• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Red hack: Pokemon Red/Blue Full Color Hack (RB remade for GBC)

Years
  • Not sure what you mean.

Another bug I forget to mention is in Saffron city. If you talk to any Team Rocket npc, and then move towards the sleeping npc's position outside the Silph building - sometimes he takes a little longer to appear and sometimes he doesn't appear in the right place.

see this issue here in github (Buggy Guard Positioning in front of Silph Co)

it's a bug in the original red/blue games

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2022
    I love how theres a version for vanilla and upgraded graphics
    for the upgraded graphics is there any chance to also upgrade the map graphics like the tile set that was incorporated into the Red++ hack
    Pokemon Red/Blue Full Color Hack (RB remade for GBC)

Luna

Protector of Zig Lagoon
    Years
  • Those maps would not be possible on this base as it is. Red++ v4 does not actually use Red as the base anymore, it uses a heavily modified version of crystal as the base and modified things so much that Rangi had to make a different map editor for us to use. To do tilesets like that with this project as the base would require several things to be completely recoded.

Years
  • I just tried to compile the pokered gbc master, the one with the added gsc music, using Cygwin and got this error

error: audio.asm(1) -> constants.asm(42) -> color/data/map_palette_constants.asm(81):
    syntax error, unexpected set
    warning: audio.asm(367) -> audio/low_health_alarm.asm(64): [-Wobsolete]
    `alarm_tone: MACRO` is deprecated; use `MACRO alarm_tone`
    error: Assembly aborted (1 error)!
    make: *** [Makefile:90: audio_red.o] Error 1

Any suggestions? I love the full color and gen 2 sprites but i REALLY want the gsc music as well.

Danny-E 33

The Loneliest Cubone
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    I just tried to compile the pokered gbc master, the one with the added gsc music, using Cygwin and got this error

error: audio.asm(1) -> constants.asm(42) -> color/data/map_palette_constants.asm(81):
    syntax error, unexpected set
    warning: audio.asm(367) -> audio/low_health_alarm.asm(64): [-Wobsolete]
    `alarm_tone: MACRO` is deprecated; use `MACRO alarm_tone`
    error: Assembly aborted (1 error)!
    make: *** [Makefile:90: audio_red.o] Error 1

Any suggestions? I love the full color and gen 2 sprites but i REALLY want the gsc music as well.

Hi. You're using a version of rgbds that is too new.

You simply need to use the version of rgbds specified in the install instructions, v0.4.2.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2023
    I've got two simple requests.

1. Can you swap every Red sprite including from the Title Screen, Trainer ID, and Diploma with this one?

2. Can you swap the first Blue sprite from the initial three rival battles with this one so he's facing you just as in GSC?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2023
    Hello guys, can u help me please?

Im about to buy a cartridge of this rom hack.

Does this cartridge could damage a real gameboy color ips?

Thanks.

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    Does this cartridge could damage a real gameboy color ips?

I believe this refers to any instance where the LCD is disabled outside of the vblank period. This is is a critical thing to avoid when planning for real hardware as it can cause undue wear and tear on the LCD and cause a black horizontal line to burn-in.

Danny-E 33

The Loneliest Cubone
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    To be clear, there is no known issue with this mod that would lead to such a thing.
    This mod is tested on real hardware.

However, I cannot endorse any repro cart available online for purchase, as I know nothing about their production.

Days
    • Seen Jan 7, 2024
    Question/concern:

I noticed the IPS download link still says from 2017, even though I know there's been some bug fixes since then. So is the link not updated then? Only asking because I'm one of those few that don't understand how to compile the game myself from source code, sorry lol, and I noticed there's no releases section on the GitHub page.

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Does this rom hack have a way to evolve trade evo pokemon without trading? Or a way to get the missing starters/Fossil without trading? Solo player -- would like to do it organically in game. The starter glitch didnt seem to work in this version of the game so I couldnt glitch it in. But I love the visuals for this hack so much.

Last edited:
    Back