• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon reference images(request)

Hejlug

Gamemaker
Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2009
    Okay,i downloaded Blender3d few weeks ago.
    Not to say my artistic skills are great,but i try.
    Anyway,somebody got reference images of pokemon?
    One side view and one front view(well top view would help too,but its very rare i guess).
    Im doing bulbasaur now.But i only have a good image from the side.

Hejlug

Gamemaker
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2009
    few hours of work,and this is all i could make.Well,im still working on it.

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2020
    Oh look. Another 3d Artist. I wouldnt only model pokemon by using side,front etc. Start modeling using perspective shots. Or just infer. That is how I modeled my pokemon.

WeisseEdelweiss

Executor
    Years
    • PA
    • Seen Feb 22, 2013
    The best bet you'll get is probably from the game sprites. They can be found with a simple google.com search.
    Happy hunting!

Hejlug

Gamemaker
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2009
    Yeah,thanks for your comments.Only im not a 3d artist.This is the 1st time i try to create something.

Years
  • I'm not much into this kind of art, but I think that bulbasaur is pretty good and recognizable. I think it will be cool when it's done.

Hejlug

Gamemaker
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2009
    Thanks,i try.
    Umm,sorry for a noob question,but does Bulba have some kind of tail?I honestly dont remember.

Years
  • Thanks,i try.
    Umm,sorry for a noob question,but does Bulba have some kind of tail?I honestly dont remember.

Actually, I don't think he does. Don't take it from me, I hardly watch the anime. But the last time I saw Ash's bulbasaur, there was just a butt.

Hejlug

Gamemaker
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2009
    Damn,my hd was erased.had to reinstall Windows.I didnt have a backup of the files :(
    Guess i have to start over.

Mechanic

Shin!~ hohohohoho!~
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    Awww, too bad that happened, i share your pain bro, other than that, Bulba have this lil tail like those puppies so cute, but, it gets wider as it closes the body hehe. (SOMEWHAT V shaped).

Hejlug

Gamemaker
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2009
    Ok,started over.Now i try to keep it lowpoly.The hardest part is that merging the body parts,cause i make each from a primitive.Already merged the body and the head.Now to merge the hands,feet and the bulb.
    Anyway,i think i should make another thread?cause im not requesting pokemon images any more.

Grimdour

Sleepsleepysleepy~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2009
    Bulbasaur has an even front leg:hind leg ratio. Make the front legs bigger and it has a stubby tail.

Hejlug

Gamemaker
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2009
    You mean the front legs are as long as the back ones?

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
    Years
  • no the back ones are shorter because that's where his bulb(which is heavy and needs more support) and therefore sit closer to the ground(So is my theory)

Back