• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Pokemon Red/Blue Palette Editor

Lin

JohtoMap/ZOLE Creator
Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2014
    Well, it took me around a day to make. It would've been quicker had I known the 16-bit color formulas. But, I didn't, so, it took a day.

Pokemon Red/Blue Palette Editor

Usage
    Open up your ROM by going to File > Open... and select one. Then choose the palette to edit by clicking on the combo box (The drop down list) and selecting one. Click on the color box and move the scroll bars to change the color properties, or double click on the color box and select a color from the dialog (It will automatically be converted to 16-bit). When finished editing that palette, click on the Save Current Palette button.

Credits
    Me
    Darthatron for partial hex > color formula.
    Another site for the color > hex formula.

So all in all, it took a lot of messing with. After the color engine was done, the rest of the program was a piece of cake. Any bugs, please let me know.

Download as an attachment.

-Made in C# .NET 2008, which means you'd probably want to get the .NET Framework 3.0.

Request to All Users
    If you know how the "People" (Items/People/Trainer) event data works in Pokemon Red/Blue, tell me! I have made a Pokemon RB level editor, and that's all that's left to load! All other event data is loading fine. So please, help me out.

~Lin

Lin

JohtoMap/ZOLE Creator
    Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2014
    Next time, think about not quoting the whole topic. I can kind of guess you're talking to me without it.

What do you mean about "you've just reinvented the wheel...twice."? As far as I know, the palette editor hasn't been done. The map editor, I know about PokeMap. I personally hate it, and it has way too much missing stuff, like missing event and warp data. Not to mention there's missing maps. There's also many missing features like a header editor, and you can't re-point stuff.

The research part still stumps me. Do some research on what?

Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2024
    Great tool, but I have error.
    I open tool, I load my Pokemon Blue Rom (US) and... crash.

(I have Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1)

Pokemon Red/Blue Palette Editor

Lin

JohtoMap/ZOLE Creator
    Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2014
    Well, I've never tried it on a (US) Pokemon R/B ROM, but a (E) ROM. My guess is the offsets are different (Wow, nice guess Lin!) and the tool is trying to convert invalid values to a color, thus throwing an exception. I didn't put any exception protection (Heh) on anything but the file loading, so, sorry. Let me get my hands on a (US) ROM and get the color offsets.

Joceph

ギラティナ
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 9, 2012
    that other guy was right abt reinventing thing

Back