule: do not bump threads over a month (and yes, that would include years) old!

Locked.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back