• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Red Hack

Status
Not open for further replies.

theEND

Veteran Pixel Artist/Spriter
Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2008
    Yea thats right! Im thinking about making a red hack, infact its already been decided... Ill post when I need a team so PM me if you want to be on when I do... I dont know if anyone is interested in doing a red hack though lol

Ill need scripters mostly but spriters and mappers are welcome.. text editors as well.\

The story is probably just going to be extended so it wont be much of a workout. Im thinking after Red/Ash w.e beats the elite 4 im going to add 4 new citys in the small island country called Ruryoku. 4 new gyms and a few new pokemon types...

Years
  • I don't think you've looked into hacking Red.
    I think this is just a half thought out hack.
    Ill need scripters mostly but spriters and mappers are welcome.. text editors as well.\
    Okay now to explain.
    Scripting: Very difficult, I only know of one, two or maybe three people that can script in RBY. As far as I know there is no scripting engine in RBY like there is the advanced generation of games, which makes it a lot harder.
    Spriters: The only spriting that is useful in RBY are people who can sprite tiles. Unless you can understand the compression routine, spriters aren't going to be helpful to you.
    Unless you take the time to learn all the things involved with RBY games, mapping and text editing is probably all you'll be able to do.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    You have little information about this, and it looks like you're posting this to get people to help you. Try making a thread in Team Discussions, and if you have more information about the hack, such as storyline and features and a name, you can post another thread here.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back